Wine glasses in the room?

ginny123

The regular room set up includes two wine glasses, a small ice bucket with lid, a water carafe and two water glasses. Or it should. Sometimes it does not have all these components on the first day....if they don't appear then request them. I just leave a note on the bed when I leave in the morning for the room attendant.

The regular room set up includes two wine glasses, a small ice bucket with lid, a water carafe and two water glasses. Or it should. Sometimes it does not have all these components on the first day....if they don't appear then request them. I just leave a note on the bed when I leave in the morning for the room attendant.

There was no water carafe on Equinox. It seems they have removed them. There is a tiny ice bucket which is filled now and again. This is a major inconvenience for us.

There was no water carafe on Equinox. It seems they have removed them. There is a tiny ice bucket which is filled now and again. This is a major inconvenience for us.

To my knowledge the S class ships have never had water carafes. We check a case of water at embarkation because of this. As for the ice, the room steward will refill your ice bucket upon request. Their usual times to refill it is in the morning when they clean the room, then again when they turn down the room at night. For us, we want fresh ice at cocktail hour, so we make our request clear at the beginning of the cruise, and always have fresh ice at 5:00 pm.

I just returned from the Equinox 1/2/12 sailing. There was no small metal water carafe as I've had before on S-Class ships. Not knowing that (according to a previous poster) they were no longer provided, I asked my attendant for one and had one that afternoon. Never hurts to ask!

I just returned from the Equinox 1/2/12 sailing. There was no small metal water carafe as I've had before on S-Class ships. Not knowing that (according to a previous poster) they were no longer provided, I asked my attendant for one and had one that afternoon. Never hurts to ask!

I have asked and always had one delivered and kept full

Is there a corkscrew or should I bring one from home?

Is there a corkscrew or should I bring one from home?

Your cabin attendant will bring one for you. It is an inexpensive plastic one that requires a significant amount of strength to use. We are old folks and we find that bringing a corkscrew with "wings" from home makes life easier.

YMMV

Your cabin attendant will bring one for you. It is an inexpensive plastic one that requires a significant amount of strength to use. We are old folks and we find that bringing a corkscrew with "wings" from home makes life easier.

YMMV

Thanks so much for your reply. I am popping that corkscrew in the bag right now! :):)

Archived