Please help me to understand Celebrity staterooms

butternut1

Hello everyone. My hubby and I are thinking of booking a cruise with Celebrity for the first time. We have always sailed in a mini suite on Princess. We have gone to the celebrity website and have tried to understand the difference in the staterooms and unfortunately, we keep ending up more confused. :o Can anyone please help us out? The stateroom that we are interested in is the Deluxe Ocean View Veranda. We are confused about the option of Veranda, Aquaclass and Concierge class. Can anyone tell us what the difference is? Is one room larger than the other? The mini suite on Princess is 323 sq ft including balcony. I would love to get something comparable but from what I can understand unless we go further up the scale, the staterooms are a bit smaller. I think we can deal with that though. Just so confused about all of the options. We are looking to try to get a stateroom about midway ship. If anyone can help answer our questions, we would truly appreciate it.. Thanks so much.

Hello everyone. My hubby and I are thinking of booking a cruise with Celebrity for the first time. We have always sailed in a mini suite on Princess. We have gone to the celebrity website and have tried to understand the difference in the staterooms and unfortunately, we keep ending up more confused. :o Can anyone please help us out? The stateroom that we are interested in is the Deluxe Ocean View Veranda. We are confused about the option of Veranda, Aquaclass and Concierge class. Can anyone tell us what the difference is? Is one room larger than the other? The mini suite on Princess is 323 sq ft including balcony. I would love to get something comparable but from what I can understand unless we go further up the scale, the staterooms are a bit smaller. I think we can deal with that though. Just so confused about all of the options. We are looking to try to get a stateroom about midway ship. If anyone can help answer our questions, we would truly appreciate it.. Thanks so much.

On the S Class ship all the cabins you mention are the same size. There are some balconies on the Hump that are larger and are generally the most sought after.The difference in the cabin classes you mentioned is in what you get with each category. Nothing special in the Deluxe Veranda. The Concierge cabins get a bottle od sparkling wine, a bowl of fruit that is refreshed as you use it. Upgraded towels, etc.. The Aqua Clas (my favorite) gives all that Concierge gives plus: Blu is your dining venue; free bottled water, flavored tea (not my favorite; upgraded shower; free unlimited use of the Persian Gardens. There are dozens of threads on Aqua Class and you may want to read a few. If you seek a larger cabin you might consider a Sky Suite. The Suites come with a Butler and the ability to dine in Blu for a $5 pp per day charge if space is available. You also get a comp. dinner for 2 in the Specialty Resturant of your choice if cruise is at least 7 days. Hopethis helps.

If you do want to go larger than the Veranda/Aquaclass/Concierge cabins, you might look into an S2 cabin. They are less expensive than the S1s and I think they are comparable in size to the Princess mini-suites. An aft S2 would be wonderful.

Unfortunately Celebrity doesn't have the equivalent of the Princess mini-suite. The closest would be sky suite but the price upgrade from veranda to sky suite is much steeper than the price difference from veranda to mini suite on Princess.

To suppliment what Orator said above, I'll add that the CC cabins on the M class ship are a little larger than the lower level veranda cabins. On M class we usually select a CC cabin because of this.

These are the Family Veranda Balcony rooms. This is the 2nd year in a row we got one on the Infinity. They might vary from ship to ship. You usually need 4 or 5 people to book them but sometimes they release them for 2 people....like us.

They are a bit cheaper than the 'S' rooms but the rooms are bigger than the 'S' & the balconies are way bigger.

I think we have been lucky because we travel in May before schools are out so they apparently have trouble booking these rooms.

We just diligently watch the Internet for one to pop up & then grab it. They go VERY fast.

Nothing to lose by calling Celebrity & asking them if one is available for your particular cruise.

Margie

We've gone with Mini-Suite on Princess because their standard SR didn't have enough room for enteraining guests, but although the standard Celebrity SR is smaller than the mini-suite, it is bigger than the Princess standard SR. It has a couch and enough room for another couple to join you, and more room for manuevering. So we stick with the Celebrity SR (saves good amount of money!). The mini-suite was larger, but I didn't really need (or like) the bathtub in those. The S-Class Celebrity showers are larger and have a a rounded glass door that I Love! No wet/sticky curtain.

Enjoy!

Den

Margie

We've gone with Mini-Suite on Princess because their standard SR didn't have enough room for enteraining guests, but although the standard Celebrity SR is smaller than the mini-suite, it is bigger than the Princess standard SR. It has a couch and enough room for another couple to join you, and more room for manuevering. So we stick with the Celebrity SR (saves good amount of money!). The mini-suite was larger, but I didn't really need (or like) the bathtub in those. The S-Class Celebrity showers are larger and have a a rounded glass door that I Love! No wet/sticky curtain.

Enjoy!

Den

Definitely sounds like it could work. Thanks so much, Den

And thanks for acknowledging those that respond to your posts. So many people start a thread and ask for help, and we never hear from them on what they decided or how helpful the info was. I realize we don't 'owe' each other explanations, but it's great you thanked the posters.....classy.

enjoy your cruise and standby to get hooked!

