B2B Change in Captain Club Status?

Karen@Steve

We're contemplating booking a cruise and we're 1 point away from Select status. If we book a b2b will we be select status on the second cruise or does the b2b count as one cruise? Just wondering!:)

B2B is considered two seperate cruises, you will be Select on the 2nd leg.

We're contemplating booking a cruise and we're 1 point away from Select status. If we book a b2b will we be select status on the second cruise or does the b2b count as one cruise? Just wondering!:)

Thank you so much for asking this question and thank you to those of you who answered.

We are doing our first b2b and I was wondering the same exact thing.

I'm a little "worried" because our TA booked it with only one reservation number - but showing the full itinerary. I'm afraid NCL will see it as only one cruise. Or is this common?

See the captain's club host(ess) on board....they will make sure you are select on the second portion of your b2b.
That is exactly what we did when we turned elite on a b2b.

We had mentioned it to the captain's club hostess at the beginning of the first cruise and then forgot all about it.

On the turnaround day, we left the ship early to go explore the port. When we returned to our cabin that afternoon, we found the elite coupons and invitations already on the bed waiting for us.

"We are doing our first b2b and I was wondering the same exact thing.

I'm a little "worried" because our TA booked it with only one reservation number - but showing the full itinerary. I'm afraid NCL will see it as only one cruise. Or is this common?"

Ours on RCI shows up as two separate reservations, though it may because we have a different cabin for the second cruise (couldn't resist the aft corner balcony that was available for the second one only!). It certainly should count as 2 separate cruises. I'd try to get an answer from NCL before you cruise, but if you can't, check with Guest Services once you get onboard.

Thank you so much for asking this question and thank you to those of you who answered.

I'm a little "worried" because our TA booked it with only one reservation number - but showing the full itinerary. I'm afraid NCL will see it as only one cruise. Or is this common?

If you are on a celebrity ship, NCL will not see it at all :)

• 1 month later...

Like others have said, make sure you go see the Captains Club host/ess early on the first leg and discuss with them. You may even get lucky and be given the perks early, as we were on Constellation last year!

...I'm a little "worried" because our TA booked it with only one reservation number - but showing the full itinerary. I'm afraid NCL will see it as only one cruise. Or is this common?

On Celebrity they always have two numbers and are treated as two separate cruises booking wise. NCL is a different unrelated company so they might have a different system.

• 3 weeks later...
Like others have said, make sure you go see the Captains Club host/ess early on the first leg and discuss with them. You may even get lucky and be given the perks early, as we were on Constellation last year!

Did you ask them to give you the perks early, or did you just get a really nice CC host? Hoping this happens to me in December.

A nice couple were very unhappy with Celebrity because the had to switch rooms after leg one. They had booked the cruise as a 28 night cruise. X does not do 28 night cruises. Their TA could not get them into the same cabin so they had to switch, of course this was unknown until the second leg, they thought they were in the same cabin for 28 nights. You may want to check to see if you are in the same cabin for both cruises. You should have a different booking number for both cruises.

Sorry, a wee bit off topic but I thought it might be important after you mentioned you had one booking number for two cruises. ~ Ric

Archived