Celebrity Summit Jan 28- Feb 4

Galina

My husband and I will be on Celebrity Summit on Jan 28- Feb 4. I would appreciate any tips for the places we'd be visiting -- St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada and St. Thomas. We don't plan on taking cruise ship.

My husband and I will be on Celebrity Summit on Jan 28- Feb 4. I would appreciate any tips for the places we'd be visiting -- St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada and St. Thomas. We don't plan on taking cruise ship.

On St. Croix, we just got a taxi at the dock and went to Cane Bay. It was a beautiful beach where we rented chairs. I don't think we needed an umbrella. We went across the street to the open air restaurant, eat@Cane Bay and had a wonderful lunch and good drinks. We arranged for the cab driver to return us to the ship at a set time and she was there waiting for us at the appointed time.

On St. Kitts, we really wanted to go to Nevis, so we took the catamaran sponsored by the ship because that was the only way to get there. It was really fun.

Grenada, we walked down the dock and took one of the small ferries to Grand Anse beach. When you arrive at the beach, keep walking to the right and you'll fine chairs/umbrellas much cheaper with less hassle from vendors. We had a great day there.

On St Thomas, we usually either stay on the ship or go to St. John.

We just wandered the markets near the dock on Dominica.

We're on the Summit on 2/18 with a little different itinerary. Can't wait!

Can you let us know, how do you like the new Summit??!! I can't wait for comments on the refurn Summit!! Hopefully posive ones!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed on the Summit last year and will do so again Feb 11-18. The best day of our trip last year was at St. Thomas. We took the Morningstar Charter.

http://www.morningstarcharter.com/

We have reserved a spot again this year. It truly is a great time. Check out the reviews at Trip Advisor. You will not be disappointed.

I have sailed Summit 4 times and hope you have a wonderful cruise:)

St Croix....there is great place called Sandcastle on the Beach that

I recommend.

Here is a link to their website:

www.sandcastleonthebeach.com It is not too far from the ship and

there is a shuttle that goes there. I believe it was 6.00 roundtrip

(been a couple of years since I have been there). I really enjoyed

St Croix:)

I recommend.

Hi, Lois!:) For the benefit of others, still six bucks RT (as of last year), and the driver was nice enough to make a trip back when I left my beach bag in the front seat after arrival at Sandcastle-- she got a very nice tip, of course! The OP is probably boarding right about now. Am I jealous? Oh, a little.:(;):rolleyes: Loved Sandcastle, BTW-- thanks for recommending it!

We highly recommend the Celebrity sold package to the Falls on Grenada...we took the one with the add-on of the Botanical Gardens and stop for native teas.

Dominica is an absolutely beautiful place and we loved the spirit of the people. It's our favorite stop of our last two cruises.

Hi, Lois!:) For the benefit of others, still six bucks RT (as of last year), and the driver was nice enough to make a trip back when I left my beach bag in the front seat after arrival at Sandcastle-- she got a very nice tip, of course! The OP is probably boarding right about now. Am I jealous? Oh, a little.:(;):rolleyes: Loved Sandcastle, BTW-- thanks for recommending it!

Hi Steve:) yes, they are now on the 1st cruise after the drydock.

Hope everyone is having a good time....it is just about time to

sail!

Just stayed a week on St Kitts. To really see the island take an around the island tour. Walk out of the port area where all the port shopping is centered. Once you get out into town you'll see an informal taxi stand. This is very safe. Tell them that you want an around the island tour which will probably cost you between $60-$80 and will last about 5 hours. Stop and see Brimstone Hill and Otley's Plantation for lunch. Ask to see the place were the Caribbean and Altantic are both visable and if you have time you can take in a beach as well. The taxi drivers know the routine and will offer local color along the way. You can add people and pay about the same.;)

Lois you gorgeous creature you!! Barb (my DW) spotted your post and we booked sandcastle. We always appreciate your perspective on these excursions. Hopefully we will finally be on a cruise with you. This will be our second Summit cruise and right after the retrofitting. Best of luck to you, see you on the high seas hopefully!

We sailed on the Summit last year and will do so again Feb 11-18. The best day of our trip last year was at St. Thomas. We took the Morningstar Charter.

http://www.morningstarcharter.com/

We have reserved a spot again this year. It truly is a great time. Check out the reviews at Trip Advisor. You will not be disappointed.

What are their rates and what didyou like about it? Did you pay when you got there or in advance?

I recommend.

Hey Lois,

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll be in St. Croix next month, first time there.

Sounds perfect!

Hope all is well.

Mari:)

Sand Castle beach sounds great. We will be in St Crois 4/22 on Celebrity Summit. How did you find this shuttle off the ship??

Hi:) it is very easy. When you disembark the ship there is only one way

to go.....keep walking and you will find an area that have some local

folks sitting there and they will take your money and give you a ticket

and there are vans that will take you to the hotel (and pick you up

later in the day).

Hey Lois,

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll be in St. Croix next month, first time there.

Sounds perfect!

Hope all is well.

Mari:)

Hi Mari:) doing ok, thanks. Hope you and yours are doing well too.

We are booked on the Summit out of San Juan for March 10th-17th. For St Croix we are planning to get day passes to Sandcastle on the Beach. It's a gay resort but everybody is welcome. For St Kitts we are going on a Thenford Gray excursion that includes Brimstone Hill and Romney Manor. For Dominica we are going with Levi Baron's Bumpiing Tours that visits Champagne cove, Trafalgar falls and other scenic locations and thermal springs places on that gorgeous island. We've been to Grenada before so we will probably just walk The Carenage, visit the market square, and maybe take a water taxi to Grand Anse Beach. St Thomas will be either Blackbeard's Castle or Coral World.

None of what we do is offered by the ship. We have saved substantially on shore excursions over the years by going on our own, reading posts on cruise message boards and doing our own research. Getting recommendations from friends also goes a long way.

Enjoy your cruise vacation!

Thanks; I have connected w/hotel at Sandcastleonthebeach and they have instructed me on getting taxi. Sounds fun!

Did you do any other sightseeing after the beach? we figured after 3-4 hrs on beach we will be sunned out

Archived