Den

And thanks for acknowledging those that respond to your posts. So many people start a thread and ask for help, and we never hear from them on what they decided or how helpful the info was. I realize we don't 'owe' each other explanations, but it's great you thanked the posters.....classy.

Den

Awww, thanks, Den. That was very nice. Honestly, the way I feel about it is that if someone is kind enough to take their time to help you, the least you can do is extend your thanks. I just hope that there will come a day that I can help others with their questions on these boards. For the most part it's a great community. Thanks to people like you and everyone else who replies to questions, I've learned a great deal about cruising. Thanks again!!

Den

AMEN !!

Awww, thanks, Den. That was very nice. Honestly, the way I feel about it is that if someone is kind enough to take their time to help you, the least you can do is extend your thanks. I just hope that there will come a day that I can help others with their questions on these boards. For the most part it's a great community. Thanks to people like you and everyone else who replies to questions, I've learned a great deal about cruising. Thanks again!!

And classy but again !!

Hi Butternut1,

I don't have much to add... my colleagues have done a great job in describing the various Categories of Staterooms (I for one am hooked on Concierge Class).

And as noted, keep in mind that there can be slight differences between the "classes" of Celebrity's Ships as well when it comes to Stateroom Sizes... so the NEWER Solstice Class Ships (circa 2008 thru 2012 - Solstice - Equinox - Eclipse - Silhoutte - and Refelction) and say the Millenium Class Ships (circa 2000 thru 2002 - Millenium - Infinity - Summit - Constellation)

But if you have any further Questions that I can help with... I would certainly be glad to help you.

Your "attitude" is both refreshing & infectious, I might add !!!

As someone who has recently taken my own first cruise on Celebrity (we are NEW Cruisers)... you will find that I have several posts on this Board that can aid you as you take a look at various elements of this cruiseline... topics including - Service Charges / Gratuities / Extra Tipping - Beverage Packages (particulary the AYCD Alcoholic Ones) - 2012 Celebrity Wine Lists - and Storage on S-Class Ships.

Need help finding your way around... or have further needs, just ask... it will be a pleasure to help you.

Cheers!

AMEN !!

And classy but again !!

Hi Butternut1,

I don't have much to add... my colleagues have done a great job in describing the various Categories of Staterooms (I for one am hooked on Concierge Class).

And as noted, keep in mind that there can be slight differences between the "classes" of Celebrity's Ships as well when it comes to Stateroom Sizes... so the NEWER Solstice Class Ships (circa 2008 thru 2012 - Solstice - Equinox - Eclipse - Silhoutte - and Refelction) and say the Millenium Class Ships (circa 2000 thru 2002 - Millenium - Infinity - Summit - Constellation)

But if you have any further Questions that I can help with... I would certainly be glad to help you.

Your "attitude" is both refreshing & infectious, I might add !!!

As someone who has recently taken my own first cruise on Celebrity (we are NEW Cruisers)... you will find that I have several posts on this Board that can aid you as you take a look at various elements of this cruiseline... topics including - Service Charges / Gratuities / Extra Tipping - Beverage Packages (particulary the AYCD Alcoholic Ones) - 2012 Celebrity Wine Lists - and Storage on S-Class Ships.

Need help finding your way around... or have further needs, just ask... it will be a pleasure to help you.

Cheers!

That is awesome, JohnB. I will check out these topics as I have a feeling that there will be some differences in Celebrity and Princess. One thing I've noticed so far is that Princess fares seem to be higher than Celebrity. I also noticed that Celebrity offers a complete 14 day cruise whereas they do not go back to Ft. Lauderdale until the completion of the full 14 days. I love this!!! Princess has 14 day cruises but it's pretty much broken down into two 7 day cruises. We just came off of the Crown Princess last Thursday. Yes, the 4 days to nowhere cruise. Noro hit hard for the second consecutive time. We're anxious to cruise again and just thought that Celebrity may be a nice change. Thanks so much for your help!

This is all new to me as I have no idea about cabin sizes.

I am on the 17 March sailing of Eclipse which is my 1st cruise ever.

My wife and I are celebrating our silver anniversary and I am really looking forward to our cruise.

Thanks for information of the difference in the cabins.

We have a Deluxe Ocean View with Veranda on deck 7.

I am just like a kid waiting on Christmas for the trip to start.

My wife and I are celebrating our silver anniversary and I am really looking forward to our cruise.

Look forward to greeting you on that cruise. Congrats on your anniversary. We celebrated our 45th on Millennium in January.

Oh, that is so great. I am so excited for you both. Hope you have an absolutely wonderful time!

Look forward to greeting you on that cruise. Congrats on your anniversary. We celebrated our 45th on Millennium in January.

I am looking forward to meeting you too. It will be strange for you hearing the Scottish accent and our strange Scots words.

I also see someone left on St Patricks day 2 years ago and they had a Paddys day party. Do you think we will have one as that will be amazing.

Oh, that is so great. I am so excited for you both. Hope you have an absolutely wonderful time!

Thank you very much. I am sure we will.

Archived