Military benefits

DDMau

What kind of benefits, discounts or OBC do the cruise lines offer military people.

Can military discounts be combined with other discounts, I have heard if you use one discount you can't combine.

I know Princess offers OBC to military but what do the other cruise lines offer.

Thanks

Personally, in every instance that I have looked at military discounts for cruising, I have been able to get better pricing without it. I don't even bother trying anymore. And, for retiree's, there isn't that many discounts available. They are mostly for active duty.

Cheers,

Personally, in every instance that I have looked at military discounts for cruising, I have been able to get better pricing without it. I don't even bother trying anymore.
The onboard credit benefits are in addition to whatever deal you make with your travel agent. On 3 Cunard cruises we've made our best deal and then later have called for the military benefit. As was mentioned for Princess, Cunard gives onboard credit of $50 (6 days or fewer) up to $250 (14 days and longer) upon request with some basic documentation. The length of service required for the benefit is very short - only 2 years unless you have been in a war zone in which it's about 6 months.

If you are a USAA member, which a lot of military are, you can book through their TA. We got $300 off our RCI cruise and still got $100 OBC when RCI did their end of year sale. So, savings of $400 so far. You have to go through the USAA website to book.

Since my dad was AF, we've booked a few cruises on RCI using a military discount. They are like a state/senior discount in that they are not for every sailing and can be added/removed at about any time. The savings have tended to be substantial (somtimes thousands of dollars).

If you are a USAA member, which a lot of military are, you can book through their TA. We got $300 off our RCI cruise and still got $100 OBC when RCI did their end of year sale. So, savings of $400 so far. You have to go through the USAA website to book.

I did not know this, but will look on USAA from now one to see if they can make us a better deal, Thanks for the tip.

Princess gives OBC of $50 to $250 depending on the length of the cruise to qualifying military personnel and retired military. It is combinable with other obc.

Princess OBC for veterans, retired military and active duty military cannot be combined with the share holder OBC or so Princess told me.

Princess OBC for veterans, retired military and active duty military cannot be combined with the share holder OBC or so Princess told me.

When Princess first introduced the Military OBC, it was not combinable with the shareholder obc, but the quickly changed to allow it. There are many posts from people who have gotten both.

Archived