Thlasso pool

LV2COOK

Does the Constellation have one?

Yes, all the 'M' class Celebrity ships have them and are available to all adults.

The 'S' class ships Thalasso pools, as far as I am aware, are not available to all adults unless you are in a certain grade and upwards of stateroom. But I think one can use them for a fee if one is in a lower grade stateroom.

I am sure if I am wrong there will be a more informed CCer to correct me.

Yes, all the 'M' class Celebrity ships have them and are available to all adults.

The 'S' class ships Thalasso pools, as far as I am aware, are not available to all adults unless you are in a certain grade and upwards of stateroom. But I think one can use them for a fee if one is in a lower grade stateroom.

I am sure if I am wrong there will be a more informed CCer to correct me.

Is there a fee charged on the "M" class ships for the use of this pool? I was under the impression only certain classes of passengers are permitted feee use use of the pool and others who aren't of the "proper" class must pay the fee.

Is there a fee charged on the "M" class ships for the use of this pool? I was under the impression only certain classes of passengers are permitted feee use use of the pool and others who aren't of the "proper" class must pay the fee.

No fee. Perhaps you are confusing the T-pool with "Persian Garden" on the S-class ships.

To further answer the OP... the T-pool on Connie was very warm and relaxing, but unfortunately, the pool is in dire need of a fresh makeover. It is old and rusty looking (but still work fine!) Enjoy!

No fee. Perhaps you are confusing the T-pool with "Persian Garden" on the S-class ships.

To further answer the OP... the T-pool on Connie was very warm and relaxing, but unfortunately, the pool is in dire need of a fresh makeover. It is old and rusty looking (but still work fine!) Enjoy!

No, I am not confusing the T-pool with the Persian Garden. When I sailed the Galaxy in 2008, I seem to recall the T-pool on that ship was off-limits to certain classes of passengers. Hence, my question.

what's a thlasso pool? :-)

From Wikipedia: "Thalassotherapy (from the Greek word thalassa, meaning "sea") is the unproven medical use of seawater as a form of therapy. The properties of seawater are believed to have beneficial effects upon the pores of the skin."

On the M class ships it is a warm water pool with areas inset into the sides that have a "lounger" made of tubes where the water underneath you is agitated similar to a jacuzzi spa.

This is the T-pool on the Infinity before her recent refurbishing. The inset area closest to the camera is that jucuzzi type area - another one is on the other side of the pool. The closer one has the jets on. There are also tubes at each corner of the pool where you can stand under the water pouring out:

Infinity%20T%20pool.JPG

There are no Thalasso pools on the S class ships. Only on the M class and on the Century, where a fee is charged for use. The Galaxy is no longer owned by Celebrity.

Has X kept the same features of the Solarium T' pools on the M class ships after they've gone through "Solsticizing"? Specifically, have they kept the powerful waterfall jets in the corners? The lounge chairs built into the sides of the pools? Or have they solsticized it into a plain pool, without these two features? I hope they've kept them, as I like them the best of all the X pools.

Well, duh!!!!! No kidding, eh? If you take note, when I made reference to the Galaxy, I referred to it as back in 2008 when I sailed on the Galaxy. At that point in time, the Galaxy was a part of the Celebrity fleet. I did not say or imply the Galaxy was still part of the Celebrity fleet. :eek:

Sorry, wasn't correcting you, just providing information for the OP in case they did not know it had been sold. No offense meant.

Has X kept the same features of the Solarium T' pools on the M class ships after they've gone through "Solsticizing"? Specifically, have they kept the powerful waterfall jets in the corners? The lounge chairs built into the sides of the pools? Or have they solsticized it into a plain pool, without these two features? I hope they've kept them, as I like them the best of all the X pools.

T-pool on Constellation retained all the existing features after Solsticizing.

As has been noted, S-class has never had T-pools. The T-pools on C-class ships [Century, Galaxy, Mercury] had much more powerful water jets than the M-class T-pools. C-class T pools were restricted use [essentially included for suites, extra fee for others]. When the Century had a major overhaul some years ago they removed its T-pool.

