Bikini Question.....

BusyFLmom

I'm 57 and still wear one....I'm not overweight and am in pretty good shape. Of course, it's not a "thong" or string bikini....the bottoms have a bit more coverage than I'd wear if I was 18, but it's still a "below the hips" cut....

Wear what you feel good in. I wear mine because I HATE having a white belly from a 1 piece suit! I want as much tan all over as I can get....

Thank you everyone!!! I purchased a bikini at the end of season last year and now with our cruise rapidly approaching I am starting to wonder if I should. I will be 45 this year and in good shape. My husband says its sexy but I think he's bias :rolleyes: Just got to thinking that just because I can...doesnt necessarily mean I should.

I think mid-40's is still fine for a bikini, as long as you are in reasonably good shape. Or even if you're not, who cares lol! I'm 51 and still wear one. I run and workout a lot and am in pretty good shape, although I have noticed since I entered my 50's that my skin is getting "looser", which bugs the crap out of me but I'm trying to accept it since there is nothing I can do about it. I do feel a little more self-conscious in a bikini than I did a few years ago, but looking at my beach pictures from my cruise last week I find that I don't look as bad as I think I do!

Thank you everyone!!! I purchased a bikini at the end of season last year and now with our cruise rapidly approaching I am starting to wonder if I should. I will be 45 this year and in good shape. My husband says its sexy but I think he's bias :rolleyes: Just got to thinking that just because I can...doesnt necessarily mean I should.

I think if you like it and your husband thinks it's sexy, then that's all you need right there! Wearing something that you feel good in, and you know he likes you in, will give you that glow of confidence!

Age is a number...

it's how you look and feel.

If you think you look presentable, I don't think there should be any 'age limit'. If you know you are jiggly and untoned, maybe you might want to think about a one piece but if you are satisified with the shape of your shape :), enjoy wearing your bikini. The rest of us 'of a certain age' ladies will be jealous. :D

I will be 50 on my next BD and still wear a bikini. I workout and try to stay in the best shape that I can. I do however, wear the boy-shorts type of bottoms. this is just for my own comfort as we do a lot of snorkeling and such plus, I really like the way that they fit. I have an array of different type of tops. I wear a tankini type to snorkel and have regular bikini tops for by the pool. I like to do a few bottoms in solid colors that way I can mix and match different tops. Here is a pic of one of the suits that I have. I love it.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=boy+shorts+bikini&view=detail&id=81CED427969D9D44B1A89BF4B311F839A2F71716&first=0

Wear what makes YOU comfortable and have a great time on your cruise. :)

"if anything looks jiggly, stretched, or like cottage cheese, skip the bikini"

Unfortunately, for me at 55 yrs, the aforementioned description is of my thighs, not my belly or butt. So I exercise as much as possible, tan a little, which (IMO) camouflages it a bit, and wear the bikini anyway. DH does not like 1-piece suits. I do wear tankini tops depending on what the activity is going to be.

I will be 50 on my next BD and still wear a bikini. I workout and try to stay in the best shape that I can. I do however, wear the boy-shorts type of bottoms. this is just for my own comfort as we do a lot of snorkeling and such plus, I really like the way that they fit. I have an array of different type of tops. I wear a tankini type to snorkel and have regular bikini tops for by the pool. I like to do a few bottoms in solid colors that way I can mix and match different tops. Here is a pic of one of the suits that I have. I love it.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=boy+shorts+bikini&view=detail&id=81CED427969D9D44B1A89BF4B311F839A2F71716&first=0

Wear what makes YOU comfortable and have a great time on your cruise. :)

Nice swimsuit. :)

As I have matured....ehhemmm...I've discovered I really don't care much what everyone else thinks about my jiggly thighs or sagging upper arms. If they don't have anything better to do than to sit around and judge my poor, aging body, then I pity them...I'm too busy enjoying life to worry about it :D Selfconciousness is for the young...enjoy the freedom that comes with maturity! Don't you know that 50 is the new 30...so 45 must be the new 25, right!? :D

Archived