RCCL vs. Holland

wailea4me

I have been on several HAL cruisetours. Holland America cruisetours are well organized and educational. The Holland America rail dome cars are very comfortable and all seats face forward. They will provide educational materials and narration. The food in the dining room is excellent. The busses have lots of leg room and will stop every two hours for a bathroom break. They will also stop for moose, bears, and a caribou herd when driving on the open road and it is safe to stop. The seasonal workers (lots of college kids and teachers) really seem to enjoy showing you what Alaska has to offer.

I have been on several HAL cruisetours. Holland America cruisetours are well organized and educational. The Holland America rail dome cars are very comfortable and all seats face forward. They will provide educational materials and narration. The food in the dining room is excellent. The busses have lots of leg room and will stop every two hours for a bathroom break. They will also stop for moose, bears, and a caribou herd when driving on the open road and it is safe to stop. The seasonal workers (lots of college kids and teachers) really seem to enjoy showing you what Alaska has to offer.

Thanks for this! I've actually been wondering about Holland America for awhile now, I'm really tempted to book with them.

Most important decision with any cruisetour, go for as long as you can afford, and educate yourself on EVERY detail of interior Alaska touring. Most people make wrong assumptions based on the "vague" descriptions. Factor in TIME, route, transit, destinations. Be certain, the tour is going to where you want to be. I don't understand some decisions which have "down" days in the mix, with gross shortages elsewhere in the itinerary. Pick the right cruisetour, for you, to begin with. Most are unwilling to make changes later.

I took a quick look at the HAL site and was quickly overwhelmed at the number of cruise tours they offer.:confused:

It looks like Princess also has a wide array of options as well.

I would also look at doing it on your own with rental cars and the AK RR or through Grey Line

Archived