can you bring large item onto ship at ports?

Tess and Pal

We are traveling by cruise ship and one stop is in Mexico. We had flown to Mexico in the past and we saw a 3 foot tall pot that we loved, however, we knew how difficult it would be to bring on a plane. Now that we are driving to the cruise port and cruising, I was hoping to see a similar pot in Mexico. Will they let me bring that back on the ship? Thanks :)

If all else fails, you might look into having it shipped home via UPS or FedEx. Of course, you would need to know if there is a UPS or FedEx facility close to where you are purchasing the item, then be able to box it up for shipping.

Most reputable merchants would be able to ship anything you buy from them back to your home. Pay with a credit card and dispute the charges if the item doesn't arrive a week or two after you return.

And nothing for nothing, but you can't find a pot here in the US? Around here there are a ton of places that sell a variety of ornamental craft items from just about every nation under the sun.

If it is three feet long but not too wide and can fit through the x-ray scanner, you probably will be fine bringing it aboard.

If it cannot be scanned, you most likely will not be permitted to bring it.

Ask in advance of making your purchase. Check with Security on the gangway as you leave the ship.

I don't see a problem at all.:)

One of the joys of no-flight cruises.

If security want to scan it & it won't go thro the tabletop scanner on its side, they can scan it thro the body scanner that passengers go thro'.

Shipping will cost an arm & a leg, & liable to delay, loss or breakage and IMHO its simply not neccessary.

No worries :)

JB :)

I don't see a problem at all.:)

One of the joys of no-flight cruises.

If security want to scan it & it won't go thro the tabletop scanner on its side, they can scan it thro the body scanner that passengers go thro'.

Shipping will cost an arm & a leg, & liable to delay, loss or breakage and IMHO its simply not neccessary.

No worries :)

JB :)

Totally different types of scanners, so I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Archived