Miami hotels with shuttle from airport and to port

rayteacher17

I've been searching through the boards and haven't found any recommendations that are quite what I want. We are flying into Miami late the night before our cruise. The last time we did this we were able to find a hotel that offered a shuttle from the airport and then to the cruise port the next day. That hotel has changed ownership so I am looking for something similar. Does anyone have any suggestions? We are on a budget so price is a factor as well.

The days inn on 11th does that. However, you may want to book a nicer hotel that has shuttle service from MIA and then just pay the $7 - $10 for the taxi to the port the next morning. In my research I've found that the hotels that offer both shuttles may not be quality.

You can get to all the downtown hotels using the metro/metromover train system. It's cheap, the trains are frequent, and in some cases deliver you directly at the hotel. Then the taxi is only $10 total instead of paying $10 - $15 per person for a shuttle.

Just a thought...

Thank you for your input. Yeah, we saw that Days Inn and it looks pretty sketchy. I dont need fancy but I cannot handle reviews that say cockroaches. ugh!

Our flight gets in pretty late (10:35) so we're definitely looking for something where the transportation from the airport to the hotel is easy and safe. If we were to book a downtown hotel, does anyone know what a shuttle or cab from the airport would cost?

La Quinta East is a budget motel near the MIA airport that offers both free airport shuttles and free shuttles to POM. It gets mixed reviews, but seems to be good enough for lots of cruisers.

Other options include Embassy Suites, and hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Homewood Suites, Sofitel & Hampton Inn). If they do not offer free shuttle a taxi will cost under $30 (including tip) or most can arrange for a shuttle for $10-12 per person.

Taxi from POM back to MIA after your cruise will cost $25 +tip. Good luck! :)

You'll find plenty of hotels that have either the one shuttle or the other.....very few have both. But remember--a taxi from the airport to POM is only around $25, so it would be that or less from your hotel to the port......IMO at least, I wouldn't let that cab ride dictate where I stayed. I'd rather stay in a place I wanted to stay and liked rather than stay at some shady little hotel just because it had two free shuttles just to save $25...

We booked Embassy Suites Miami Airport for precruise on 1/28 thru lastminutetravel.com for $149. It has free airport shuttle & offers shuttle to port for $10. We've always been happy with any Embassy Suites we've stayed at, so we're hoping we like this one too. ;)

We booked Embassy Suites Miami Airport for precruise on 1/28 thru lastminutetravel.com for $149. It has free airport shuttle & offers shuttle to port for $10. We've always been happy with any Embassy Suites we've stayed at, so we're hoping we like this one too. ;)

ES is a good choice for those arriving later in the day - enjoy the pool, free happy hour :D and dinner there, because there's nothing around the hotel. Good luck! :)

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. We are starting to lean toward taking a cab from the airport to a hotel near the port (maybe Holiday Inn Port of Miami) or else trying to find a place with a shuttle from the airport so we can just take a cab to the port in the morning. Any suggestions for hotels with just a free airport shuttle?

We are starting to lean toward taking a cab from the airport to a hotel near the port (maybe Holiday Inn Port of Miami)....

Uh, no! please continue looking. The HI POM is a dump (yes really, as described by myself and a few others on these boards). You can do a lot better. Just keep searching the threads (use the "Search this forum" function on the right hand side of the main Florida board instead of the general search function for the whole website; type in "Miami hotel" and you will get, literally, hundreds of hits), make your notes, read the reviews on tripadvisor.com.

We stayed at the Laquinta Airport in May 2010, and will be staying there again next month. Free shuttle from the airport, and free shuttle to the POM. In May 2010, we paid $75/night, and next month $135, however, we are willing to pay the price. The staff was amazing, extremely friendly. there is nothing to do around the hotel at all, but we had Pizza Hut deliver right to our rooms. The front desk gave us paper plates and napkins. They have a beautiful pool to lounge around at and watch the planes overhead. Last flights were at 10pm, so it was quiet during sleeping hours. The breakfast in the morning was more than enough to fill you up until you got to the boat, constisting of cereal, yogarts, fresh fruits, bagels, waffles, juices, milk and coffee. The rooms were very clean and perfect for our family of 4. Definately a great place to stay and look forward to staying there again :)

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. We are starting to lean toward taking a cab from the airport to a hotel near the port (maybe Holiday Inn Port of Miami) or else trying to find a place with a shuttle from the airport so we can just take a cab to the port in the morning. Any suggestions for hotels with just a free airport shuttle?

The Holliday Inn does not offer a shuttle. I have stayed there twice. I will stay a 3rd time. It is not really a very nice hotel but location in front of bayside is good. There are good restaurants in bayside. Holliday Inn has coffee facilities. If you stay there request a room with ocean view. You may see your ship coming into harbor early in the morning.

None of the downtown or Miami Beach hotels offers a "free" airprot shuttle - only hotels out near MIA offer airport shuttle services; a taxi to any of the downtown hotels close to POM will cost you $25+ and another $10-12 cab to get to POM the next day. Good luck! :)

Archived