ironing the cloths

hapiface

Question #1...I was just wondering if we need to bring a steamer for our cloths? Or and Iron?

Question#2...my husband said that we can bring 2 bottles of booze or wine onto the ship in Vancouver duty free with no questions asked? Is that right?

Question #3...I drink 6-8 bottles of water a day! Can I also bring lots of water on the cruise ship from Vancouver Port to start me out to use the water package to keep me hydrated so I do not have an anxiety attack because I am going to run out in 2 days to have to buy another water package?

I should just buy the Diamond package of wine, forget the water and have one hell of a good time from am to pm? Not a bad idea now that I think of it..

but I could use the extra information if anyone could shed the light on these 3 questions.

Irons aren't allowed to be brought on by any cruiseline that I'm aware of....some ships have self-laundries with irons...some don't. Which line are you using? Steamers are generally allowed.

As far as bringing booze....some will allow wine...none allow hard liquor to be brought aboard. Some lines will let you purchase a bottle of liquor from them for use in your cabin (at inflated prices!)

Water is readily available on the ship...bring a refillable bottle. Most lines will allow a reasonable amount of water or soda to be brought aboard.

Knowing your cruiseline will allow us to be more specific with our answers!

Question #1...I was just wondering if we need to bring a steamer for our cloths? Or and Iron? No irons or steamers allowed, they are fire hazards. Ships with a self serve laundry will have ironing boards and irons. Ship without - you can send anything that needs pressing out for a small fee.

Question#2...my husband said that we can bring 2 bottles of booze or wine onto the ship in Vancouver duty free with no questions asked? Is that right? You'd have to check with whichever cruiseline you're on.

Question #3...I drink 6-8 bottles of water a day! Can I also bring lots of water on the cruise ship from Vancouver Port to start me out to use the water package to keep me hydrated so I do not have an anxiety attack because I am going to run out in 2 days to have to buy another water package? Again, check with your cruiseline what beverages you're allowed to bring onboard. BTW, the water onboard is processed the same way the water in bottled water is. It's just as good.

I should just buy the Diamond package of wine, forget the water and have one hell of a good time from am to pm? Not a bad idea now that I think of it..

but I could use the extra information if anyone could shed the light on these 3 questions.

My input in red.

:)

Sorry, irons are not allowed. Some lines have self-service laundries with irons for passenger use.

Most but not all allow passengers to carry on at least one bottle of wine.

You would be better served posting this on the are for your cruise line.

Question#2...my husband said that we can bring 2 bottles of booze or wine onto the ship in Vancouver duty free with no questions asked? Is that right?...

I assume you are sailing Royal Caribbean since you posted one other time on that board. The simple reply is no alcohol of any kind is allowed (wine, champagne, hard liquor) to be brought on at embarkation, smuggled or otherwise. If you bring it on and you are caught with it either in your luggage or in your carry-on, it will be conviscated.

I assume you are sailing Royal Caribbean since you posted one other time on that board. The simple reply is no alcohol of any kind is allowed (wine, champagne, hard liquor) to be brought on at embarkation, smuggled or otherwise. If you bring it on and you are caught with it either in your luggage or in your carry-on, it will be conviscated.

DH just told me he has a co-worker that cruises Carnival. They always take alcohol on, split up between all their bags. He reports that at least half of what they take on always gets confiscated. :rolleyes:

DH just told me he has a co-worker that cruises Carnival. They always take alcohol on, split up between all their bags. He reports that at least half of what they take on always gets confiscated.

Umm, well I'm not sure why you quoted me.... OP is sailing on RCI and thus, I mentioned their policy. I have never sailed Carnival, never read their alcohol policy, can't comment. *shrug*

You have to check re the specific line and ship you are sailing on.

Some ships have laundry facilities with irons for the passengers to use. Some ship have irons to lend.

To take wine on board depends completely on which cruise line. If you are on Princess then you can bring on your two bottles of wine with no problem.

Some lines charge a corkage fee, some allow a bottle or two, some allow whatever you carry, some don't allow you to bring any wine on board.

The water on cruise ships is very high quality, so all you need to do is bring a refillable bottle and you are all set.

Question #1...I was just wondering if we need to bring a steamer for our cloths? Or and Iron?

Question#2...my husband said that we can bring 2 bottles of booze or wine onto the ship in Vancouver duty free with no questions asked? Is that right?

Question #3...I drink 6-8 bottles of water a day! Can I also bring lots of water on the cruise ship from Vancouver Port to start me out to use the water package to keep me hydrated so I do not have an anxiety attack because I am going to run out in 2 days to have to buy another water package?

No need to worry about where you are going to get water from.................. there is nothing wrong with the water out of the faucets. You do not have to buy a water package or bring your own. It's just a money making scheme.

Umm, well I'm not sure why you quoted me.... OP is sailing on RCI and thus, I mentioned their policy. I have never sailed Carnival, never read their alcohol policy, can't comment. *shrug*

Sorry, brain freeze, I guess. I was talking to DH at the time I was reading & posting and he told me about the guy at work. I guess I was seeing Carnival somewhere in there. :(

My input in red.

<snip>No irons or steamers allowed, they are fire hazards. <snip>

Travel steamers are allowed on RCI and several other cruise lines. In fact, RCI sells them in the onboard gift shops! Travel versions are not fire hazards because they are low wattage, have auto-shutoff, and do not get hot enough to cause fires. In fact, almost all travel irons are also low wattage, have auto-shutoff, and are generally not fire hazards. Most of them get no hotter than hair curling irons and take less power than standard blow dryers, but most cruise lines prohibit travel irons anyway. To single out travel irons as fire hazards while allowing everything else is IMO hypocritical, but those are the rules. (As an aside, travel irons are banned, so we do not try to sneak them on. Just because we don't think it's a good rule doesn't mean we break it.)

beachchick

I am not a dare devil...I freak out when I see a cop car. I definately do not want to see the cruise police and never thought about the voltage. I am a person that more is better, but not here. I will wait until I get there and if I need one I will buy the steamer on board. That will be a reason to go on another cruise just so I can use it if I need too. Thank you

Archived