3 day Inspiration Jan.13-16

dadof2boys

Well, first off this is my first review so bear with me. It will be pretty short as this was a short 3-day cruise to the beautiful Ensenada (he say’s while rolling his eyes). Background: This trip was me (31) and my wife (31) getting away for some mom and dad time, away from our 2 and 4 year olds. We have done this trip before in 2010 during the summer so we did know what we were in for.

Embarkation:

Great! We were on the ship in about 30 minutes. Our friends, another couple in the same life stage, boarded about half an hour after us. It took them about 30 minutes as well. Rooms were ready almost immediately. Luggage, however took a few hours to be delivered.

Side note, we put Coors light cans in a 12 pack box of diet coke, hot gluing it closed. No one even questioned us. Saved about $75.

That first day we went to the lido bar ordered a bucket of beer, walked around the ship, and checked out the waterworks area (new for the west coast). Went to dinner and the waiter was terrible! He had two four tops and a ten top. Never saw the guy. We ordered salads that we never received. All that to say we switched to anytime dining to avoiding having him the remaining two nights.

Later that evening went to the Serenity deck and used the hot tubs.

IMG_1045.jpg.f47226a922464ef073ff6a5d35eb72aa.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg.ef189e367015aa3244a34ce04812dc1a.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg.6945b452346c57f3842c0572c425326b.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg.f0f46ee007aef4cd76cea98532091552.jpg

Looking forward to the rest of your review! I just booked this itinerary (like a few minutes ago!) for myself and five other girlfriends and I'm so excited!

How was the food in the dining room? Buffet? Does this ship have a specialty restaurant?

Day 2 Ensenada:

We didn’t have much planned, as outside of drinking there is not a lot to do here. We ended up having a great time. We had originally wanted to eat at Hussong’s for lunch, as the other couple with us had just eaten there in Las Vegas. However, in Ensenada it is strictly a bar.

So we ended up at this random bar near Papas and Beer, which offered 10 beers and 4 shots for $15. It was great and we had a lot of fun talking to the locals. We then went to eat a restaurant recommend to us by the bartender a few blocks down. Great food and prices!

We boarded the ship a few hours later for a nap. Later this night we went to the comedy club and a woman took down her top for the audience multiple times. Now, I am not one to detour a woman from displaying her chest, but it became ridiculous, as the comedian was never able to recover and get to his act. So other than the flashing, we got no show.

IMG_1056.jpg.dcf3ccb319264e569ad2cc251d7d9a0e.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg.2c1e65fcea65b461dd4e43103d856f84.jpg

Day 3: Sea Day

Was pretty lazy today, had all our breakfasts in the main dining room as well as dinners. I just want to take a moment to talk about the new menus. They suck! We are going in March on a longer cruise on the Spirit. If it does not improve I am over Carnival. Dinner is probably what I look forward to most as my wife and I don’t typically get to sit and enjoy our meal with the two little ones. Yet, on this trip it was nothing to look forward to. They even changed the recipe to my beloved Mac and cheese! I asked the waiter about it and he said they took out about half of the ingredients they used to use out. It was watery and gross.

Now I understand that Carnival offers an extremely low price for what they provide, however, I am just getting to the point where I think it may be worth the extra money to try another line as all 7 of my cruises have been on Carnival. I think it just bums me out because it used to be such a great product. Staff would refer to you by name, that hasn’t happened in years.

Sorry to go so off topic. Anyhow, played some Jenga, trivia, and watched the love and marriage show (so freaken funny)

Visited Serenity deck again, had another mediocre dinner. I ordered the meatloaf, sent it back, got the veal, gave up.

Debarkation:

Excellent, packed the morning of, went to breakfast in the main dining room, went back to the room to pick up luggage and walked off.

Overall, it was a great deal for $550 bucks for the two of us. If we were going with a large group to party and drink it up this would have been a lot more fun. We were just looking to relax and should have just gone to a nice hotel with a Groupon deal or something.

Oh, and we watched the Costa disaster unfold while on the ship in our stateroom on CNN. That was fun.

IMG_1053.jpg.f6d7474767199528fb200f2a73d400f5.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg.3314876ca77a31a0633359f87acc56a7.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg.da5050f31c727c2f4dcbf06921a74c48.jpg

Going on the 4 day to Ensenada. Always interested in places to eat. Do you have the name of the restaurant the bartender recommended? If you don't remember the name, do you remember the street it is on or any of the stores near it.

We're looking forward to sailing on the Inspiration and hope we like it as much as the Paradise.

Looking forward to the rest of your review! I just booked this itinerary (like a few minutes ago!) for myself and five other girlfriends and I'm so excited!

