Vacation Vault versus Kyss Bag

KimmieTN

Has anyone used either of these products recently and, if so, how did you like it? I'm trying to decide between the two. The bag is very large and functions as a beach bag, but I wonder how easy this bag would be to cut into, although many people probably don't walk the beach with a pocket knife. The vault is less than half the price, but is much smaller. Any help from users of either of these products would really be appreciated.

You would be amazed at what a determined thief will carry.

Haven't seen these products but by looking a them.........

The bag is good to carry everything. but as you said, easily slashed. The vault can be used as a purse and hidden behind your 'normal' bag under the chair.

Another product to look at is the Pacsafe Travelsafe 100.

DD uses the larger Travelsafe model. She also has a Pacsafe tote and backpack.

Thanks for the help. I will look into the products you mentioned. I'm two and a half months out and have time to shop and compare. We have five girls cruising and I need something large enough to hold all our stuff. Thanks again.

We got a KYSS bag for Christmas. Yes, it can be slashed. But the point is to make it more challenging than the property of the careless others around us.

The construction is very good, it is roomy, the lock and chain are adequate to lock it to a chair or boat rail, and it's bright red with our name embroidered on it to make it easy to see and claim.

We needed a beach bag anyways, this just gives the extra option of securing it so it can't be snatched easily.

Feel free to ask any questions about it.

I bought the Kyss bag last year and used it on my last 2 cruises.

It is great. Nice and big an holds all or stuff(towels, camera, etc)

I lock it to our loungers on the beach and also on the deck.

I am sure if somebody really wanted it they could get it however it is locked and makes it more difficult. I feel better when I leave my lounger as i know things are locked.

Also Kyss is a great company to deal with very good customer service!!

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I know this is an older thread, however, I just heard about the kyss bag. When I did a search for what people thought of this bag I found this thread.

I have the vacation vault and I find it very useful, but not good for packing. I was going to look into the Kyss bag, but now with the comments of slashing, I am not sure what to do.

I wanted to point out to anyone looking for information on this bag. I went to their website and it had this listed in a feature of the bag:

"Materials

Slash-Resistant 2-Layer Construction

Tough, Durable & Stain-Resistant Poly-Canvas Outer Shell

Rip-stop Nylon Inner Liner"

Now I realize it is just slash resistant but that should be helpful!

The website for the kyss bag is http://www.kyssbags.com/ if you want more info. I have not bought this bag but I am seriously thinking about it.

Just received my KYSS bag this week and I love it! I bought the large and it's packed as my flight carry-on for our trip next week. Its actually fits quite a bit.

It's perfect for what we need. We just wanted something that wouldn't be easily grabbed or gotten into while we are swimming at the beaches. Yes, I'm sure it could be slashed...but that's not really my concern at a crowded beach.

Just received my KYSS bag this week and I love it! I bought the large and it's packed as my flight carry-on for our trip next week. Its actually fits quite a bit.

It's perfect for what we need. We just wanted something that wouldn't be easily grabbed or gotten into while we are swimming at the beaches. Yes, I'm sure it could be slashed...but that's not really my concern at a crowded beach.

Same here - got my KYSS bag for a land vacation to Mexico in February - used it as my carryon and it functioned great as a beach/pool bag! Very versatile in my opinion.....;)

Edited by Froufie

• 1 year later...

If a thief wants to get into your bag they will - the point is to make yours a bit more 'discouraging' to open....and the KYSS bag does this. Why would a thief stand there trying to cut open your bag chained to a beach chair in full view of everyone else on the beach? or attempt to cut the chain off?

It's much easier to just walk by a lounger where someone else has just left their bag sitting there and grab it and keep walking..... Often times it's just 'opportunity' that causes such things to happen.....

Nothing is perfect - but this is a good idea!

Edited by Froufie

We love our kyss bag. We chain it to our chair, like at Half Moon Cay, and can jump in the water knowing our belongings are somewhat safe. Yes, someone can cut the bag open but it'll take some time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks to everyone who recommended the Kyss bag! Mine came today and I love it. I got the large one in Midnight Blue and decided to do the monogram. It's not feminine at all so if my husband ends up having to carry it, he won't feel like he checked his mancard.

Eden and Fred were a delight to do business with and I will definitely purchase from them again.

Now, just to wait the 65 more days to get to use it!

Thanks to everyone who recommended the Kyss bag! Mine came today and I love it. I got the large one in Midnight Blue and decided to do the monogram. It's not feminine at all so if my husband ends up having to carry it, he won't feel like he checked his mancard.

Eden and Fred were a delight to do business with and I will definitely purchase from them again.

Now, just to wait the 65 more days to get to use it!

Same here - red monogram - for same reason, and once loaded for the day, he does carry it with only a little whining.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If a thief has picked YOU personally, he is going to get your stuff. However, in a place where no one knows you personally, this is unlikely to happen -- unless maybe you've been flashing cash or a fancy camera.

What's more likely to happen is a crime of opportunity: The thief is walking by, sees your stuff unattended ... and swoops in.

Your best bet is to leave your stuff on the ship. Bring a disposable camera and just enough cash for your needs. Do bring a cheap watch so you'll make it back to the ship on time. People can't steal what's left in your safe.

Your second best bet is to secure your items in such a way that a thief will walk right on by your stuff and choose the next guy. You might not have anything except a beach lounger to which you can attach the bag ... but no thief is going to tote a beach lounger away. A moderately safe item such as the Kyss bag or the other safe will be fine for this. You can further protect your items within the bag by disguising your stuff (i.e., cut an old sunscreen bottle so you can hide cash in it, or hide your cash in an altoids tin).