What cruise line are you using to cruise Hawaii?

Florida_cruisers

Which cruise line did you choose?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Which cruise line did you choose?

We are cruising Princess because of their 15 Day round trip over the holidays and I have always wanted to try Princess. If RCCL or Celebrity were doing RT at the time, we might have picked one of them. If you want the maximum port time, my understanding is to do the circle cruise with NCL.

We enjoyed our Carnival Spirit 15 day repositioning cruise from Ensenada, Mexico to 5 cities and 4 islands in Hawaii ending in Honolulu in the Spring of 2004. It was on it's way up to the summer Alaskan cruise runs. Smooth water and beautiful weather. Spirit itself was a clean, comfortable and nice vessel, great crew, good and plentiful food. An outstanding value on our veranada cabin also made for a very enjoyable cruise. Highly recommend this repositioning cruise and it happens twice a year. Once going up in the Spring and again in the Fall returning from the Alaskan cruise season.

We did sail Hawaii on NCL and decided that the freestyle cruising is not for us.

We are now booked to do Hawaii again on Celebrity. We love Celebrity and just got off the Galaxy after an absolutely terrific cruise.

We're cruising to Hawaii from Vancouver in Sept. on RCI's Serenade of the Seas. Her sister ship Radiance does amost the same route, and Legend too I think.They go the opposite in the spring, May I believe. Ours is an 11 nt. cruise and we're staying an additional 3 nts. in Honolulu. Happy planning:D

We're cruising to Hawaii from Vancouver in Sept. on RCI's Serenade of the Seas. Her sister ship Radiance does amost the same route, and Legend too I think.They go the opposite in the spring, May I believe. Ours is an 11 nt. cruise and we're staying an additional 3 nts. in Honolulu. Happy planning:D

Actually, the last couple of years (including this spring) the Radiance and the Vision go up the Pacific coast instead of making the Hawaii loop. They are still doing the Hawaii loop in the fall for repositioning to Mexico/Caribbean. I'm pretty sure Legend is going to Europe this summer (England?) and Vision is going along the Pacific coast both up and down. Serenade seems to the only RCI ship doing Hawaii both to and from Alaska.

beachchick

Back in fall '03, my hubby mentioned he wanted to go on the RT to Hawaii that December (we were limited to school vacations). We discovered it was already sold out so we booked an Alaskan cruise instead. Then last November we booked the '05 Holiday cruise on the Island. Can't wait. BTW, I'm the white knuckle flyer, not my hubby.

I chose Celebrity to try a new line and 14 days. At the time of booking they were the cheapest as well. My cabin now cast almost $1200.00 more.:eek:

If I like the island,s and the doctor let's me, I'll fly there and take a return to Vancouver one in two years. One that stays over night in one or two islands.

This will be our first RCC cruise. Orginally we booked Celebrity Infinity but they changed the itinery to Alaska and RCC was the only ship doing the same cruise at the time we needed. Our son is getting married the day of sailing in Oahu and we'll all be on the cruise for their honeymoon. They could only do the cruise in May as our future daughter in law is in grad school and teaches and they had to make sure school was done for the term. We're on Serenade of the Seas Hawaii to Vancouver for 11nts leaving 5/18.

Carol

If you like the freestyle NCL, you might also like Princess' personal choice dining. If you are looking for a cruise around the Hawaiian islands, I think that NCL is the only one that does round trips from Hawaii. Everyone else sails there from the mainland--so there are a lot more sea days to and/or from the mainland.

Pride of Aloha and Pride of American give you as much of Hawaii in a week and even a little more than NCL's Norwegian Wind or any of the RCCL or Celebrity ships. All 4 islands, 2 days each, in a 7 day cruise (go to HOnolulu early to allow sightseeing on Oahu).

I am trying to find out which one is the best cruise line to cruise the Hawaiian Islands. I love RCCL and Celebrity, but also enjoy the freestyle Norwegian, so many choices....

See you on the ship. It's a great ship to be on!!!:D

We are doing the San Diego 15 days round trip to Hawaii on Holland American on Dec. 7th. We have never been on Holland, but are Princess Fans so this will be a new cruise line for us.

Since one of my family is a teacher we are going on the Summit 12/18 - 01/02. We were glad it was the Summit that fit into our schedule as we loved her for 10 days in the carib in march 03. We do feel that Celeb is our fav but if Princess had fit better we would have gladly done that line again.

Sailing around Na Pali coast on Christmas day sounds great to me!!

Cruisin D

I just returned from a 15 day cruise on Island Princess. Had a great time. Go to the Princess Boards and you can read several reviews on the trip. Princess offers both traditional and personal choice dining, so you can have either.

I like NCL's 7 day maximum port time itinerary. It gives you more time ashore than any of the other cruises. For those that want a leisurely pace, and can afford the time/money for 5-10 days at sea, HAL, Celebrity would be my suggestion.

Archived