Carnval stock down big time

two4me

Concern over the stock value should have less to do with the direct impact of this accident and more with a public loss of confidence in the cruise industry. People who have, for decades, boarded these floating cities to travers the deepest oceans, look at the ship's construction and high-tech equipment along with career officers and think the days of the Titanic (and Andrea Dorea) are long past and they will be as safe in their room at sea as they would be in a land-based resort. Now, they see photos of one of the larger cruise liners lying partly submerged and read stories of the crew lying, at first, about the seriousness of the situation followed by panic with crew members fighting to be the first on lifeboats and the captain abandoning ship while passengers jumped into the cold waters. I'm sure there are thousands of families rethinking their vacation plans while cruise lines see an increase in cancellations. The cruise industry, as a whole, is possibly facing several years of tough sledding as a result of this incident.

well said, and I agree.

That's a matter of perspective though isn't it. I'm sure the "Occupiers" think the WSJ is very jaded.

Let's try another tack. Since Friday's event Carnival and or Costa have:

• Released statements of sympathy/support.
  • Made sure that all survivors were adequately housed and fed and assisted with arranging transport home.
  • Cooperated fully with the investigators and searchers.
  • Threw their Captain under the bus.
  • Announced a very fair compensation plan for those on future cruises of the Concordia.
  • Released a statement to shareholders on their estimates of the affects on future earnings.

What else would you have them do?

Hear, hear!

Have either of you read the post from the person that was actually on board the ship? She and her family were dumped in hotel without food, clothing or money to buy essentials and to find their own way home. I would not call that taking care of the passengers but I guess you Carnival Cheerleaders see it differently. Tell you what, let's let each of you trade places with some of the passengers or families that went through this or lost their loved ones. Let's see how high you shake your pom-poms then. :rolleyes:

Have either of you read the post from the person that was actually on board the ship? She and her family were dumped in hotel without food, clothing or money to buy essentials and to find their own way home. I would not call that taking care of the passengers but I guess you Carnival Cheerleaders see it differently. Tell you what, let's let each of you trade places with some of the passengers or families that went through this or lost their loved ones. Let's see how high you shake your pom-poms then. :rolleyes:

Thanks, I've been hitting a brick wall here.

I am by no means a Carnival cheerleader, I thank you. I rarely post on the Carnival boards, but the false information being posted over here the past few days has spurned me to do so.

If Carnival Corporation releases a statement saying they are doing those things, I presume they are doing those things. If they aren't, then shame on Costa, who should be the ones taking care of everyone, not people across the globe in Miami who are not on the ground in Italy.

I am by no means a Carnival cheerleader, I thank you. I rarely post on the Carnival boards, but the false information being posted over here the past few days has spurned me to do so.

If Carnival Corporation releases a statement saying they are doing those things, I presume they are doing those things. If they aren't, then shame on Costa, who should be the ones taking care of everyone, not people across the globe in Miami who are not on the ground in Italy.

Goes to show that everyone was not born with common sense.:rolleyes:

I bought my CCL stock last summer. I'm planning to hold on to my shares. I did not purchase them to sell quickly but to hold them for the long haul, primarily to get the shareholder on board credit benefit.

Pardon my ignorance but how does one go about getting CCL stock? Does it have to be done through a broker or online site or can you buy it some way from Carnival?

And how does Carnival know you have 100+ shares to get you your proper OBC? If the prices dip in the low $20's this week I'll be tempted but would that entitle me to the OBC for my cruise in 5+ weeks?

I bought my CCL stock last summer. I'm planning to hold on to my shares. I did not purchase them to sell quickly but to hold them for the long haul, primarily to get the shareholder on board credit benefit.

And I feel very secure in thinking that you will weather this storm with no problem whatsoever. Nobody should base any business decision on the online speculation of people that have no dog in the race.

Pardon my ignorance but how does one go about getting CCL stock? Does it have to be done through a broker or online site or can you buy it some way from Carnival?

And how does Carnival know you have 100+ shares to get you your proper OBC? If the prices dip in the low $20's this week I'll be tempted but would that entitle me to the OBC for my cruise in 5+ weeks?

You can buy though a broker or an online venue like Sharebuilder or Scottrade. You have to provide a statement showing your shares to get the OBC.

Goes to show that everyone was not born with common sense.:rolleyes:

We could have had a discussion right here, you didn't have to run to the Costa board. I however will stop here and take the high road, we can agree to disagree but I won't go low and personally attack you.

One persons account out of 4000. Did she get lost in the shuffle, maybe.

I've seen lots of other reports from passengers and their only comments were about the actual incident and evacuation. I haven't seen any other complaints about the aftermath.

When I think Carnival is wrong I say it. When I think they are being unfairly attacked I say that too. If that makes me a Cheerleader then so be it. Better that then have to be bribed to become a Royal Champion.

Please point me towards your posts of outrage when Royal ran away from a Hurricane and left all their passengers stranded.

Better that then have to be bribed to become a Royal Champion..

Lets not start lies. I got the email for the 2nd group and it merely asked if we wanted to be part of a focus group. Nothing was offered .. people were jealous, they said why would they not only pick those who cruised a lot, and those people complained and then it spread. I only had about 5 or 6 cruises, they had all ages on invited for the focus group, with all sorts of experience. NOTHING was offered, nothing was given.

It was about jealousy .. nothing to do with bribes. If you dont know facts, then you should not guess. I KNOW what the emails said because I was asked.

If lying doesnt make you a cheerleader for Carnival .. can't prove it by me. Cheerleaders are those who cant separate fact from fiction like your post.

There were a lot of people like you who refused to listen to the truth, would rather spread bad rumors. I didnt know you were that low.

Archived