Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

Morning / Evening all,

Thank the lord for the search option as this thread is exactly what i was looking for.

The old "trouble {and strife}" and I have just booked the 24/09/12 Equinox East Med cruise from Rome.

My question is thus

Drinks up to $5 / $8 Classic OR $12 Premium is this the "list price" or the price after the 15% has been added as this will determine which package I go for.

Also mixed drinks ie G&T Rum & Coke etc is the $8 just the price for for Gin or the price for th G&T and again is it he list or the list plus the te gratuity.

I am aware that any package bought will obiviously be upped by the 15% but how the "included drinks" are claculated will determine which one I go for

So my easy example would be

Gin $7 (eg) tonic $1.10 (eg) gratuity $1.20 total = $9.30 if paid for at a bar.

Is this covered in the classic as the spirit is under the $8?

Even more straight forward would be

Beer $5 tip .75c total $5.75 if paid for at bar - again is this covered under the classic?

We were on Grandeur (sadly mis-named) last when we first came across the "all inclusive" idea I think it was $30 per day basic had quite a few "discussions":cool: when I ordered a Guiness and Magners as I only had the one package - I had to ask for the long glass to prove it was mixed and drank together - luurverrly ;)

Oh the last we went on X was Infinity (i think) through the panama Canal went to the Bingo on the last day for jackpot and only blooming won it "Housey Housey" :D. Not too popular with he regualars but very popular with out regular bar tenders who each got a very nice tip.

Thanks all

The menu prices are before gratuity. If the listed price is within the package guides then the drink is included in the package.

Beer $5 tip .75c total $5.75 if paid for at bar - again is this covered under the classic?

This would be included. Aunt Rosie had the classic package and most everything she ordered, well drinks etc, was included.

Good fun reading the beverage package posts again . We were on Solstice last Jan in the Caribbean and both had the Premium packages which were a fantastic way to go for us after months of pouring over all the posts in the Sticky. ( no pun intended )

. We are now booked on Solstice again in March ( Australia ) and Millenium in May ( Alaska ) . We plan on buying the Premium packages again but would certainly like to buy these at a reduced sale rate if and when they are offered . Does anyone have any information about the likelihood on a beverage package sale or discount occuring for 2013 cruises mentioned above ? Maybe there will be a price increase ? :eek::eek::eek:

Just got off the Solstice and had the premium drink package. It worked out well. We used it for coffees and teas at Cafe al Bacio as well as the bars and at dinner. The only strange thing was at the sailaway we ordered the special sail away drink and the lady said it didn't cover that drink but she would give it to us anyways. She said to sign for it because her boss was watching(?).... No problems otherwise.

Does anyone know if it will work to buy one drinks package and use it for the two of us? I drink coke and my husband beer or wine otherwise we will never drink for the kind of money the drinks package cost!

Does anyone know if it will work to buy one drinks package and use it for the two of us? I drink coke and my husband beer or wine otherwise we will never drink for the kind of money the drinks package cost!

How bout just ordering and paying for what you DO drink?

We did it and it works just fine. Hand them that little plastic seapass card when they give you something and like magic they charge you for just that item.

Sure...just don't get caught...Cheers..!!!

If you use your single seapass to provide drinks to two people at your table, it probably will be noticed and you could have consequences, such as termination of your seapass ordering privileges for the duration of the cruise. The staff does watch for such things. It would be obvious that the soft drink you ordered ten minutes ago is being drunk by your spouse if you then order a beer for yourself and the spouse still has the soft drink sitting in front of her. Soft drinks are only $2 per serving, so don't play games with them over that sort of money.

I've adjusted a drink calculator I found here on the message boards in order to figure out what we would spend on drinks with and without a package. Just plug in what you think you'd drink in a day and compare it with the cost of the package below. You can look at the per day totals as well as the full length of the cruise. You must also fill in the length of the cruise.

I've used average costs for beer and wine...there are obviously more expensive beer and wines available. Feel free to adjust the prices of the drinks as well as I was going from memory of my last cruise which was over 1.5yrs ago:-)

Enjoy!

Colleen

Drinks calculator for Celebrity Cruises 2012.xls

I've adjusted a drink calculator I found here on the message boards in order to figure out what we would spend on drinks with and without a package. Just plug in what you think you'd drink in a day and compare it with the cost of the package below. You can look at the per day totals as well as the full length of the cruise. You must also fill in the length of the cruise.

I've used average costs for beer and wine...there are obviously more expensive beer and wines available. Feel free to adjust the prices of the drinks as well as I was going from memory of my last cruise which was over 1.5yrs ago:-)

Enjoy!

Colleen

Very easy to use. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

• 2 weeks later...

If this helps, I just came back from the infinity, bought the premium alcoholic package and had no problem sharing it with the rest of my cabin mates. In fact, my tablemates talked the waiter into consistently bringing them soft drinks for her husband and best friend. He would bring one for her, and then 5 minutes later bring one for her husband, and then 5 minutes later another one for the best friend. So much for Celebrity's " staff who was specially trained to spot out people who are sharing". Personally, I think its built into the price, they purposefully make it so expensive because they know chances are you'll end up sharing it.

Every time, I ordered a drink I wrote it down and kept a tally on how much I was drinking so that i made sure i got my $$'s worth. I found that for me at least, a basic alcoholic package would have sufficed.

Hope that helps:D

If this helps, I just came back from the infinity, bought the premium alcoholic package and had no problem sharing it with the rest of my cabin mates. In fact, my tablemates talked the waiter into consistently bringing them soft drinks for her husband and best friend. He would bring one for her, and then 5 minutes later bring one for her husband, and then 5 minutes later another one for the best friend. So much for Celebrity's " staff who was specially trained to spot out people who are sharing". Personally, I think its built into the price, they purposefully make it so expensive because they know chances are you'll end up sharing it.

Every time, I ordered a drink I wrote it down and kept a tally on how much I was drinking so that i made sure i got my $$'s worth. I found that for me at least, a basic alcoholic package would have sufficed.

You started a thread about beverage package stickers ( http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=34933287 ) where you stated "Having my participation printed on the card is " classier" then just having some shoddy sticker...." Then you proceed to use your classy card to rip off Celebrity? What I really don't understand is why you found it necessary to keep a tally on what you drank to insure breaking even if you were already sharing the package with your cabin mates. What was the grand total for all of you? :confused: Sorry, I just have no respect for cheaters.

I never got the " classier" card. Even when I reported my card as lost and they gave me another one. Which actually lead to an interesting situation, The Pool butlers tend to want to serve you drinks when you're in the Thallosotherapy pool or whirlpool. But I'd need to have my card. I figured out, that if I gave my fake card to the spa lady to get my locker key, then i can have my real card for the butler to swipe.

I never said that it was to ensure " breaking even", It was simply a logistics exercise to keep track of what I drank and how much the drink costs otherwise there would be no way to tell at the end whether buying the package was actually worth it. My cabin mates don't drink alcohol i just got them Water and coffee.

"Sharing" a beverage package is the same as stealing. I suppose it wouldn't bother you to shoplift some items at a store, because retailers have "built it into the price". Karma has a way of catching up with people like you.

"Hope that helps":D

Tacky, or a Troll, hard to say which. Both perhaps?

"Tablemates" I didn't know them. They were simply people I shared a table with. A mormon couple and their best friend.

So that was five others then that you got drinks for? Six people shared a card that was intended to be used for just one person?? Oooooh boy....

Wow you boast about this? The beverage package specifically states it is per person and not for sharing. You should be embarassed and the servers should be fired for perpetrating the deception / theft. Because that's what it was.

• 2 weeks later...