Technically speaking I'm not sure if Galaxy and Mercury [now Mein Schiff 1 and Mein Schiff 2]have been sold by RCCL, as RCCL has a joint ownership [along with TUI AG] in TUI Cruises. There were accounting transactions among various operating units, but whether it was really a sale I'm not sure.

Thom

[To further answer the OP... the T-pool on Connie was very warm and relaxing, but unfortunately, the pool is in dire need of a fresh makeover. It is old and rusty looking (but still work fine!) Enjoy!

I hate that I must agree with you. We were just on the Connie for the fourth time and I was shocked at the condition of the T Pool . It may still be warm and wonderful to swim or relax in but I could not bring myself to sit on the very rusty lounger sides. It was and is my only complaint about that ship ( other than not keeping the 14 day cruises). I suggested on my coment card they need to replace those bars. You could really notice how discolored they are if the water was swishing a bit fom side to side from the motiion of the ship.

As has been noted, S-class has never had T-pools. The T-pools on C-class ships [Century, Galaxy, Mercury] had much more powerful water jets than the M-class T-pools. C-class T pools were restricted use [essentially included for suites, extra fee for others]. When the Century had a major overhaul some years ago they removed its T-pool.

Technically speaking I'm not sure if Galaxy and Mercury [now Mein Schiff 1 and Mein Schiff 2]have been sold by RCCL, as RCCL has a joint ownership [along with TUI AG] in TUI Cruises. There were accounting transactions among various operating units, but whether it was really a sale I'm not sure.

Thom

Thank you, Thom, for corroborating what I recall being told i.e. the T-pool was only available at no charge for certain classes.

Your post is very much appreciated. It becomes really tiresome to be constantly told in these forums that I am wrong about what I recall about things or incidents that I have experienced on past sailings.

Hi Tinkerbellcgy, just seen your question. There is no fee charged on the 'M' class ships - all adults can use it. With the 'S' class ships it is a different matter. Not every grade of cabin can use the thlasso pool for free, as far as I am aware, but some of the higher grade cabins are allowed free access.

Hi Tinkerbellcgy, just seen your question. There is no fee charged on the 'M' class ships - all adults can use it. With the 'S' class ships it is a different matter. Not every grade of cabin can use the thlasso pool for free, as far as I am aware, but some of the higher grade cabins are allowed free access.

As previously mentioned...on the S Class ships...there are no T Pools. There is the Solarium pool, and the Solarium is available to all adults(age 16 and older) regardless of cabin category ! A wonderful place to spend some time !!

Enjoy !

Woody

As previously mentioned...on the S Class ships...there are no T Pools. There is the Solarium pool, and the Solarium is available to all adults(age 16 and older) regardless of cabin category ! A wonderful place to spend some time !!

Enjoy !

Woody

I wonder if that rule is enforced. I sure hope so. The one and only Celebrity cruise we did was on the Millieum nearly 10 years ago and the T-pool was FILLED w/kids. They had a record number of children on board (600) and there wasn't anything anyone could do about it. also, young kids running w/wet bathing suits in that beautiful speciality restaurant (Olympic?) back and forth to see their parents....thought the waiters were going to have a heart attack....no one was prepared for so many children.

Hopefully, the passengers adhere to that policy because I already know that the cruise line can do very little, if anything at all, to enforce these type of rules.

Keeping my fingers crossed for our Solstice TA.

:-)

Just came back from a sailing on the millinium and the t-pool was my favorite thing to enjoy every day! It is a shame that the solstice class ships do not have these pools. The solarium pools on the s class are wonderful, but the t-pool is just so incredibly relaxing! The t-pool on the Millie was in excellent condition and beautiful. No complaints what so ever from me. No kids either, at least on my sailing. Not one was seen in that t-pool area. Only supposed to be 18 and up.

Here are 2 photos of the t-pool on the Milli from last week. It was beautiful.

5e4ca9b3.jpg

7417c28e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Previously, on the Century class ships, the T pool was in the enclosed spa area. It was small. Therefore there was a fee for it's use for those not in suites. The only C class ship left is the Century. The T pool was removed a few years ago.

When the M class was built, the T pool was placed in a more open area. Because of the easy access, there is no fee for use. It is generally limited to adult use. There have been some exceptions in cold weather.

When the S class was designed, they did not include a T pool in the design.

Archived