I don't plan to cruise on Splendor anymore because....

LucyR.

What happened to,,any cruise is better then a day at work theme?

Guess I should cancel today,,i do have insurance. HAL here I come.

I would rather work than spend a lousy day on the office, work too hard to waste a day of vacation.

Edited by stpcanada

Maybe its not the food thats spoiled.:D

Someone just wrote a review on the Splendor that pretty much makes this the best ship on the ocean,,,,,so I will get on that one instead. YAHOO !!!!!

PS: if food was spoiled,,it would sure seem as though many many many people would have gotten sick and we would have heard about it,,like that Princess boat that has everyone in cabins being porcelain truck drivers.

No I do not.

So you mean Cruise Critic = whine and complain about everything.

Now I got it, thanks.

No. I think the purpose of CC is to express your views on every aspect your cruise...period. If your views are complaints then so be it. I seriously doubt the purpose of CC is to mock anyone WITH a complaint..

although from the way it seems, I'm dead wrong on this :rolleyes:

I GIVE UP! All of you negative people who have called me a liar can go ahead and live in your fantasy world. I am not going to bother taking time writing a review on my next cruise since most of you didn't notice that I also said I had a great time on the ship.

It was my cruise experience and Edward John Smith has given me some great advise to just let it go and stop trying to defend myself to all of you

mean spirited people and real petty people.

One more thing... I did report the spoiled food problems to the Lido deck workers. It will take months before Carnival sends me a letter stating they have received my written complaints.

I just wanted to inform some of you that will be cruising on the Splendor soon.

Halos, thank you so much for taking the time on responding to some of these naysayers statements. I still can't believe that people think that

the chocolate mix doesn't have instant dry milk that can get rancid if it is too old. It was too old because I was told by the worker that the machine had been cleaned but they didn't notice that the coco mix was old.

I AM NOT COMING BACK TO DEFEND MYSELF ANYMORE TO FOOLISH

STUPID PEOPLE WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME AND WHO DIDN'T CRUISE ON

THE SPLENDOR ON JAN.29TH. LUCYR.

Don't let it upset you. It's not worth it. Those that are tearing you down are the ones that think popping a Swanson Hungry Man dinner into the microwave is gourmet cooking so when they get on board a Carnival ship, they think that they're in heaven. LOL!!!!!!!!!

The OP did NOT say she was leaving Carnival because of these issues. She did NOT call Carnival "icky". I didn't get the impression she felt she was a princess and required crystal, china, a butler, etc. She merely said that her experience on the SPLENDOR was such that she was not going to sail on her again. I think that is a legitimate thing to report.

I can't say anything about the spoiled food because I was not there. But I give her the benefit of the doubt. It is possible things were spoiled. It is even possible that multiple things were spoiled if a refrigerator or something was set too high or broke down, etc.

But some of the issues she mentioned are very common problems that have been reported here on Cruise Critic for awhile now. Problems like the wait staff being overworked and service suffering. I have read this on MANY reviews on MANY ships. It seems to be their new model with the one head waiter and 2 asst. waiters. I TOTALLY believe she experienced this problem because I have read it from so many others. Yes, you need to read reviews with a grain of salt. Throw out the highs and lows but if an issue is repeated over and over by many cruisers, that is a legitimate issue.

Also, the food quality has declined. You read about this from many people on many ships. I totally believe this also. It is just a too common complaint for people to blow it off as the "princess" wanting Crystal type quality.

I don't want to have to set my expectations so low in order to be happy with my cruise experience. I don't want to have the mentality that a day on a cruise is better than a day at work. Why don't I just stay home on my vacation and save my money??

Maggie

• 1 month later...
I don't want to have to set my expectations so low in order to be happy with my cruise experience. I don't want to have the mentality that a day on a cruise is better than a day at work. Why don't I just stay home on my vacation and save my money??

Maggie

I agree! I should have a normal expectation of my vacation going well. I think it's too bad that Carnival overwork their employees to save money; they deserve better than that, but so do the customers. I want a nice meal with fresh food served by people who at least look like they want to be there to do their job.

I'll be there this Sunday for a week and will report back. :D

• 1 year later...
I GIVE UP! All of you negative people who have called me a liar can go ahead and live in your fantasy world. I am not going to bother taking time writing a review on my next cruise since most of you didn't notice that I also said I had a great time on the ship.

It was my cruise experience and Edward John Smith has given me some great advise to just let it go and stop trying to defend myself to all of you

mean spirited people and real petty people.

One more thing... I did report the spoiled food problems to the Lido deck workers. It will take months before Carnival sends me a letter stating they have received my written complaints.

I just wanted to inform some of you that will be cruising on the Splendor soon.

Halos, thank you so much for taking the time on responding to some of these naysayers statements. I still can't believe that people think that

the chocolate mix doesn't have instant dry milk that can get rancid if it is too old. It was too old because I was told by the worker that the machine had been cleaned but they didn't notice that the coco mix was old.

I AM NOT COMING BACK TO DEFEND MYSELF ANYMORE TO FOOLISH

STUPID PEOPLE WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME AND WHO DIDN'T CRUISE ON

THE SPLENDOR ON JAN.29TH. LUCYR.

Hi Lucy,

I know this is an old post and I know your experience on the splendor was lacking, but you stayed in a cabin I might be interested in on this voyage. 7345. I am reading reports that its a typical upper/lower 1A but also read where its two twins. Do you recall what it was?

Thanks so much and sorry for dregging up this old post!

Thanks,

PaulyPride!

I wrote a cruise review but it hasn't been posted yet for some reason.

