Azura world Cruise cancelled

MattyBarlow

Indeed they are, Matty; and saying that it's replaced by Caribbean fly-cruises.

Nothing on the P&O website yet, however. In fact you can still book segments (or the whole) of Azura's world cruise on both the P&O and Cruise Village websites!

This may disappoint the Australians: I think I recall some expressions of interest among them for segments of this cruise in their part of the world.

Indeed they are, Matty; and saying that it's replaced by Caribbean fly-cruises.

Nothing on the P&O website yet, however. In fact you can still book segments (or the whole) of Azura's world cruise on both the P&O and Cruise Village websites!

This may disappoint the Australians: I think I recall some expressions of interest among them for segments of this cruise in their part of the world.

it's off the P&O site now.

Strange if they do replace it with caribbean fly cruises as they seemed to have pulled her out of the caribbean due to high flight costs and decided to leave Ventura on her own in the Caribbean from next winter.

Looks like someone has got their sums wrong.

Strange if they do replace it with caribbean fly cruises as they seemed to have pulled her out of the caribbean due to high flight costs and decided to leave Ventura on her own in the Caribbean from next winter.

The remaining itineraries have her doing short cruises from Southampton during December and into January, and they're still on the P&O website. (I could almost fancy the Christmas cruise myself...) That means she won't, effectively, be in the Caribbean until almost the end of January since the first one will be a transatlantic cruise. That means she'll only be doing fly-cruises during the more popular half of the winter season, so they might do OK.

I think selling fly-cruises for both Ventura & Azura during November and December and over Christmas & New Year would have been hard.

Hi

We've had a call today to say our april 2013 cruise has been cancelled, stating the world cruises on Azura have been pulled completely!

Not very good n we not very happy at all, thanks P&O!

Anyone else had a cancellation?

:-(

X

It's almost like P&O have no real clue at management level on the market and what target passengers want!

Sounds like its time for Ms Marlow to step aside and let someone else take the helm and direction of the company..

I do not believe that the current P&O management even know who their target passengers are.

It's almost like P&O have no real clue at management level on the market and what target passengers want!

Sounds like its time for Ms Marlow to step aside and let someone else take the helm and direction of the company..

I disagree. It sounds to me like a reasonable attempt to try something different. I think these cruises were marketed more as a set of discrete 'exotic' fly cruises than a single world cruise, and that sounds like a reasonable thing to do. (the Princess equivalent is, I think, pretty successful.) We don't know why they have been cancelled, or even if the cancellation instruction came from Southampton (and if it did, from whose office...); but presumably they simply didn't sell enough, even at this stage, for them to believe that it would ever be profitable. If that's the case then cancelling them is exactly the right thing to do. But to blame them for trying something new would be wrong. This is a dynamic, growing industry, and a company which simply sits back and keep doing the same-old same-old will find itself left behind.

I suspect that the cruise industry in general is going through lean times, judging by the number of special offers available. It may well be that long cruises are particularly badly hit and it is already obvious to P&O that an unacceptable number of cabins would be unsold. Fly cruises on Ventura, on the other hand, may be selling well. well enough to fill another ship.

This is a dynamic, growing industry, and a company which simply sits back and keep doing the same-old same-old will find itself left behind.

P&O are not in tune with what passengers want. Go onto their website and count how many cruises are sold out, then go to Princess.com and count how many they have sold out. I have never known Princess cancel a cruise, but P&O are doing it more and more. This is demoralising their customer base and they are haemorrhaging them to other companies.

The caller from P&O cancelling my Azura world cruise in 2013 said it was because of economic constraints. I'm not happy at all, and am now trying to find alternatives - not easy.

I get really annoyed with these people. If we cancel, we lose our deposit. If they cancel, they lose nothing and give nothing. I keep harping on about this, but i had 3 cruises cancelled by P&O last year. I lost annual leave, hotel expenses etc and received nothing in return. They don't deserve loyal customers.

As you were spending mega money, have they offered you any compensation?

Thats pretty unlucky, three cancelled cruises in one year.

Oriana 30 Nov, Oriana 9 Dec and Oriana Jan 2013.

I cannot and will not defend a company that is performing in such a slipshod manner. I have been a loyal customer for years but there comes a time when you have to make it plain there is something wrong. All over the country businesses are failing and IMHO I feel this is the way P&O are going. Dorset lad and others can remain as loyal as they like, but unless things change, they may wake up one morning and find there is no P&O to sail on.

I agree it's a troll. Never posts except to knock P&O. It's the same company - CARNIVAL.

They have probably made a very good business decision. Aurora and Oriana still have cabins available on their world cruises, so how would they fill Azura.

What is this with princessthebest. Every time she posts, she criticises P & O. Smells a bit like a troll to me. Apologies if I'm wrong, but the posts are consistently anti P & O.

Brian

The clue is in her name lol;) (princess is best) Although I personally wouldn't have the nerve to go on the Princess site with a name of 'P&Oisbest' and knock Princess...

Archived