Silhoutte Specialty Dining Question from Bayonne?

esquire20

Hello, my name is Leslie, I am a long time cruiser and have been on both the M class and S class ship, most recently I was on the Solstice when it was first launched and am familiar with all the restaurants except Quisine and the Lawn club. I too am disturbed by the contimuing increase in price of the specialty retaurants and am willing to wait them out so to speak. I am currently booked on the 3-17-12 sailing, not holiday sailing, the question is how frequently besides the first night do they reduce the restaurants? I have heard 20%,25% and even 2-1, I also have been reading about the restaurant packages that are 3 for $99. I have figured out that the package really only amounts to a 10% discount, I know it is all about supply and demand but I need to know from people who have been on the ship to see if discounts are readily available on other nights other than the first night. thanks for your in put. Leslie

We just got off the Silhouette. Other than the first night which was 2 for 1, discounts were not advertised. However, on several nights we went to the various specialty restaurants and asked if there was a discount that evening. Sometimes we were told no, other times we got a 20% discount (Qsinine) or a 25% discount (Murano). We could never get a 2 for 1 discount. We only ate there if we got the discount as we could not see spending $40 pp. It all depended on supply and demand for the particular evening.

The restaurants were quite full in our experience, with a few nights having more availability. If you really want to eat there, I wouldn't count on discounts.

The two nights we tried to modify our premade reservations, we had to change the time of our booking as they didn't have space for us to add our friends at the time we chose- it was that full.

We just got off the Silhouette. Other than the first night which was 2 for 1, discounts were not advertised. However, on several nights we went to the various specialty restaurants and asked if there was a discount that evening. Sometimes we were told no, other times we got a 20% discount (Qsinine) or a 25% discount (Murano). We could never get a 2 for 1 discount. We only ate there if we got the discount as we could not see spending $40 pp. It all depended on supply and demand for the particular evening.

Thanks for your repy.

Hello, my name is Leslie, I am a long time cruiser and have been on both the M class and S class ship, most recently I was on the Solstice when it was first launched and am familiar with all the restaurants except Quisine and the Lawn club. I too am disturbed by the contimuing increase in price of the specialty retaurants and am willing to wait them out so to speak. I am currently booked on the 3-17-12 sailing, not holiday sailing, the question is how frequently besides the first night do they reduce the restaurants? I have heard 20%,25% and even 2-1, I also have been reading about the restaurant packages that are 3 for $99. I have figured out that the package really only amounts to a 10% discount, I know it is all about supply and demand but I need to know from people who have been on the ship to see if discounts are readily available on other nights other than the first night. thanks for your in put. Leslie

Hi,

We just got off the Silhouette. The waiters for the specialty restaurants worked in Tucson Grill (8-10am - Elite lounge in the morning). Throughout the cruise we saw Nicoli and Ritchie(waiters) walking around the pool and ship talking to people about 2 for 1 and 20% off deals. The 3 for 99 deal is a safe bet and well worth it. Don't hesitate to walk in specialty restaurants during the day and ask if they have any deals. Someone will be somewhere in there. On the 10+ cruises you will get deals. On 7 night cruises you better take the package as they do sell out early. If we didn't know the 2 waiters I don't think we would have realized what they were doing. Bill

On our Dec 12 sailing aboard the Silhouette, these were the Specialty Dining specials available ...

• Dec 12 - Advertisement re: saving up to 30% off Wine & Dine package
  • Dec 13 - unknown
  • Dec 14 - 20% off Murano
  • Dec 15 - 20% off Qsine or Tuscan
  • Dec 16 - no specials
  • Dec 17 - 20% off Specialty Dining
  • Dec 18 - 20% off Specialty Dining
  • Dec 19 - 20% off Murano
  • Dec 20 - 20% off Lawn Club & Qsine
  • Dec 21 - 20% off Specialty Dining
  • Dec 22 - no specials
  • Dec 23 - unknown

These specials were advertised in the Featured Today inserts in your Celebrity Today dailies. I think they take a look at the bookings during the week and then "plan" those specials on the days where those venues are not particularly busy ... hope this helps

We just came off the cruise. We ate in Tuscan and were surprised that it was $30 per person, not $40. The food and service were first rate and well worth the cost.

We were on the 11/18/2011 Silhouette sailing and the specialty restaurants were very empty most nights. I make reservations for Murano, Lawn Club Grille and Murano before sailing. Then, when onboard, discover others getting big discounts! I won't do that again. Thanks Celebrity for again not taking care of an elite captains club member.