I had a wonderful time dancing, singing, meeting lots of cruisers, etc.

The ship staff are great. My cabin insider #7345 cat.1-A was great.

I have cruised on Splendor 6 times and the food has gone downhill.

Healthy safe foods is important to me. I don't need to eat fancy foods but I do enjoy eating food that is not spoiled.

The hot chocolate machine had spoiled milk and needs to be cleaned out real good.

One of the soft ice cream machine needs to also be cleaned out because I saw specks of black dots in the ice cream.

My grilled Ruben sandwich had spoiled thousand island dressing on it so I had to throw it out.

My two traveling friends ate sushi on the last evening and had to vomit it

because it was spoiled. They had been eating sushi all week long but on their last evening they both got sick.

Service is real bad for "Anytime Dinning". They don't have enough help to serve the people. I noticed that when I ordered pork chops they didn't bring me the apple sauce until I was almost finished eating dinner.

I ordered well done prime rib but it was real raw. I exchanged it because I noticed they didn't bring the sour cream and horseradish for another lady at the table for her prime rib meal.

When I asked for butter for my baked potato I was told to use the butter that is used for the bread and rolls. I thought that was tacky.

I am used to having an assistant waiter come to my table and ask what else we need. Hardly ever showed up. The Maitre D' never showed their face at our table each night.

I am not the type to complain unless it is a real serious problem.

I was on a Mexican Riviera cruise and I did complain to the Ship's security manager that I didn't like the Mexican security searching my tiny coin money purse. They said they were looking for fruit. They didn't bother to search all of my bags. So I thought it was strange that they would put their hand in my money section of my purse.

The Ship's manager said it was normal to search my coin purse. No big deal. MY ADVISE is to hide your money somewhere on your body.

Overall I had a wonderful time but I just didn't like the dinner service and the lack of assistant waiters to meet our needs.

I don't need advise. I just want to report my cruise experience. Everybody does have a different experience on a cruise ship.

I just want to inform people to beware of spoiled foods and some bad service in the dinning room. I am not the type to complain a lot. I just like to inform people of my own personal experience.

We are all different in what we like or don't like. LucyR.

Since you have to say it twice, yeah you are but its Ok. A complain is nothing more than things that did not meet your expectation. Some of your expectation where out there, come on not using the same butter for the potato for the bread roll. How many different things of butter should be presented. I am surprise at he rate that people go through food there is much time for spoilage, maybe a diet conscious group.

I agree the overall food quality has gone down but food is expensive and Carnival is catering to those who want to sail just to be on the ship.

Edited by Blk_Amish

Hi Lucy,

I know this is an old post and I know your experience on the splendor was lacking, but you stayed in a cabin I might be interested in on this voyage. 7345. I am reading reports that its a typical upper/lower 1A but also read where its two twins. Do you recall what it was?

Thanks so much and sorry for dregging up this old post!

Thanks,

PaulyPride!

There are indeed two twins in cabin 7345 as well as an upper bunk that can descend from the ceiling. The twin beds can easily be made a "king size" by using larger linens.

We .... were amazed at the thoroughness of the cleaning that goes on by the crew.

Not just superficial wipe downs, but serious cleaning was the norm.

The fact that there are 3,000 slobs on board makes the cleanliness of the ship even more amazing.

What a job it must be! :eek:

Perhaps worse than trying to keep a Hospital clean of germs

because Hospital patients aren't often drunk-ppl-on-holiday

many of them being somewhat ga-ga as they consume their way thru their cruise,

complete with the necessary food wastage and spillage! :D

Edited by Aplmac

I just got off the Carnival Splendor yesterday. It was our third cruise on this ship.

I did not see anything like you described, in fact just the opposite. We spent many a hour on the lido deck playing cards at different times of the day and night and were amazing at the thoroughness of the cleaning that goes on by the crew. Not just superficial wipe downs, but serious cleaning was the norm. The fact that there are 3000 slobs on board makes the cleanliness of the ship even more amazing.

As for the hot chocolate machine, there is no milk in the drink, it is powdered mix combined with hot water, so it is hard for spoiling of a non existent ingredient.

We had great service with You Time Dining, but that depends on your specific waitstaff.

Better luck on your next cruise ship choice!

You are at peace and find it acceptable to vacation among 3000 slobs, as you stated this as a fact? Around 3000 slobs and I would be willing to frolic with the sharks. Were you included in the 3000 slobs, just askin':eek: yes, we know a few claim to cruise because its better than being home and doing any kind of chores but never thought they meant being a slob, who would have guessed!

Edited by Blk_Amish

Not sure if someone else may have asked the question but, why would one ever order well done prime rib??? I have checked on how to prepare the roast and most will say if you want it "well done" get another cut of meat, do not ruin it. Also, milk is not used in the hot chocolate, but did notice at least one other poster pointed that out. So much their own.

Not sure if someone else may have asked the question but, why would one ever order well done prime rib??? I have checked on how to prepare the roast and most will say if you want it "well done" get another cut of meat, do not ruin it. Also, milk is not used in the hot chocolate, but did notice at least one other poster pointed that out. So much their own.

I like the end cut which is well done. It tastes less soggy. Getting a piece of meat cook the way you want shouldn't be an issue. They overcooked the Filet Mignon I ordered. Speaking of wasting a good cut of beef. Yes I eat because most I ask said throw it up before you throw out Filet Mignon. It stayed down but barely :eek:

Lesson, don't ask others what foods should enter your mouth, land in your stomach, and settle in your butt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by Blk_Amish