Carnval stock down big time

two4me

Latest trade 1864 pence = $30.94

thats no so bad. It was only $32 when they announced earnings and missed, until santa rally.

I would not buy at $30 here, with so much hitting the next earnings. Dont forget they lowered guidance going forward before this.

i wouldn't say its a great time to buy. what if the ship slips more and does go into the deep water? what if the fuel tanks rupture? what if even more claims of the captain and chief officers doing irresponsible stuff come out. with the 16 or so still missing what if more stories of dead passengers found near muster stations come out? there was a post by someone on the costa board who claimed their relative was a salvage inspector for a company called titan something or other and that person personally inspected the ship for the salvage options. if i had that info as gospel truth i'd use it.

Oh more and more news continues to come out on the Captain. This was no accident and it's only going to get worse for Carnival Corporation. The law suits and bad press will continue to mount. This will have an effect on all of the industry but more for Carnival's brand.

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16149739

I will buy at $25.00 share or less only. I started watching this stock in August when it was $28.00 share, so my goal is it to get less than that before I will buy. Historically it would go up from there unless they have more "accidents", which it is looking more and more like the captain thought too much of himself and was overconfident in his abilities to cruise next to a reef.

Yeah? I purchased BP in the mid 20's and have made a killing......what's your point?;)

People who bought it in April at 60 lost a lot of money and to this day have not made it back.

It's not for the weak heated and when someone comes upon a post on an internet message board they my want to do a lot of investigation before beleive they can make 5% or 10% in such an easy manner.

Knowning when Carnival hit's the low will be a good time to buy.

So anyone want to guess today what the low will be?

People who bought it in April at 60 lost a lot of money and to this day have not made it back.

It's not for the weak heated and when someone comes upon a post on an internet message board they my want to do a lot of investigation before beleive they can make 5% or 10% in such an easy manner.

Knowning when Carnival hit's the low will be a good time to buy.

So anyone want to guess today what the low will be?

Not really being able to follow your points here. But yes, if you had bought BP and 60 you would have lost money. If you bought at 23 you would have made money. That's the way the stockmarket works. If you don't understand the stock market, my advice would be to stay away from it. If you are getting your pick information from a cruiseline chatboard you are in very very deep trouble.

And yes, it would be a really good idea to buy when Carnival hits the low. Good idea!:)

It's all just speculation now, but I think I'd hold off on buying any CCL now - I think selling is the best bet or if you must, just hold what you have.

I think when all the facts come out there will be another large sell off and even greater value lost in the stock.

Yes, it does seem like the stock has been hit pretty hard already with just preliminary information out. What I don't think has shown up is the lawsuits that may come against Carnival/Costa for these continual flyby maneuvers on the island that seems to have been known by the cruise line for quite some time. That has liability written all over it.

That was on Micky's personal Twitter account, maybe you should read some of the press releases and official statements and not just what gets posted here and in the jaded press.

I don't use twitter and I don't call the WSJ the " jaded press ".

I don't call the WSJ the " jaded press ".

That's a matter of perspective though isn't it. I'm sure the "Occupiers" think the WSJ is very jaded.

Let's try another tack. Since Friday's event Carnival and or Costa have:

• Released statements of sympathy/support.
  • Made sure that all survivors were adequately housed and fed and assisted with arranging transport home.
  • Cooperated fully with the investigators and searchers.
  • Threw their Captain under the bus.
  • Announced a very fair compensation plan for those on future cruises of the Concordia.
  • Released a statement to shareholders on their estimates of the affects on future earnings.

What else would you have them do?

That's a matter of perspective though isn't it. I'm sure the "Occupiers" think the WSJ is very jaded.

Let's try another tack. Since Friday's event Carnival and or Costa have:

• Released statements of sympathy/support.
  • Made sure that all survivors were adequately housed and fed and assisted with arranging transport home.
  • Cooperated fully with the investigators and searchers.
  • Threw their Captain under the bus.
  • Announced a very fair compensation plan for those on future cruises of the Concordia.
  • Released a statement to shareholders on their estimates of the affects on future earnings.

Hear, hear!

Made sure that all survivors were adequately housed and fed and assisted with arranging transport home.

Well at least we both get to sit at a keyboard without having to know what they are really going through. But if you think giving someone a hotel room and some hot chow is about all Carnival can do only means you and I will never see eye to eye.

BTW I did a google search on Carnival, made it though 5 pages and found two links saying Carnival did issue a statement.

But don't let that get in your way of things of thinking this is the best they can do for people.

Why would there be a massive sell-off? I don't get it! This is an accident, and in my observations, is not representative of the fleet or the various corporations Carnival has. Sure, I think some folks are going to dump their stock... others are going to buy. Stop guessing about the what ifs! And if you are not happy with Carnival, then move on.

Well at least we both get to sit at a keyboard without having to know what they are really going through. But if you think giving someone a hotel room and some hot chow is about all Carnival can do only means you and I will never see eye to eye.

BTW I did a google search on Carnival, made it though 5 pages and found two links saying Carnival did issue a statement.

But don't let that get in your way of things of thinking this is the best they can do for people.

What more should they be doing, exactly?

Yeah? I purchased BP in the mid 20's and have made a killing......what's your point?;)

Yes, buy low and sell high is the best way to go. I really wonder about anyones motives when approaching a discussion like this. While the stock price will take a hit in the short term, I have no fear CCL will survive this in the long run. Stock speculation is a risky endeavor. I'm no expert. Those looking for a fast profit will pay trading fees and capital gains taxes for holding the stock for less than a year is my understanding.

Concern over the stock value should have less to do with the direct impact of this accident and more with a public loss of confidence in the cruise industry. People who have, for decades, boarded these floating cities to travers the deepest oceans, look at the ship's construction and high-tech equipment along with career officers and think the days of the Titanic (and Andrea Dorea) are long past and they will be as safe in their room at sea as they would be in a land-based resort. Now, they see photos of one of the larger cruise liners lying partly submerged and read stories of the crew lying, at first, about the seriousness of the situation followed by panic with crew members fighting to be the first on lifeboats and the captain abandoning ship while passengers jumped into the cold waters. I'm sure there are thousands of families rethinking their vacation plans while cruise lines see an increase in cancellations. The cruise industry, as a whole, is possibly facing several years of tough sledding as a result of this incident.

Yes, buy low and sell high is the best way to go. I really wonder about anyones motives when approaching a discussion like this. While the stock price will take a hit in the short term, I have no fear CCL will survive this in the long run. Stock speculation is a risky endeavor. I'm no expert. Those looking for a fast profit will pay trading fees and capital gains taxes for holding the stock for less than a year is my understanding.

Those folks aren't so much investors and gamblers.....

Archived