Valor is being relocated

Arizona cruisers

I got a call from my PVP this afternoon that the Valor is going to San Juan for the S. Caribbean route. When I looked on 'Manage My Cruises' our 3/10/2013 Valor trip has been removed. John Heald mentioned on facebook that there would be several announcements about ships coming out tomorrow. Perhaps the Victory will be moved to Tampa? Oh well...I am now looking for a different cruise...perhaps Panama Canal Miracle repo. Some very interesting and different itineraries in the works. Anyone else getting calls or seeing cruises disappear when you log in?

I got a call from my PVP this afternoon that the Valor is going to San Juan for the S. Caribbean route. When I looked on 'Manage My Cruises' our 3/10/2013 Valor trip has been removed. John Heald mentioned on facebook that there would be several announcements about ships coming out tomorrow. Perhaps the Victory will be moved to Tampa? Oh well...I am now looking for a different cruise...perhaps Panama Canal Miracle repo. Some very interesting and different itineraries in the works. Anyone else getting calls or seeing cruises disappear when you log in?

Victory cant fit under the bridge in Tampa

Interesting news about Valor going to San Juan...

I asked on John Heald's Facebook last night if the Destiny would still be going into dry dock next year, and he said to check his page again tomorrow for an announcement. I don't know if that will be about it's dry dock or a possible relocation or both......

Tune in tomorrow...John Heald should be making the big announcement. The Breeze will be going to Miami however, so something needs to replace the Legend in Tampa.

The only ships that can sail out of Tampa are Spirit and Fantasy class ships. So it doubtful she will be replaced.

Florida has so many ships, so from Carnival standpoint it makes sense to move capacity from Florida to help drive up the price of the remaining ships.

The only ships that can sail out of Tampa are Spirit and Fantasy class ships. So it doubtful she will be replaced.

Florida has so many ships, so from Carnival standpoint it makes sense to move capacity from Florida to help drive up the price of the remaining ships.

According to John there is no plans to replace the Legend during the summer.

But here is one thing I do not understand.

There are cutting summer 7 day cruises out of LA and Tampa and there is till a Fantasy class ship there doing shorter cruises.

So why not in LA do a 3/4/3/4/7 and repeat or a 3/4/3/4/7/7 and repeat schedule on the Inspiration during the summer.

And in Tampa do a 4/5/5/7 and repeat or a 4/5/5/7/7 and repeat schedule on the Paradise during the summer.

It would still give people the chance to do 7 day cruises during the summer.

According to John there is no plans to replace the Legend during the summer.

But here is one thing I do not understand.

There are cutting summer 7 day cruises out of LA and Tampa and there is till a Fantasy class ship there doing shorter cruises.

So why not in LA do a 3/4/3/4/7 and repeat or a 3/4/3/4/7/7 and repeat schedule on the Inspiration during the summer.

And in Tampa do a 4/5/5/7 and repeat or a 4/5/5/7/7 and repeat schedule on the Paradise during the summer.

It would still give people the chance to do 7 day cruises during the summer.

Maybe they will..

They tried to do 7 day cruises out of Jax with a Fascination and had to scrap them due to poor bookings.

I really think they make a killing on per day revenue on the shorter cruises. People feel like their time is limited to they live it up.

Maybe they will..

They tried to do 7 day cruises out of Jax with a Fascination and had to scrap them due to poor bookings.

I really think they make a killing on per day revenue on the shorter cruises. People feel like their time is limited to they live it up.

Wish they'd lived it up on the short sailing I did from Jax. My sailing must have been a fluke since we ended up in the floating retirment home. :p

As far as the Valor - do I remember that a few years back the Valor was in San Juan? Before the Victory moved there?

Wish they'd lived it up on the short sailing I did from Jax. My sailing must have been a fluke since we ended up in the floating retirment home. :p

As far as the Valor - do I remember that a few years back the Valor was in San Juan? Before the Victory moved there?

Holiday, Fascination, Jubilee and Destiny have sailed out of SJ, Valor would be the largest ship Carnival has ever had in SJ

I don't recall the Valor ever sailing from San Juan, but she may have. The Destiny sailed out of San Juan before the Victory moved there.

Tune in tomorrow...John Heald should be making the big announcement. The Breeze will be going to Miami however, so something needs to replace the Legend in Tampa.

Legend is gone for six months and then back to Tampa, no replacement will be sent according to all news releases.

Archived