Tuscan Grille on Eclipse...??

cruiseaholic13

I have seen several positive reviews for Morano and mixed reviews for Quisine, but haven't seen many reviews on Tuscan Grille...we typically enjoy the specialty restaurants, just curious about this one? Also, if you have sailed Aqua Class, what do you think about Blu?

we were on the Eclipse TA last spring and ate at Tuscan Grill twice. It has a great menu but the food did not live up to the expectation set by the menu. The only dish I remember was the rib eye steak which was just terrible. It was our least favorite restaurant (we ate and enjoyed Qsine and Murano). Of course it could of just been what we ordered or the provisions on that one cruise.

we have since eaten in the Tuscan on the Equinox and it was terrific...I had the filet which was tender and flavorful....different ship???? who knows.

we were on the Eclipse TA last spring and ate at Tuscan Grill twice. It has a great menu but the food did not live up to the expectation set by the menu. The only dish I remember was the rib eye steak which was just terrible. It was our least favorite restaurant (we ate and enjoyed Qsine and Murano). Of course it could of just been what we ordered or the provisions on that one cruise.

we have since eaten in the Tuscan on the Equinox and it was terrific...I had the filet which was tender and flavorful....different ship???? who knows.

That goes along with what the other reviews I have seen. Thank you!!

Food is so subjective, but Tuscan is my absolute favourite of all of the specialty dining venues. I like the vibe of the restaurant, as well as its location at the aft of the ship. The first time we went (on the Solstice), the maitre'd was fantastic and that brought us back on the Eclipse, we have learned after a few visits that you cannot eat every course. Ultimately Tuscan is just my kind of food so I will keep going back and back. I can see how you could over eat easily and you either need to not eat very much during the day, or plan to not eat every course that evening. The pistachio marble creme brule is my favourite. We have also had very good servers at the Tuscan Grill, usually the same as those working in Bistro on 5 during the lunch shift, so we get to know them.

As for Blu, we like it as well and bf says he could just eat in Blu all week and never go to Tuscan.

All in all, both are great for us, but like I said, food is subjective so I am sure you will get a mixed bag of reviews. We didn't think Qsine was very good, but loved the CC group we went with last year.

For me Tuscan Grille is decent, but I have access to so many similar restaurants close to home that it is nothing special. I much prefer Murano (for an upscale dining experience) of Qsine (for a creative, fun, unique, playful dinner). While the food at Tuscan Grille is a step up from the MDR, it is not on par with Murano and is just nothing special. The restaurant itself is attractive though.

I've been to Tuscan Grill on Solstice a few times. I don't eat a lot of meat and was able to find lots of good vegetarian food to eat. I loved the eggplant parmesan and my DH enjoyed the grilled sea bass. I prefer Murano but they are both good. I have always enjoyed excellent service in the Celebrity specialty restaurants.

I love Tuscan. The filet mignon is the best on the ship (imho), and the space is my favorite restaurant space on board as well. We went late and the staff wanted to keep feeding us, didn't expect too much and left completely satisfied. Much better quality food than Qsine (to us). Don't bother with the chop chop salad though.

We love Blu...with the exception of booking Murano, we would never need to go anywhere else because we the food is that good! It was well worth the extra fare (which wasn't very much) The Tuscan Grill was fine and we might book it again, but we have a lot of Italian fare in our area so for us it's not a must do for the next cruise. Like M.R.X., we love where the restaurant is located...it's just a beautiful place to dine. I love the decor of all of Celebrity's dining areas....they are all very classy!:)

I like Tuscan more than Murano's. Food is different but equal in my estimation and Tuscan atmosphere much preferred. Murano, on two different ships now, just doesn't stand up to the "M" class specialty restaurants in food quality or service. The first time we were there we were virtually ignored by staff (yes, I know hard to believe, but true...to the point that we were refunded all charges). The second time was better but still far inferior to the Normandie on Summit, the Olympic on Millie. We love the "S" class ships but most likely will not be back at Murano's. Tuscan Grill? Absolutely.

I realize that I am in the minority on this...but different strokes for different folks.....:)

I couldn't agree with youmore. We ate at Murano twice last year on the eclipse(once regular, and once for the specail schef's dinner). And this year we are not going back. I found the food very old fashion, very heavy, and not like anything I've eaten in years. Tuscan on the other hand, is very good, for what it is. Some dishes better than others, but worth a visit. but our favorite was Qsine. So fun, inventive, and good.

I like Tuscan more than Murano's. Food is different but equal in my estimation and Tuscan atmosphere much preferred. Murano, on two different ships now, just doesn't stand up to the "M" class specialty restaurants in food quality or service. The first time we were there we were virtually ignored by staff (yes, I know hard to believe, but true...to the point that we were refunded all charges). The second time was better but still far inferior to the Normandie on Summit, the Olympic on Millie. We love the "S" class ships but most likely will not be back at Murano's. Tuscan Grill? Absolutely.

I realize that I am in the minority on this...but different strokes for different folks.....:)

This makes perfect sense to me. I liked Tuscan better than Murano, but the wife liked Murano better. However having a poor staff experience would trump everything. We didn't have such an experience at any of the restaurants, but had we, we'd have felt the same way as you.

We ate in Blu 5 times on our last cruise and the food and service were always wonderful. the rack of lamb and the lobster were our favorite dishes. We also tried TG and Qsine (which we loved!!). TG has a wonderful ambiance and a beautiful view of the ship's wake, service was very good too. I would agree that the food was above average and well worth the $30 pp we paid (prior to price increase). I'd go back just for the amazing pistachio creme brûlée. I have photos of food and restaurants in my review. (link below).

Oh that was SO HELPFUL!!! I am a "foodie" for sure and would love to try all 3 (and will now :) We booked Aqua Class just for Blu and I am so glad I did!! Thank you all for your very helpful comments!! I just love this "forum" and am so thankful for it!! 5 more weeks!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!

On the Solstice last month they were offering nice packages for trying all of the specialty restaurants. We had prebooked Murano so we didn't do the package, but it was tempting. The restaurants were the busiest that we have ever seen them.

Archived