How was the food in the dining room? Buffet? Does this ship have a specialty restaurant?

Food overall was a disappointment. The pizza though was good. There is no specialty restaurant on this class of ship. I think that you guys will have an awesome time as a group of five girls.

Going on the 4 day to Ensenada. Always interested in places to eat. Do you have the name of the restaurant the bartender recommended? If you don't remember the name, do you remember the street it is on or any of the stores near it.

We're looking forward to sailing on the Inspiration and hope we like it as much as the Paradise.

Yes the restaurant's name is El Corralito. I got a three combo plate for $6 and a beer for $1. We ate outside on the patio.

Thanks for reviewing! We are doing this trip tomorrow.

Embarkation:

Great! We were on the ship in about 30 minutes. Our friends, another couple in the same life stage, boarded about half an hour after us. It took them about 30 minutes as well. Rooms were ready almost immediately. Luggage, however took a few hours to be delivered.

Side note, we put Coors light cans in a 12 pack box of diet coke, hot gluing it closed. No one even questioned us. Saved about $75.

That first day we went to the lido bar ordered a bucket of beer, walked around the ship, and checked out the waterworks area (new for the west coast). Went to dinner and the waiter was terrible! He had two four tops and a ten top. Never saw the guy. We ordered salads that we never received. All that to say we switched to anytime dining to avoiding having him the remaining two nights.

Later that evening went to the Serenity deck and used the hot tubs.

What time did you check in and what time did you actually board?

You know.. it's annoying and frustrating reading such idiotic statements. Your decisions end up affecting people like me who doesn't smuggle alcohol on board. I can imagine my twelve pack of ginger ale that I was going to bring on board needing to be opened in security because people like you try announce to the world where their security is lax. Thank you very much, I'm glad you saved seventy five dollars.

You know.. it's annoying and frustrating reading such idiotic statements. Your decisions end up affecting people like me who doesn't smuggle alcohol on board. I can imagine my twelve pack of ginger ale that I was going to bring on board needing to be opened in security because people like you try announce to the world where their security is lax. Thank you very much, I'm glad you saved seventy five dollars.

Geesh..little harsh!!

Geesh..little harsh!!

Well, probably you're right. I literally read that and realized that I have an even higher chance of fumbling with an opened twelve pack of ginger ale because someone blasts that they hide beer inside a pack and glue it closed. I'm sailing on the same ship from the same port next month :/

Well, probably you're right. I literally read that and realized that I have an even higher chance of fumbling with an opened twelve pack of ginger ale because someone blasts that they hide beer inside a pack and glue it closed. I'm sailing on the same ship from the same port next month :/

If they want to open the cardboard box to check, what I'd do is open it myself so it's not ripped in half like I've seen them do and then have a roll of duct tape in my carry on and tape it back up~ but hopefully that won't happen~

Also interested in what time you checked in? I'm doing this cruise next weekend and would like to just walk on and can't remember what time we boarded in 2010 when we did it. Thanks~

If they want to open the cardboard box to check, what I'd do is open it myself so it's not ripped in half like I've seen them do and then have a roll of duct tape in my carry on and tape it back up~ but hopefully that won't happen~

Thanks.. I will cruise that advice when I am on a longer cruise. For five days, I'll be content with other stuff. :)

We arrived at port around 12:30 and were on by 1:00. That includes dropping bags with porter, realizing we left passports in dropped luggage, going back to porter to get them, then getting back in line.

As to the beer comments by the very frustrated ginger ale owner. Honestly, I got the idea from these boards in which there are entire threads dedicated to. I basically just wanted to try it out. I have never been asked to open my soda before or since. Sorry to incomvience you so. I did my fare share of buckets of beer as well. You act as if I just staed something that has never been mentioned or isn't all over these boards already. But hey, I will single handedly take the blame for all of the times anyone has to open a soda cases. I apologize.

geez...Bohemian, lighten up...do you honestly think the security team on any cruise ships are not already fully aware of every trick in the book as far as smuggling alcohol onboard goes?...it is ludicrous to think they monitor message boards like these to find out "new and innovative" methods for doing such....

Thanks for the review. We're taking my brother on his first cruise in a couple of weeks.

Have to admit that the food has me a bit concerned. Haven't sailed CCL since last year on the Paradise, and we thought the food was pretty good.

I do agree, CCL has the best pizza. :)

Pat

Hi will be doing this cruise in April

Is there a cruise elegant night? And if so, when?

Saturday night, after Ensenada, on the three day.

Tuesday night, after Catalina, on the four day.

Archived