royal caribbean on hold spiel makes me want to put a fork in my eye

gmadvm

Just spent 10 minutes on hold listening to that sea shell calling, high pitched baby voice new ad campaign. It is so intensely annoying. Who makes up this stuff? And I had to call because all my past cruises are gone, the website says that I'm not a crown and anchor member so I can't see them and when I finally got a human, they can't figure out how to fix it. I went from diamond to never cruised before. They gave me another phone number to call to see if they can fix it but I can't put my ears through that on hold spiel another time tonight.

They need to fix that website.

gerri

Just spent 10 minutes on hold listening to that sea shell calling, high pitched baby voice new ad campaign. It is so intensely annoying. Who makes up this stuff? And I had to call because all my past cruises are gone, the website says that I'm not a crown and anchor member so I can't see them and when I finally got a human, they can't figure out how to fix it. I went from diamond to never cruised before. They gave me another phone number to call to see if they can fix it but I can't put my ears through that on hold spiel another time tonight.

gerri

I feel and hear your pain. One suggestion: make sure that your C&A number is showing in your profile. Mine dropped off, and I couldn't access my C&A information. I only spent 5 minutes on hold, and that was plenty of fingernails on the chalkboard for me.:eek:

gerri

Hahahaha...:D:D It's funny that you should say that. After sitting on hold for 20 mins a few days ago I sent off a lengthy email to RCI all about how terrible and annoying this marketing campaign is and how the On Hold with the Sea theme pretty much does exactly what you said, "makes you want to stick a fork in your eye" to take away the pain. LOL:p:p:p I highly recommended a whole new marketing team!!!

I will take the RCI "Sea is Calling" any day over the endless maze of voicemail prompts with Verizon Wireless, my bank, my insurance company and the mail order pharmacy. Those make me want to drive to their HQ and stick a fork in someone's eye.

I agree, as I spent 25 minutes on hold and didn't want to miss the VOICE which would eventually answer. Music is bad enough, but at least you can easily distinguish it from another voice, and try to do something else while waiting. If you're only likely to wait for a few moments, it hardly matters. :(

I agree, I'm not fond of the new Shellphone campaign either. I think it's cheesy, and doesn't convey the essence of a Royal Caribbean cruise at all. Their "The Sea Is calling, Answer It Royally" tag line works just fine, I just think they need to rework the rest of it. Why can't they get back to something classy like the old "Get Out There" spots?

I agree, as I spent 25 minutes on hold and didn't want to miss the VOICE which would eventually answer. Music is bad enough, but at least you can easily distinguish it from another voice, and try to do something else while waiting. If you're only likely to wait for a few moments, it hardly matters. :(

I have NO patience with the on-hold crap ANYONE plays anymore. I put my phone on speaker and turn the volume way down. I have soft music playing on my laptop (Pandora, loooooooooooooooooove it!!), and when I hear a voice I jump to it.

I've also noticed that when I call RCCL, even the D+ desk, there's a longer wait. They must have downsized their staff.

Same feelings here! 25 minutes on hold... when I finally got a live person the FIRST thing I go toff my chest was how nasty that wait was!!! I asked the rep to please take note of my complaint and report it where ever it is complaints get reported to, cause THAT WAS THE WORST!!!!! COME ON!!!! Once, twice... m-a-y-b-e- even 3 times, I could take, but that loop needs to be cut!

Give me "Lust for Life" ANY DAY!!!

:rolleyes:

Annette~

I went from diamond to never cruised before. They gave me another phone number to call to see if they can fix it but I can't put my ears through that on hold spiel another time tonight.

gerri

Did they provide the Crown & Anchor phone number? (800) 526-9723

gerri

lol. I know just how you feel!

Archived