Beach at Carambola....

LarCourt

We're going to Carambola Beach resort on a day pass at St.Kitts Jan 7. Is anyone else going there wants to share a cab ride? I realize it's not a pricey ride, just thought I'd ask in case there's more ppl, we could do a minivan. marilyn dot graef 17 AT gmail dot com

We're going to Carambola Beach resort on a day pass at St.Kitts Jan 7. Is anyone else going there wants to share a cab ride? I realize it's not a pricey ride, just thought I'd ask in case there's more ppl, we could do a minivan. marilyn dot graef 17 AT gmail dot com

You should be posting this on your own Roll Call.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Where can you locate information about the day pass? I sent an email to them but have yet to hear back. Thanks

I have never heard of a "Day Pass" at Carambola, they do take reservations for a lounger & umbrella.

Where do I look or go to find out how to make reservations then? I've been on the site and FB, sent an email, and no response yet.

their e-mail address from the web site : reservations@carambolabeachclub.com

They are also on facebook, maybe your date conflicts with a scheduled event there and are not taking reservations ?

This is where I sent my email request (twice) with no response. Maybe so, but it would be nice to hear back one way or another. Oh well, thanks for trying. I appreciate it.

Anyone have the drink menu for Carambola? Wondering how much a bucket of Carib runs? or per beer?

If we have our chairs paid for at Carambola, will they be saved if we want to walk down to Shipwreck for an hour or so?

Thank you!

Anyone have the drink menu for Carambola? Wondering how much a bucket of Carib runs? or per beer?

If we have our chairs paid for at Carambola, will they be saved if we want to walk down to Shipwreck for an hour or so?

Thank you!

We were able to reserve 2 chairs and an umbrella! Yahoo :) This will be our second time visiting and yes, the 1st time we left our stuff on the chairs, took a nice looooooong walk/visit to Shipwreck, came back, and our stuff was left untouched :)

You've paid for them whether you sit in them or not. As long as your stuff is there indicating that you have not left, then they'll be there when you return.

I went to carambola last year and paid a lot of $ for nothing. I was disappointed that there were no chairs. Also the beach wasn't what I expected. This year we went to Reggae Beach club and it was amazing! White sand, great snorkeling, water sports, clean bathroom, bar and restaurant

I went to carambola last year and paid a lot of $ for nothing. I was disappointed that there were no chairs. Also the beach wasn't what I expected. This year we went to Reggae Beach club and it was amazing! White sand, great snorkeling, water sports, clean bathroom, bar and restaurant

I didn't think that there was white sand on St Kitts. Where is Reggae Beach Club, prices?, food? Chairs?, showers? Etc....

Reggae Beach Bar & Grill is located on Cockleshell Bay. It is at the far end of the SE Peninsula on St Kitts. There are several beach restaurant/bars there. At one on the beach is Reggae Beach Bar & Grill and at the opposite end is Spice Mill. There are several others located between them. The views across The Narrows to Nevis are spectacular. You will be able to find chairs, food & drink, restrooms but no white sand. The sand is beige in color and may be a little courser than the volcanic darker sand found on some of the other beaches.

We were able to reserve 2 chairs and an umbrella! Yahoo :) This will be our second time visiting and yes, the 1st time we left our stuff on the chairs, took a nice looooooong walk/visit to Shipwreck, came back, and our stuff was left untouched :)

You've paid for them whether you sit in them or not. As long as your stuff is there indicating that you have not left, then they'll be there when you return.

Thank you!

Reggae Beach Bar & Grill is located on Cockleshell Bay. It is at the far end of the SE Peninsula on St Kitts. There are several beach restaurant/bars there. At one on the beach is Reggae Beach Bar & Grill and at the opposite end is Spice Mill. There are several others located between them. The views across The Narrows to Nevis are spectacular. You will be able to find chairs, food & drink, restrooms but no white sand. The sand is beige in color and may be a little courser than the volcanic darker sand found on some of the other beaches.

Aren't there vendors at this beach? Also, a guy with monkeys? Just asking, because while it seems ike a fun atmosphere,not sure I would want the vendors, etc. Also how are the beach conditions, rocks, urchins, smooth?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you!

I am surprised that you have not heard back from them. I called to reserve 4 spots in September and had our reservations for 4 made that day. I know I am breaking protocol but you can go to their Facebook and can register there as well.

• 1 year later...

Just to update the info left in this thread:

- Carambola is at the NW end the beach at South Frairs Bay. Shipwreck Beach Bar is at the other end of the beach about 25 minutes walk away (at strolling speed). There are about four other bar/beaches between the two, but not all are open.

- Carambola has a lovely beach - all sand - starts out shallow, so good for kids. Also the South Friars bay is very picturesque. We saw no vendors strolling the beach, and we saw a couple of spots to rent jet skis and/or flyboards on our walk to Shipwreck beach.

- As others have said, the facilities are great - nice bathrooms, wooden flooring between the restaurant and to the beach. Plus I don't think reservations are necessary. While we were there (a few days ago), they had a group of 100's of people, and they accommodated all of them with chairs, etc. (although, they were bringing out chairs and umbrellas from storage for 2 hours to accommodate everyone)

- In 2018, Carambola charges $US10 for use of each chair, and $US20 for each umbrella, but they do not charge a 'resort fee'. Many chairs sit with towels/clothes marking 'ownership' for long periods as people are swimming, walking or eating in the restaurant, etc.

- You need to take a taxi/shuttle to get there, and normal rates are $US4 per person per way (same cost to get to Shipwreck beach, btw). We had no problem getting back to the ship - the taxi drivers were everywhere at times that people were heading back to the ships.

- Prices for the local beer are $US3 both at Carambola and Shipwreck (we bought a beer at each end and strolled the beach with beer in hand). I can't comment on the food prices or quality as we actually brought and ate a sandwich from the ship.

Is there any rule regarding chair rental? For example is it mandatory to rent a chair? Or is it ok to rent two chairs for four people, for example?
Not mandatory. We just laid towels on the sand. But there is limited shade - there are about 10 or 15 palm trees off to one side that offer some shade. So if you don't beetle to the beach right after arriving in St. Kitts, unless you love blazing sun you will have to rent an umbrella.

Actually next time we go to St. Kitts, we probably will go to Shipwreck Beach. There the chairs and umbrellas are free as long as you buy your drinks and food from the bar. The chairs and umbrellas are older though, and although the beach is still fine by our standards it is not as white and sandy as Carambola beach.

Redlats, thanks for the update. Did you also check out Discovery recently?

I can't decide between Carambola & Discovery.

My mum would prefer the more upmarket Carambola, but I think the snorkelling is better at Discovery?

Redlats, thanks for the update. Did you also check out Discovery recently?

I can't decide between Carambola & Discovery.

My mum would prefer the more upmarket Carambola, but I think the snorkelling is better at Discovery?

Sadly, Carambola is no longer considered upmarket by discerning cruisers.

Discovery is a short walk up the same beach from Carambola.