Does RCI have a John Heald

Please excuse me for asking but I have a cruise with my family upcoming on the Allure. We cruised on Carnival last year and John Heald helped me arrange a wedding proposal for my son who had been injured by an IED in Afganistahn.

I wondered if there was a place like Healds blog and Facebook page where I could ask someone a question about wheelchair access and table requests like Heald does for many each day. Thanks for any help you can give me,

Love him or hate him, I belive he handled the Splendor fire situation brilliantly and those people were very lucky to have him on board......I dont know the man so I will not pass judgement on his as some have. All I know is, he handled that situation very well and I could only hope if something happened like that on a RCI ship I was on, someone would do as good a job.

JMHO!!

Love him or hate him, I belive he handled the Splendor fire situation brilliantly and those people were very lucky to have him on board......I dont know the man so I will not pass judgement on his as some have. All I know is, he handled that situation very well and I could only hope if something happened like that on a RCI ship I was on, someone would do as good a job.

JMHO!!

Excellent point thanks for refreshing at least my memory. Don't know him, never sailed with him no reason for me to pass judgement.

A CD does not "handle" a situation like a ship dead in the water. That would be the captain's job.

I find Heald's posts (which are by him so I presume we're allowed to judge his character by them) to celebrate everything coarse or gross. When Dream debuted at the same time as Oasis, he posted about Oasis on every single day negatively and yet discounted the serious growing pains Dream was having (massive lines, insufficient pool chairs, etc) as typical learning curve issues. Obviously, he's a tout for their brand but he lacks any sense of perspective. When we went on the Dream (after the initial hiccups were dealt with) we timed it so he would not be on board.

As far as I can tell, his blog is a hit because folks write in and ask for free things on their trips, he gives it to them and they act like it was such a nice surprise.

JMHO!!

I don't consider not liking him to be hateful. I simply remember reading his blog for the first time when RCI raised the suggested gratuity rates. JH flat out lied on his blog in an attempt to make RCI look bad. He failed to mention that what the gratuities cover weren't quite the same. RCI's gratuities also covered the headwaiter which at that time Carnival's did not. I don't know what Carnival's gratuities cover at this time.

I just didn't like the low, inaccurate blow, by JH. That is why I hope RCI doesn't have a CD like him - which is a direct response to the title of this thread.

Gina

Archived