What is FCC?

woodsy64

FCC is future cruise certificate and you have to purchase it on the ship. There are four ships that do not sell this so you can call Carnival within 7 days after your cruise to buy them. The cost is $100 and they are non-transferable. You can only use one per cabin. When you book another cruise the $100 you paid for the certificate is deducted from your final payment. The perk is the onboard credit you receive. That ranges from $50 for a shorter cruise; $100 for a 7 or 8 day cruise; and $200 for a 12 night or longer cruise. The purchase price is put on a credit card and not on your Sign and Sail card. You can now redeem these on the Carnival website. If you are not going to use the certificate before the expiration date (now it's 2 years) you can send it back for a refund. They're a great deal and we have used quite a few of them.

FCC is future cruise certificate and you have to purchase it on the ship. There are four ships that do not sell this so you can call Carnival within 7 days after your cruise to buy them. The cost is $100 and they are non-transferable. You can only use one per cabin. When you book another cruise the $100 you paid for the certificate is deducted from your final payment. The perk is the onboard credit you receive. That ranges from $50 for a shorter cruise; $100 for a 7 or 8 day cruise; and $200 for a 12 night or longer cruise. The purchase price is put on a credit card and not on your Sign and Sail card. You can now redeem these on the Carnival website. If you are not going to use the certificate before the expiration date (now it's 2 years) you can send it back for a refund. They're a great deal and we have used quite a few of them.

its a must buy!!!

Here is a link that explains what a FCC (Future Cruise Certificate) is.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2010/09/02/what-is-the-loyalty-and-cruise-vacation-program.aspx

As someone stated earlier, you no longer have to mail them in. They can be redeemed online at:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/futurevacationcert.html

They really are great if you are planning on cruising again.

FCC. Future Cruise Certificate or Free Cash Certificate. You get at least $50 to use it. It is refundable. Can’t lose. Just book and cruise within the required dates on the certificate.

Wow, this really does seem like a no brainer... seems too good to be true. Especially if you can get a refund if you don't end up using it. I did this once when on an NCL and haven't used it yet, the obc was added right away to our sail and sign acct. Do you buy this while on board and is the obc added to your sail and sign acct for the current cruise or on the future cruise. If it's added right away I imagine you have to return the obc if you don't use it and get a refund?

Wow, this really does seem like a no brainer... seems too good to be true. Especially if you can get a refund if you don't end up using it. I did this once when on an NCL and haven't used it yet, the obc was added right away to our sail and sign acct. Do you buy this while on board and is the obc added to your sail and sign acct for the current cruise or on the future cruise. If it's added right away I imagine you have to return the obc if you don't use it and get a refund?

I booked my cruise on Sat. with my 1st FCC-I asked my PVP what happens to it, if I needed to cancel the cruise-he said that a check for $100 would be refunded back to me. (No money lost to me, but I'd have to wait for another cruise to buy one-unless, I had another one in reserve?!:D)

when you say one per cabin, do you mean only one person per cabin can purchase one or one per cabin can be used on the new booking? Three of us are sailing in one cabin and would each like to purchase one for future use for sailing w/ our SO. Can this be done?

when you say one per cabin, do you mean only one person per cabin can purchase one or one per cabin can be used on the new booking? Three of us are sailing in one cabin and would each like to purchase one for future use for sailing w/ our SO. Can this be done?

Yes you all 3 can purchase them, but when you go to book your next cruise, only one certificate can be used per cabin. Then the OBC is split between 2 guests. Kinda sucks that you pay and you only get half the OBC. I think you should get all of it.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry if I'm asking a question that's already been answered....

I just got off the Liberty today and bought one certificate while on board. I decided to buy a second one, but didn't make it to the desk before they closed on the last night. Can I buy another certificate if I do it right away or does that only apply if I were on a ship that doesn't sell the certificates?

Thanks for your help!

I'm sorry if I'm asking a question that's already been answered....

I just got off the Liberty today and bought one certificate while on board. I decided to buy a second one, but didn't make it to the desk before they closed on the last night. Can I buy another certificate if I do it right away or does that only apply if I were on a ship that doesn't sell the certificates?

Thanks for your help!

Since you were on a ship that sold them, you can only buy them while on the ship.

There were 4 ships that did not have them, and those folks can buy them for like a week or two after their cruise by calling some phone number last I heard, might have changed by now.

Since you were on a ship that sold them, you can only buy them while on the ship.

There were 4 ships that did not have them, and those folks can buy them for like a week or two after their cruise by calling some phone number last I heard, might have changed by now.

Thanks! That's what I thought. :( I'll have to do a little better job planning ahead next time! :D

Archived