RCCL Visa OBC ... How do you know you've got it?

I may not show up until day 2 on your seapass account. Make sure you bring proof of it with you should it not show up after a couple of days. I wouldn't waste time checking on it prior to 2 days into the sailing. I have done this several times and each time it does not show up for a couple of days. The same is true for the credit you get for next cruise booking. Not to say that it may not be there the first day, but don't worry about it until a couple of days have passed.

. The same is true for the credit you get for next cruise booking. .

Im not sure how the credit card OBC works but my OBC from my NextCruise certificate shows up on my final billing invoice that RCI emailed to me. Supposedly the OBC will show up my on board account on the second day of the cruise.

I will have a copy of the invoice with me just in case though

I've done Visa OBC a bunch of times. Unless it's changed, it works like this:

1) You contact BOA to tell them you want to cash in points.

2) You then either wait for the certificate and mail the certificate to Crown & Anchor in Kansas ..... I believe. Or, when you contact BOA first, they give you the Certificate ## ..... you can then call C&A and they will apply the credit without having the actual certificate.

3) After C&A applies the OBC credit you can call RCI and confirm that the credit has been posted to your reservation.

4) Once on board, it used to take a day or two for the credit to be posted to your on-ship, SeaPass Account. Just check your account from the on t.v. system in your cabin.

Hope this helps ...... from your original question, I'm concerned that you got the voucher from BOA, but perhaps didn't forward it to C&A. If so, don't worry ...... you should be able to get it taken care of in the next couple of days.

Have a Great Cruise!!! :)

I've done Visa OBC a bunch of times. Unless it's changed, it works like this:

1) You contact BOA to tell them you want to cash in points.

2) You then either wait for the certificate and mail the certificate to Crown & Anchor in Kansas ..... I believe. Or, when you contact BOA first, they give you the Certificate ## ..... you can then call C&A and they will apply the credit without having the actual certificate.

3) After C&A applies the OBC credit you can call RCI and confirm that the credit has been posted to your reservation.

4) Once on board, it used to take a day or two for the credit to be posted to your on-ship, SeaPass Account. Just check your account from the on t.v. system in your cabin.

Hope this helps ...... from your original question, I'm concerned that you got the voucher from BOA, but perhaps didn't forward it to C&A. If so, don't worry ...... you should be able to get it taken care of in the next couple of days.

Have a Great Cruise!!! :)

Certificates are no longer issued. It's all done online now.

I've cashed in 25,000 points for a $250 OBC for our Oasis cruise on Saturday. I did this on Dec. 26 and immediately got a receipt but how do I know it will be on my account when I board? Anyone with experience with this? Thanks much!

Before the cruise, the OBC will only show up on the Guest Copy of your booking invoice. Call whoever you booked with (Royal or travel agent) and ask them for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking invoice. The OBC should be listed there.

I've cashed in 25,000 points for a $250 OBC for our Oasis cruise on Saturday. I did this on Dec. 26 and immediately got a receipt but how do I know it will be on my account when I board? Anyone with experience with this? Thanks much!

On our receipt that was emailed to us from RCL it stated a code : OBC $250... something like this. I also called to confirm since it was my first time redeeming points. It was a really easy procedure!

It is important to confirm that your OBC has been applied before you sail. If you used a TA it will not show on your resrevation and you must have him/her confirm it for you.

RCCL totally missed applying my $450 OBC for my Dec sailing. I had my TA check about 2 weeks before sailing and he found it had not been applied. RCCL would not talk to him about it so I had to make several calls to RCCL to get it straightened out. On each of the first 2 calls, the representative said that an error had been made and it would be corrected, but my TA checked and the OBC had not been posted to my account. Finally on the 3rd call, the rep spoke to another department and had it posted real time. She also said that it is much more difficult to get missing OBC straightened out once you are aboard the ship.

Even then, the OBC was not posted to my on board account until at least day 3.

I turned in my points for obc on December 2nd. I called last week and they only had the points my boyfriend cashed in not mine. Luckily I had a very nice girl who went into my account and found them and made sure she put them on my reservation. They were finally posted to my account this week. My cruise leaves on the 28th, a little to close for my liking.

I would definitely call before you leave to make sure they are posted. Who wants to deal with the problem once your on the boat.

On your Confirmation Invoice from RCI (which they can email you) you should see either this code under Booking Charges C30C - $250 - OBC or this code C30C - $125 - OBC - P-P

Either code will indicate that the redeemed points have been applied to your booking. Your OBC will appear on your SeaPass Account by Day 2 of your cruise.

Archived