Although, can't say I blame them for trying to drum up the business:rolleyes:

We bought the 5 night wine and dine with 5 bottles of wine or 1bottle for each meal. The price was $399 for 2 people. We thought it was a good deal as many of the wines offered on the package sold in the $42-45 range. Do the math and if you drink decent wines, this is the way to go. The package included 1 night at Murano, 1 night at Qzine, 1 night at Lawn Club grill and 2 nights at Tuscan. We liked all of them very much with Qzine being our least favorite and the other 3 pretty much equal, although they are very much different.

On our Dec 12 sailing aboard the Silhouette, these were the Specialty Dining specials available ...
  • Dec 12 - Advertisement re: saving up to 30% off Wine & Dine package
  • Dec 13 - unknown
  • Dec 14 - 20% off Murano
  • Dec 15 - 20% off Qsine or Tuscan
  • Dec 16 - no specials
  • Dec 17 - 20% off Specialty Dining
  • Dec 18 - 20% off Specialty Dining
  • Dec 19 - 20% off Murano
  • Dec 20 - 20% off Lawn Club & Qsine
  • Dec 21 - 20% off Specialty Dining
  • Dec 22 - no specials
  • Dec 23 - unknown

These specials were advertised in the Featured Today inserts in your Celebrity Today dailies. I think they take a look at the bookings during the week and then "plan" those specials on the days where those venues are not particularly busy ... hope this helps

Thanks for the info & details...

Were any of the 20% off nights formal nights, if you recall?

and does anyone know if we reserve ahead--will they credit us with the 20% discount if we end up on a night when a discount is offered... ?

Other ques.:

we are deciding whether to book ahead for the Lawn Club Grill or play it by ear once we are on board....

what time do they start dinner service at Lawn Club Grill?.

we are also not sure what night is best to leave BLU...(weakest menu)

thinking of St Thomas night...

icon1.gif

First, I would like to invite you to the roll call for your March 17th cruise. We are a chatty group and welcome everyone! Just click here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1181698

I understand that there are deals to be had at the last minute, based on inventory. There are a couple of places you can stop to make reservations, one is right outside the buffet. It was manned by specialty restaurant personnel every time we passed by.

We did eat at Qsine, but did not reserve anywhere else. We like the food in the MDR and the great service we had. We only had one MDR menu that was a clunker, IMHO, other nights the only problem was trying to order only what we could eat.

Hope to see you on the roll call thread.

Carole

Thanks for the info & details...

Were any of the 20% off nights formal nights, if you recall? Formal nights on our cruise were Dec 13th and 22nd (both days at sea) and Dec 18th (St. Thomas)

and does anyone know if we reserve ahead--will they credit us with the 20% discount if we end up on a night when a discount is offered... ?I'm not sure but it is unlikely - but you can ask when you go onboard

Other ques.:

we are deciding whether to book ahead for the Lawn Club Grill or play it by ear once we are on board.... In re: to the Lawn Club Grill, I think it is ok to play it by ear. I never saw that many people there and during our cruise, it was one of the quietest areas there as most other people were in the main pool areas etc.

what time do they start dinner service at Lawn Club Grill?. Hours for the Lawn Club Grill / Outdoor Grill was 5 pm - 10 pm

we are also not sure what night is best to leave BLU...(weakest menu)

thinking of St Thomas night...Not sure ... there was one occassion where there was nothing that interested me on Blu and instead I ordered an entree from the MDR

Hope this helps :)

We got a discount at the Lawn Club Grill (20% off) on the Silhouette in November. After our first meal there (which we enjoyed immensely), the host there noticed how much we loved our dinner so he gave us a coupon for the next visit. We ended up cancelling Tuscan Grill in favor of a second round of LCG.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks--

your detailed reply was very helpful! We did make a res. for haiti night but will check out the restaurant when we board & ask a few first night diners if it'll be worth an $80 upcharge..seems steep to me but thought it'd be something diff but not too formal or dressy!

We got a discount at the Lawn Club Grill (20% off) on the Silhouette in November. After our first meal there (which we enjoyed immensely), the host there noticed how much we loved our dinner so he gave us a coupon for the next visit. We ended up cancelling Tuscan Grill in favor of a second round of LCG.

Good to know!

Archived