Free On Board Credit

Normo

Hi

We are going on the Pacific Sun.

Can the Free on Board Credit given by P&O be used as part of the "bond "that is required to open an account.

EG If leaving a cash deposit and not a credit or debit card, $300 is required to open the on board account.

If the free on Board credit is $150 dollars is the passenger only required to pay a deposit of $150?

regards

Just a reminder and warning for all those who have missed the notice. Princess based in AUSTRALIA are now charging 1.5% on their on board accounts when they are paid by credit card.

More and more of us will b e bringing cash to pay these accounts:D

Thanks Aus T and Windsor for you replys. Yes a number of cruise lines appear to be passing on credit charge fees to passengers.

The credit card can be still used to open the account and the fee will only be charged if it is used to settle the account. As you said if cash is used no fee, also a debit card will not incur a fee.

I believe my above comments are correct???

Regards

Thanks Aus T and Windsor for you replys. Yes a number of cruise lines appear to be passing on credit charge fees to passengers.

The credit card can be still used to open the account and the fee will only be charged if it is used to settle the account. As you said if cash is used no fee, also a debit card will not incur a fee.

I believe my above comments are correct???

Regards

I am not sure if using a debit card will result in a fee or not. I have an idea that someone posted recently that the debit card is treated the same as a credit card, but I am not sure. I suggest you check it out. :):)

I am not sure if using a debit card will result in a fee or not. I have an idea that someone posted recently that the debit card is treated the same as a credit card, but I am not sure. I suggest you check it out. :):)

I agree....read on the boards (or Princess documents) that both debit and credit cards incur the fee.

Compensates a little for dropping the autotip :rolleyes:

I thought the sign at check in only said the 1.5% would be charged on credit cards and not debit cards, but I could be wrong. I can tell you though that we used a mastercard to settle our bill and the 1/5% wasn't added to the bill. I have double checked and there is no mention of it and the total of the amounts spent and the amount charged to our card are the same.

Hi

We are going on the Pacific Sun.

Can the Free on Board Credit given by P&O be used as part of the "bond "that is required to open an account.

EG If leaving a cash deposit and not a credit or debit card, $300 is required to open the on board account.

If the free on Board credit is $150 dollars is the passenger only required to pay a deposit of $150?

regards

in answer to your question (If the free on Board credit is $150 dollars is the passenger only required to pay a deposit of $150?)

yes that is what and how it works, if have a $150 OBC you only have put on $ 150 to make the $300, mind you if you take your time at doing this, it does not matter as your cruise card will still will work as it has the OBC on it.

Archived