Why Do So Many Hate Carnival

tiffy0428

I go threw post and read reviews and threads to find so many dissatisfied customers. However in their signature they have cruised like 10+ carnival cruises, with some coming up. I have been on 2 cruises, Miracle and Sensation. I can say to me it was a perfect as it can get.

I had a few hot meals a day, good drinks, met cool ppl and got to see multiple islands for one low price. So my question is what do ppl want from carnival? I think some cruise like 3 times or more a year with carnival and it becomes redundant and that's where the complaining comes in. If you were on the same boat twice in one year and twice in the next well of course you're going to see the same things .

I just say if it that bad try another cruise line or maybe start going with a group of ppl. Take the cruise for what it worth. Plan fun things at port. All vacations land or sea are unpredictable go with a plan a or be and just try to enjoy. When carnival stops giving me an abundance of food, swimming pools, comfortable beds with clean rooms, and beautiful clean ships then I'd be worried.

What you're referring to I would call the vocal minority. A handful of posters who would find fault with a sunrise if there was a thread containg a photo of one. If you spend any time on CC, you will come to know which posters are the glass-half-empty contributors. I feel for the poor folks who have to cruise with them. Take comfort in the fact that you don't and just ignore them like the rest of us.

I go threw post and read reviews and threads to find so many dissatisfied customers. However in their signature they have cruised like 10+ carnival cruises, with some coming up. I have been on 2 cruises, Miracle and Sensation. I can say to me it was a perfect as it can get.

I had a few hot meals a day, good drinks, met cool ppl and got to see multiple islands for one low price. So my question is what do ppl want from carnival? I think some cruise like 3 times or more a year with carnival and it becomes redundant and that's where the complaining comes in. If you were on the same boat twice in one year and twice in the next well of course you're going to see the same things .

I just say if it that bad try another cruise line or maybe start going with a group of ppl. Take the cruise for what it worth. Plan fun things at port. All vacations land or sea are unpredictable go with a plan a or be and just try to enjoy. When carnival stops giving me an abundance of food, swimming pools, comfortable beds with clean rooms, and beautiful clean ships then I'd be worried.

because there is carnival pre - 2007, and carnival post 2007.

Good morning tiffany. :) "I think some cruise like 3 times or more a year with carnival and it becomes redundant and that's where the complaining comes in." You noticed that did you? Something about 'familiarity breeds contempt' maybe? Eventually people outgrow something and need to change. For whatever reason, some will hang on too long. Budget is a big consideration and they hope to get the most 'bang for the buck'. Don't we all. Others, from a post I read last night, have yet to step on a Carnival ship...still planning. It's not hate though. Change is nearly always difficult but a quote I particularly like is, "Keep doing what you're doing and you'll keep getting what you're getting." So far I'm pleased what I'm getting so no need to change for now. Enjoy your cruise on the Conquest.

I do not understand the negative feedback Carnival receives either. :rolleyes: As it has been mentioned before it's the minority speaking. Obviously they wouldn't be grossing as high as they do, turning out new ships, updating their ships with millions of dollars worth of new material and lets not forget about their advertising/marketing team. All that stuff takes big money so...it's gotta be coming from somewhere!

Our family is proud to be part of the Carnival family. :D

Do you think that them adding 2.0 is them trying to add a little spice in their line?
Too little, too late, and really a misguided effort.

They need to focus on reversing their recent tendencies of dumbing down the line. Bring back a true FORMAL Night, and enforce it. Enforce the prohibition on chair-saving. Enforce the adults-only nature of Serenity.

*THEN* let's talk about 2.0.

We've been very happy with Carnival. I think their crews, as a whole, makes them a fun,relaxing experience. But, (and there always is a but) I would like them, as others stated, bring back some formality to the MDR. I'm not talking about wearing a tux but making people wear appropriate clothing. The MD's on the ships really have to start enforcing their own rules. There are too many other venues available for those who don't want to get with the program.

I agree. If you can't be happy with all that and being away from work and responsibilities then you are just an unhappy person period!

I enjoy Carnival but have never cruised on any other liner....for me, CCL works due to their ports being closest to my home and the overall price. Right now, I have no desire to try another cruise line. And......some people like to piss and moan about anything and everything :D

I'm not sure its a hate thing to be honest. For us its a recognition of how Carnival looked back when we first started cruising to how it looks today. Our very first cruise was 2001 on Carnival. We then followed it up with 4 RCI cruises and a Princess cruise before returning to Carnival in 2010. We were very surprised at the drop in quality of the food. It was very noticeable. We then were able to compare entertainment to RCI and there really was no comparison.

Having said that, we did give Carnival 3 kicks at the can between 2010 and 2011. Our experiences were all the same. Lower quality food then we'd like to see and entertainment that needed a re-work. Mind you, we had a good time. We enjoyed our cruises on Carnival but, it could be better.

Where the hate comes in is when a poster posts a review that is contrary to the cheerleader mentality that exists on this board. Woe to the poster who dare go against Carnival lest ye be stricken with all sort of insult. While its true the cheerleaders exist on every board on cc, its not as bad as it is here. I think if people took the reviews for what they are, someone's opinion, and was willing to agree or respectfully disagree then the hate thing would go away.

Lots of times the complaints onine are actually put there by Carnival's compotion. And most of the time I read them a laugh. Have many friends who travel other cruise lines. We travel Carnival everyother year. Your friends come home with a list of complaints, the only complaint we ever have is it wasn't long enough.

I have complaints about all the lines and ships I've been on. But I still had a great vacation on all of them.

Complaint with Carnival?

Their ships are mighty ugly compared to other lines. Harder to get around too in many cases.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what you read here as far as the general consensus of Carnival as a cruise line. The vocal minority will always have there way on the Internet be it on Cruise Critic, Facebook, Twitter or the thousands of other Internet forums. Carnival is a fine cruise line and judging by the number of ships they own and passengers that cruise with them, Carnival is a cruise line that is doing just fine.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO tiffy0428: Carnival is a great company. It was started by the current owner's father.He liked cruising and wanted to make it available to more people and to families. He expanded cruising to make it affordable for most people. Before Mr. Arison cruises were expensive and few people could cruise. Before current cruising the way to get from the U.S. to other parts of the world was by ship. Accommodations weren't as nice as it is today.

The Carnival line is one of the better cruise lines. You get good food, good hotel accommodations, get entertained, and get to go someplace for an affordable price. What more could you want? I don't know. Nothing is 100% perfect however. This year we are going on one Carnival cruise and another on a Carnival Corp. flagged ship. How is that for an endorsement?

if i included the word "profit", would the green light have gone on? :rolleyes:

Right you are! Carnival is the only cruise line that is in business to make a profit! Wow! I never thought about that.:eek: The good news for you is that the cruise lines you choose to sail do not care if they are a profitable company or not?:D

Archived