Costa Concordia Feb 6, 2012 anyone?

Gwyne

This ship will be in drydock for a very long time.

If not outright written off. The combination of the water damage from almost capsizing and the hull damage from the grounding/collision might be severe enough to cause the ship to be claimed a total loss.

We just received an e-mail from Costa, saying that agencies with people booked on future cruises will be contacted as soon as possible to relay rebooking or cancellation options that are available their priority right now is with the guests who were on this cruise.

So OP, sit tight. If you booked through a travel agent, at least you know they will be contacting them with your options.

i'm not sure i would wan't to re book i think a refund is the safer option....

I suspect a rebook option will have LOTS of perks in it, and let's be honest, after an event like this, you can bet they'll be as safe as can be for the next 12-24 months because all eyes will be on them like hawks.

Take the rebook, along with all the "we're sorry, we're safe, honest, come see!" upgrades and perks that are sure to follow.

We were booked on this cruise leaving Civitavechia on 1/27/12.

I have spent 4 hours on the phone and Costa has offered a refund and 30% off a future cruise.

Now we have had to make many alternative travel arrangements within a 2 week window and subject to higher fares.

What a poor offer, 30% off a future cruise?.

I have spent 4 hours on the phone and Costa has offered a refund and 30% off a future cruise.

Now we have had to make many alternative travel arrangements within a 2 week window and subject to higher fares.

Stop moaning and be thankful you weren't on this cruise.

Ron

After seeing this same post by Soonerfanatic on a couple of threads on the Costa board I feel the need to add my opinion if it.

Soonerfanatic -- I can't help but feel that by spending "4 hours on the phone" with Costa that you utilized Costa's valuable time and energies that are certainly stressed dealing with the complexities of the crisis at hand. Your trip is over ten days away!

Give the people at Costa an opportunity to deal with everything they need to do. It's bearly been 48 hours since this tragedy. Stop whining and stop being so selfish!

What were you hoping for or expecting given the situation??? A new cruise on the Concordia?

What were you hoping for or expecting given the situation??? A new cruise on the Concordia?

Agreed. I think their offer is above and beyond what they had to do. They didn't have to give you anything off a future cruise. Be glad you weren't on this or next weeks cruise. You have time to make other arrangements.

15 people are still missing and you are getting a refund on your cruise. To me that seems like a fair deal to you.

And 30% discount on a new cruise? Hello Dolly - you cannot seriously be complaining about that? I really think that since 15 people are still somewhere unaccounted for that maybe finding them just might be the thing that Costa is currently focusing on - and NOT offering you a deeper discount on a future cruise.

And if you had been on this cruise I am guessing you'd be complaining that Costa wasn't doing enough to get you home/give you new clothes/find your suitcase first, etc instead of getting a bigger discount for someone perfectly safe in their own home who hasn't just gone through the sinking of the vessel they were on.

I have serious doubts about humanity when someone is worried about a discount on a future cruise when said booked cruise ship is 60% percent underwater and still contains humans.

Really? People lost their lives and all you are concerned about is how they are going to compensate you for missing your cruise? Or that you have to make alternate travel arrangments subject to higher fares? And you wasted 4 hours of Costa personnel time who had more pressing things to take care of?

Others, not all sooners are this cold ....

heres a funny story, my travel agent just got off the phone with costa asking about our cruise in march. her first response was if you cancel now you will pay a cancellation fee!!!! My agent tells them well they will be there, but will your boat be there? let the negotiations begin!

heres a funny story, my travel agent just got off the phone with costa asking about our cruise in march. her first response was if you cancel now you will pay a cancellation fee!!!! My agent tells them well they will be there, but will your boat be there? let the negotiations begin!

Sounds like she needs to call back and talk to somebody else

ALL OF YOU THAT ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR NEAR OR FUTURE CRUISE WITH COSTA AND THIS SHIP ARE TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE!!! I am ashamed to be a part of a board with such selfish people that are "upset" that because of NOT getting full refund or flight arrangements etc.......

PEOPLE DIED...PEOPLE ARE MISSING.......and the ones that made it are scarred......

Archived