Requesting Table for Two - email?

yogimax

I was looking for that as well several weeks ago to do the same thing after my TA stated that Celebrity does not allow requests for tables of 2 anymore due to it getting "out of control". I thought it was B.S. but oh well. It was easier for me just to change to Select Dinning than worry about an e-mail for a request that might not be granted. Now I can book a table for 2 each night at the same time and know for a fact I will have it! You may want to do the same if paying your tips up front is OK with you.

Tina

There is an email address to request a table for two on RCL.

Is there also one on Celebrity?

I've cruised Celebrity 19 times; the first 17, we requested a table for two and, of course, they placed us at a large table. We would have to meet up with Asst' maitre'd, in charge of seating, and make a change. Sometimes it was easy, and other times, no so. I don't think the email thing works well at getting what you want.

The last two cruises, we've had great tables for two (assigned)! Call 1-800-242-6374 ext 3 and request one.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

I chose select dining for our upcoming cruise next week thinking it would be easy to get a table for 2. But after reading this I am concerned that it would be difficult to get. Last 2 sailings we were in Blu, and never had a problem with getting a table for 2. This sailing we are not in AQ, but assumed it would not be hard to get a table for 2 in the MDR.

Do you really think it is necessary to make a reservation in advance of saling in order to get a table for 2????

Kinda takes the spontaneity out of being able to use select dining........ I like not being pinned down to eating at certain times.

I chose select dining for our upcoming cruise next week thinking it would be easy to get a table for 2. But after reading this I am concerned that it would be difficult to get. Last 2 sailings we were in Blu, and never had a problem with getting a table for 2. This sailing we are not in AQ, but assumed it would not be hard to get a table for 2 in the MDR.

Do you really think it is necessary to make a reservation in advance of saling in order to get a table for 2????

Kinda takes the spontaneity out of being able to use select dining........ I like not being pinned down to eating at certain times.

Generally people only e-mail such a request in advance if they have opted to early or late seating, not select seating. Generally tables for two are available for select seating.

It is the same e-mail address; the e-mail goes to RCCL (parent of both Celebrity and RCI).

Thanks Gonzo! We always request a table for two (or small table) when making our reservation, but have found it doesn't mean anything.

When I've used the RCCL email address, however, the request has always been honored. Glad to know that it's the same.

[/img]

I was looking for that as well several weeks ago to do the same thing after my TA stated that Celebrity does not allow requests for tables of 2 anymore due to it getting "out of control". I thought it was B.S. but oh well. It was easier for me just to change to Select Dinning than worry about an e-mail for a request that might not be granted. Now I can book a table for 2 each night at the same time and know for a fact I will have it! You may want to do the same if paying your tips up front is OK with you.

Tina

Unlike Cunard Celebrity does not respond to dining requests for tables for two --- there are only a few available with most of them being on the upper level of the main dining room:

GrandEpernayDinningRoom-LowerLevel-2.jpg[/img][/img]

GrandEpernayDinningRoom-LowerLevel-2.jpg[/img]

All that have requested seating for 2 and didn't get, don't feel slighted. We always ask for a large table and the last cruises we ended up at a table for 2. Ah well. It's a crapshoot apparently.

........ and it shouldn't be. This is Celebrity; or at least its the Celebrity I thought it was supposed to be, you know, X and all that.

I just made a post in another thread about marketing strategies being rolled out by RCL/Celebrity after reading that you have to pay your gratuities up front for select dining. Think about that. You're giving you're money to Celebrity for them to use and without interests. Do banks do that? Uhhh, no way.

I could be way off here but putting two and two together, if Celebrity is directing traffic in a way that enhances their revenue positions at our expense and decreases options for passengers, we should be letting them know that, if that is what is going on, (1) we're not stupid and (2) we don't like it.

[quote name=jbuch02;32221552

I just made a post in another thread about marketing strategies being rolled out by RCL/Celebrity after reading that you have to pay your gratuities up front for select dining. Think about that. You're giving you're money to Celebrity for them to use and without interests. Do banks do that? Uhhh' date=' no way.

[/quote]

Hmm, let's see. Let's say gratuities are $100. My bank pays me a half of a percent interest. If I book three months in advance this means I am losing about 13 cents.

Don't think I am going to be too upset by this.:rolleyes:

Hmm, let's see. Let's say gratuities are $100. My bank pays me a half of a percent interest. If I book three months in advance this means I am losing about 13 cents.

Don't think I am going to be too upset by this.:rolleyes:

Exactly. We had a table for two every single night. Never waited more than a few minutes and they let us pick where we wanted to sit. I would never do it any other way.

Yeah,

Just an FYI, I sent an email with same request to CelebrityExperience@celebrity.com and did not receive a response, so I forwarded it to CaptainsClub@Celebrity.com, and have not received a response from either.

I guess I will try calling or waiting until we get on the ship and heading straight to the dinning room to check on it.

Edited by pauly
error

• 4 years later...
I was looking for that as well several weeks ago to do the same thing after my TA stated that Celebrity does not allow requests for tables of 2 anymore due to it getting "out of control". I thought it was B.S. but oh well.
If indeed the TA is right and Celebrity thinks it is getting "out of control", perhaps it is time to respond to changing demands of customers. Celebrity should explore adjusting the ratio of large tables vs tables for two. I'm quite social, but often prefer to dine just with my spouse.

I know this is a really old thread, but anyway... :)

Edited by mpk