Breakfast close to the Intercontinental Miami

Larrydano

Sharon and I will be staying for one night pre NCL Epic cruise ath the Intercontinental Miami. We are looking for somewhere close to have breakfast. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last June we found that Tradewinds Bar & Grill at Bayside was open for breakfast early. It was basic breakfast fare, omelets, pancakes, etc. and was pretty good. I think we got there around 9:30-10am.

It's tough to tell what's open at that time around there as there are people milling around cleaning but most places are closed.

Have fun! :)

Sharon and I will be staying for one night pre NCL Epic cruise ath the Intercontinental Miami. We are looking for somewhere close to have breakfast. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

There's and Offerdahl's Cafe just up on the corner of SE 2nd St & NE3rd Ave a couple of blocks west of the hotel that has bagels and breaksfast sandwiches and such. Decent coffee as I recall. Union Square right on Biscayne and 2nd might be a better choice food and service wise, but I don't believe they open until 11 AM. Likewise for DamnGoodBurgers (Mods--don't ding me, that's the actual name of the joint). There may be a place or two in the food court of Bayside Marketplace open for breakfast,like Starbucks, Donut Factory or Subway.

Bayside is the easiest place to go. There are two or three spots. If you are there the day before for a meal or shopping, check out the hours fo the restaurants. It is true that MOST places will still be closed when you arrive for your breakfast. Unless you are eating after 10:30 when I believe the stores are opened.

Bayside is the easiest place to go. There are two or three spots. If you are there the day before for a meal or shopping, check out the hours fo the restaurants. It is true that MOST places will still be closed when you arrive for your breakfast. Unless you are eating after 10:30 when I believe the stores are opened.

There's a good cuban breakfast bar place in there, have no idea the name, but good pastries, meat pies, breakfast sandwiches, espresso, etc. Usually where we go.

There's a good Cuban breakfast bar place in there, have no idea the name, but good pastries, meat pies, breakfast sandwiches, espresso, etc. Usually where we go.

We have eaten breakfast here several times but I can't remember the name either. The food was very good. We just walked over to Bayside and read the different menu's for breakfast and picked a place.

Laura

We have eaten breakfast here several times but I can't remember the name either. The food was very good. We just walked over to Bayside and read the different menu's for breakfast and picked a place.

Laura

Maybe it doesn't have a name:confused::) It is good though, quick, quiet, cheap.

There's a Starbucks in the lobby.

Although I'm not the OP, I had this question too. We plan on leaving for the port around 10 or 10:30 am so didn't want something too big since we will be eating on the ship.

If you know there is a Starbucks at the InterContinental, this will be fine. We can get tea/coffee and a muffin or something of the sorts from there.

Thanks sooo much! One thing checked off my silly list of things I need to know LOL

Here's a thread with lots and lots of details, links to menus, and times of operations of some of the breakfast options near the Intercontinental.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1468965

I walked up to the CVS (1 block up on SE 2nd St) and there was another breakfast diner near there also.

If you have access to Urbanspoon you can see there are also several places that serve breakfast within a 3-4 block walk of the hotel.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/nf/12/1113/1107/Miami/Downtown-Miami/Brunch-Spots

Although I'm not the OP, I had this question too. We plan on leaving for the port around 10 or 10:30 am so didn't want something too big since we will be eating on the ship.

If you know there is a Starbucks at the InterContinental, this will be fine. We can get tea/coffee and a muffin or something of the sorts from there.

Thanks sooo much! One thing checked off my silly list of things I need to know LOL

It's in the lobby level, on the other side of the rock from checkin;)

• 2 months later...
There's and Offerdahl's Cafe just up on the corner of SE 2nd St & NE3rd Ave a couple of blocks west of the hotel that has bagels and breaksfast sandwiches and such. Decent coffee as I recall. Union Square right on Biscayne and 2nd might be a better choice food and service wise, but I don't believe they open until 11 AM. Likewise for DamnGoodBurgers (Mods--don't ding me, that's the actual name of the joint). There may be a place or two in the food court of Bayside Marketplace open for breakfast,like Starbucks, Donut Factory or Subway.

we tried to go to Offerdahl's Cafe last July from Intercontinental, but the downtown location isn't open for breakfast, at least on Sunday. we ended up at the Starbucks around the corner. not too great, but it just had to get us by until we got on the ship.

Depends how far you want to go.

The best and most popular is Balan's in Mary Brickell Village if you want the party to start early right across the way from Balans is Fado Irish Pub, have the Almond French Toast with a pint of Guinness :D

Deli Lane is also good. Pasha's offers cheap casual Mediterranean fare.

Le Boudoir

Roho Cafe

Croissant D'or

Sedici Cafe

Bryan in the Kitchen (Saturday Only)

Emily's

You could also just walk down Flagler Street and see what looks happening.

If you want to have breakfast like a native though, find a Cuban Cafeteria (the one in Bayside is fine). Order a cafe con leche and a tostada. Dunk the bread in the milk and coffee...thank me later. If you need a little more to fill you have a pastelito, my favorite is guava and cheese.

Yogi

Archived