Two Vista class ships at HMC is one too many

sailandcruise

Honestly I don't think a cabana would make a significant difference but to each their own. If it's right for you, go for it.

The beach at HMC is so long that I've NEVER had a problem finding a nice quiet spot to set up my chair and relax. Of course sometimes I've had to walk further than others...like the time when both Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam were there (Jan 2011?)

We were just there on the NA Jan 14 with the Noordam. Maybe it was because it was our first experience with HMC, but it did not feel too crowded.

We accidentally went to the Island BBQ half an hour before it was scheduled to open and found no lines and plenty of food. When we went back up for dessert closer to 11:30 it was packed.

We returned to HMC on the 16th and were the solo ship in port. After seeing the lines at 11:30 two days before, we chose to go to the BBQ early and again found no lines and plenty of food. I will share this tip with all the CC friends, but let's hope the other passengers never discover this!

(SNIP)

A gal from our Condo & her family, I think was on the same cruise with you...Saw her briefly the other day & she said she loved the Zuiderdam & also raved about the food & service..When I see her again I'll ask her if she went to HMC..

Cheers...

Betty

Saw this Gal today, who by the way has taken several HAL cruises..She said that HMC did not seem overcrowded to her with the two ships in port..But, she also said that many of the ZUI Psgrs stayed aboard & never went into HMC..

Cheers..

betty

3,832 vs 4,022 is going to make that big a difference? :confused:

well..............we arrived on the Prinsendam (838 +/-) in November and then the Westerdam pulled in. Once their passengers started to arrive it seemed like a good time for dh and I to leave. :)

Add FEB 4 Noordam and Westerdam to the list. The Westerdam doesn't show up on HAL's website because it is on a jazz cruise charter.

I didn't do the research on the other two jazz cruise charters.

The NA is doing the the Rhythm and Blues charter now.

January 16 -29.

We were just there on the NA Jan 14 with the Noordam. Maybe it was because it was our first experience with HMC, but it did not feel too crowded.

We accidentally went to the Island BBQ half an hour before it was scheduled to open and found no lines and plenty of food. When we went back up for dessert closer to 11:30 it was packed.

We returned to HMC on the 16th and were the solo ship in port. After seeing the lines at 11:30 two days before, we chose to go to the BBQ early and again found no lines and plenty of food. I will share this tip with all the CC friends, but let's hope the other passengers never discover this!

So, what time was the HMC BBQ officially/unofficially opened to serve lunch, (so I can be there early, ahead of the lines when there is "plenty of food")! ;)

As others have posted. HMC is a very big beach, long and all of it beautiful. I can't imagine not being able to find a good place down toward the end that is relatively calm and pleasant.

Problem is that everyone seems to congregate around the sports equipment shead near the water park. That area can be a real jam-up, but there's lots of room further down the beach.

IMO

Maasdam 4/17/2012

Noordam 4/17/2012

From HAL's spreadsheet for 2012... both are scheduled for 8am - 4pm

I apologize if someone else mentioned this one, but there were so many dates being added to the discussion, it was challenging to follow while also scrolling the spreadsheet.

As I said before, the list of ships I gave were non-charter cruises (ie those that appear on HAL's website).

In hindsight, with the number of charters that HAL do, this may not be the most accurate list.

For that I apologise. If anyone has a more up-to-date list (including charters) please let me know

Maasdam 4/17/2012

Noordam 4/17/2012

I apologize if someone else mentioned this one, but there were so many dates being added to the discussion, it was challenging to follow while also scrolling the spreadsheet.

Could you please tell me how to access HAL's spreadsheet?

Thanks,

Joe

Maasdam 4/17/2012

Noordam 4/17/2012

Do you know if they have changed this cruise as the website is showing the Maasdam at sea on the 4/17? The call at HMC on that cruise is listed as the last day on 4/26 rather than the first.

Could you please tell me how to access HAL's spreadsheet?

Thanks,

Joe

No, I cannot. DH and I receive the spreadsheet via email due to the creation of the daily fleet locations posts.

Do you know if they have changed this cruise as the website is showing the Maasdam at sea on the 4/17? The call at HMC on that cruise is listed as the last day on 4/26 rather than the first.

No, I was not aware of that. The last update I received on the spreadsheet was dated December 3, 2011. Thanks for the heads-up. I will have to research that itinerary in order to update the Maasdam's schedule for that sailing then!

or on the ship! I must be doing something wrong.

Prior to the MDR opening, there is a Yum Yum man roaming the halls playing the chimes. I think it's confined to the area near the dining room on Decks two and three (Vista and Signature).

Archived