Just off Millennium Dec 31st cruise

goldencruiser

We had a wonderful time on the Millennium cruise (Dec 31 - Jan 5). This was the best service we have had a cruise out of 14 cruises. Everyone from our cabin steward (Maria and her assistant) on deck 9 aft, our waiter and assistant waiter (Mete and Bryan) to the bar waiters and entertainment staff. Our waiter and assistant waiter went above and beyond on this cruise. They arranged for a special meal for our son every night that was not on the menu. The ship looks like it is in great condition. Our stateroom was clean and comfortable. We were on deck 9 below the buffet and never heard any noise from up above. We never encountered any problem with smokers, which was a delight! The cruise was the smoothest we have ever had. The piano player in the Cova Cafe was Patrick Hall and he had an excellent voice. We listened to him every night as well as the guitar player (John Winters). Gracie from the cruise directors staff ran the trivia every day and had quite a following and she could really sing! Although, the best female voice on the ship had to be the cruise director, Cassie. We arrived to check in at 11am and walked right on. There was no wait in either security or the check in desk. Getting off was just as easy! We departed at 7:45am (our designated time) and literally walked off with no one in front of us and no lines. We were off the ship in 5 minutes.

Any questions, let me know.

We had a wonderful time on the Millennium cruise (Dec 31 - Jan 5). This was the best service we have had a cruise out of 14 cruises. Everyone from our cabin steward (Maria and her assistant) on deck 9 aft, our waiter and assistant waiter (Mete and Bryan) to the bar waiters and entertainment staff. Our waiter and assistant waiter went above and beyond on this cruise. They arranged for a special meal for our son every night that was not on the menu. The ship looks like it is in great condition. Our stateroom was clean and comfortable. We were on deck 9 below the buffet and never heard any noise from up above. We never encountered any problem with smokers, which was a delight! The cruise was the smoothest we have ever had. The piano player in the Cova Cafe was Patrick Hall and he had an excellent voice. We listened to him every night as well as the guitar player (John Winters). Gracie from the cruise directors staff ran the trivia every day and had quite a following and she could really sing! Although, the best female voice on the ship had to be the cruise director, Cassie. We arrived to check in at 11am and walked right on. There was no wait in either security or the check in desk. Getting off was just as easy! We departed at 7:45am (our designated time) and literally walked off with no one in front of us and no lines. We were off the ship in 5 minutes.

Thank you. We are booked on the 1/23/12 sailing, can't wait!

We are just off the Millennium on 12/22, and like other Celebrity cruises we have taken, we also had a great time while on board. The only difference this cruise is that I left my mother's (who passed away a few years ago) wedding rings in our stateroom safe (coincidentally also on Deck 9) and I'm heart-broken that the rings have not been recovered. Since you are such experienced cruisers, I wonder if you have any experience or could otherwise suggest any action we could take in addition to our communication with the cruise line (which of course we have been). I find it nearly impossible to believe that a crew member or the next passengers to occupy the stateroom would have not turned in the rings, but after many sleepless nights going over our last day on the ship, I am certain the rings were in the safe. We love cruising and this was the first time I've lost anything--but after this, I don't believe I will ever be able to cruise again. If you have any insight or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

We are just off the Millennium on 12/22, and like other Celebrity cruises we have taken, we also had a great time while on board. The only difference this cruise is that I left my mother's (who passed away a few years ago) wedding rings in our stateroom safe (coincidentally also on Deck 9) and I'm heart-broken that the rings have not been recovered. Since you are such experienced cruisers, I wonder if you have any experience or could otherwise suggest any action we could take in addition to our communication with the cruise line (which of course we have been). I find it nearly impossible to believe that a crew member or the next passengers to occupy the stateroom would have not turned in the rings, but after many sleepless nights going over our last day on the ship, I am certain the rings were in the safe. We love cruising and this was the first time I've lost anything--but after this, I don't believe I will ever be able to cruise again. If you have any insight or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Do you know if anyone has been able to actiually check the safe? I imagine that crew would be reluctant to do this while there was another guest occupying the room and there would have been only a few hours between you vacating the room and new guests arriving. I know that small coins slip underneath the "carpetting" on the floor of the safes and I am sure rings could also so this.

Sue

Welcome back and glad you had such a good time:). I will be

sailing her next Saturday:D....just have to get through this week!;)

Sorry about your rings......there is a Corporate Guest Relations

number on the Celebrity Website, 800-256-6649. If you look at the

website this number shows it is for "Post Cruise" comments...so I would

say try it. They are open on Saturdays so give them a call today.

I can't tell you how to feel or not feel~maybe after some time you

will want to cruise again. I remember a few years ago I thought I

had lost my Mom's band (not on a cruise) but eventually I found it.

It can be disheartening but never cruising again? Would she have

wanted you to stop?

Hope you feel better soon:)

Welcome back and glad you had such a good time:). I will be

sailing her next Saturday:D....just have to get through this week!;)

Hi Lois,

Lauren and I just got off the Millennium (Dec 30th) and had a wonderful time! Say hi to Lionel, the Captain's Club host, and have a great cruise! :)

Kel

Hi Lois,

Lauren and I just got off the Millennium (Dec 30th) and had a wonderful time! Say hi to Lionel, the Captain's Club host, and have a great cruise! :)

Kel

Hi Kelly:) will do! First time I will be in Falmouth and Celebrity has

a ALOT of excursions offered. I want to do something but cannot

decide which one:eek:...the beach? Glassbottom boat and the beach?

Taste of Jamaica? It is a lunch and tour of the Good Hope House....

Beach/Lunch?.......too many choices!

Our formal night was on the second night, January 1st. It is too hard to do a formal night on the first night of a sail because too many people won't have their luggage in time for dinner time. Although, there were several people dressed in formal wear on New Years Eve.

A number of years ago our son left an expensive electronic device in the theatre and after we discovered that he was missing it we went to the pursers desk. A bar server who was cleaning the theatre turned it in. We were extremely happy to see the honesty in the Celebrity employees.

Just off this cruise too. I agree, for the most part, very well done Celebrity.

The Grand Cayman port was moved from Georgetown to a parking lot about 5 miles away when th Georgetown port was closed due to high swells. Celebrity did an excellent job organizing operations at the alternate location with well organized staff, free shuttle buses and a slight departure delay to make up for the lost time.

I was very disappointed in the pool operations. At 10 am more than half the pool chairs had stuff on them, not people. When I inquired I was told that they would start carding empty chairs as a warning and 30 minutes later they would remove the stuff. We dragged two chairs together and then watched for the next three hours as the saved chairs were neither carded nor cleared. Diapered babies in the pool. Bar servers serving beer in the pool. But the worst was a guy who brought a glass bottle beer into the thalasotherapy pool - during moderate seas with the water sloshing out of the crowded pool. When I pointed out the glass beer bottle to a pool butler he walked out of the area. When I reported it to a security officer (2 stripes) I was told it wasn't his job. Huh? I did put this on my comment card but these issues have gone unchecked for years.

Welcome to the poster who lost her mom's rings. I agree that the safe needs to be carefully searched - they could be hiding in or under the fabric walls or floor. I hope they are found and returned to you. For others - I put small items in a zippered compartment of my wallet or a sealed envelope before placing in safe. There are envelopes in the blue desk book.

Archived