Valor is being relocated

Arizona cruisers

I don't see the date but see a Transatlantic starting in Rome, four Spanish ports and Bermuda and New York. Same as the Dream itinerary. Destiny.

Hi Mary. I found it then I lost it! But no date. I am going to bed now, 1:45 am here in Ontario! Sleepy!

If the ship sales to the south it will be warmer. I did a Transatlantic

on the Dream in 09. It was in the high 70's the whole way. And

that was in November. Also I am sure the prices are going to be

very good.

Yes, the prices should be good.

Im thinking they are going to send her over early so she can do that long drydock in Italy, then do some EURO cruises as the brand new and improved Destiny.

They just loaded up the Valor sailing out of SJ, I was hoping maybe Dominica would be added back to the run....no such luck.

There is a one time Miami to San Juan repo leaving 2/3/13

Miami, FL

Grand Turk

St. Maarten, NA

St Kitts, WI

St. Thomas, USVI

San Juan

Victory is doing 8 day repo from San Juan to Miami leaving Jan 27, 2013

San Juan, Puerto Rico

St. Thomas, USVI

Aruba

Curacao

Nassau, the Bahamas

Miami

Having been on the Victory, I'm not all that excited about having it on the 4 and 5 day Miami itineraries. I know that she is due for a major drydock in 2013 as well, so maybe she is just a temporary replacement for Destiny for the summer, then off for her own FunShip 2.0 drydock. One can only hope because I really disliked the decor/theme of most of the public areas on the Victory.

The Valor is a major upgrade for San Juan, but it makes me wonder what kind of customization they will do to accommodate the Puerto Rican guests. A change-over like that is major as it takes the crew a while to learn Spanish and the entertainment offerings on the San Juan itineraries are a lot different than U.S. based itineraries. Less during the daytime due to the port-intensive itinerary, shows being held at weird times, and a separate Spanish-language entertainment schedule highlighted by a lounge with Latin music every night. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Anyone care to guess where Destiny will be based come the end of the European season?

Having been on the Victory, I'm not all that excited about having it on the 4 and 5 day Miami itineraries. I know that she is due for a major drydock in 2013 as well, so maybe she is just a temporary replacement for Destiny for the summer, then off for her own FunShip 2.0 drydock. One can only hope because I really disliked the decor/theme of most of the public areas on the Victory.

The Valor is a major upgrade for San Juan, but it makes me wonder what kind of customization they will do to accommodate the Puerto Rican guests. A change-over like that is major as it takes the crew a while to learn Spanish and the entertainment offerings on the San Juan itineraries are a lot different than U.S. based itineraries. Less during the daytime due to the port-intensive itinerary, shows being held at weird times, and a separate Spanish-language entertainment schedule highlighted by a lounge with Latin music every night. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Anyone care to guess where Destiny will be based come the end of the European season?

Victory will be doing 4 and 5 night runs from Feb 2013-April 2014, so looks like this is permanent.

Not sure what you meant about wholesale changes to the ship and staff. They didnt do anything like that when Victory replaced Destiny.

There are like 20+ bars and lounges on Valor, any of them can be used as a Latin Lounge. The fly in act will probably be the same and many of the entertainment staff will probably stay in San Juan and continue on Valor.

There were lots of staff that couldnt speak Spanish, so not sure how that would be an issue.

This isnt Carnivals first time switching ships in San Juan.

I always love the way this board usually beats JH to his announcements! Very travel savvy people here who keep their eyes and ears open, and investigate the options and figure it out before the "millions" who read hif fb page!:p:D

It seems like a lot of people already figured it out :), but it confirms what my PVP told me yesterday:

Breeze replaces Valor

Valor replaces Victory

Victory replaces Destiny

Destiny going to Europe (possibly year round)

what's so interesting is that i logged into Carnival's website on my NookColor and could actually see the Legend's itinerary from San Juan as well as Destiny's new itinerary but as soon as i log in from my desktop computer it disappears. Just showing the new Splendor and Miracle itinearies.:confused::rolleyes: So something is definitely in the works. ;)

It seems like a lot of people already figured it out :), but it confirms what my PVP told me yesterday:

Breeze replaces Valor

Valor replaces Victory

Victory replaces Destiny

16 Day Transatlantic from Miami, FL

Feb 04, 2013

Departs from: Miami, FL

Aboard the: Carnival Destiny

Ports of Call: Miami,

FLPonta Delgada,Azores, Portugal,

Malaga, Spain

Barcelona, Spain

Monaco

Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy

what's so interesting is that i logged into Carnival's website on my NookColor and could actually see the Legend's itinerary from San Juan as well as Destiny's new itinerary but as soon as i log in from my desktop computer it disappears. Just showing the new Splendor and Miracle itinearies.:confused::rolleyes: So something is definitely in the works. ;)

They just loaded them a few hours ago, so they will go up and down for awhile.

Not sure how you saw Legend from SJ.

There is a one time Miami to San Juan repo leaving 2/3/13

Miami, FL

Grand Turk

St. Maarten, NA

St Kitts, WI

St. Thomas, USVI

San Juan

Victory is doing 8 day repo from San Juan to Miami leaving Jan 27, 2013

San Juan, Puerto Rico

St. Thomas, USVI

Aruba

Curacao

Nassau, the Bahamas

Miami

I like both of those but leaning toward the 8day cruise.

Breeze replaces Valor

Valor replaces Victory

Victory replaces Destiny

I would be shocked if she stays year round.

I would be shocked if she stays year round.

Yes, I also wondered if there would be a market for Europe cruises year round too, but then I remembered that other US cruise lines do have ships in Europe year round. We'll find out soon! :)

What happens for those of us that booked on the ships before the switcharoo? I booked the Victory late last year for March 2013. Will I get my same by cabin by default or do I book again? I was excited about seeing a Triumph Class ship, but now I'll do my homework on the Conquest Class. Either way, DH and I haven't seen either so we're excited!

What happens for those of us that booked on the ships before the switcharoo? I booked the Victory late last year for March 2013. Will I get my same by cabin by default or do I book again? I was excited about seeing a Triumph Class ship, but now I'll do my homework on the Conquest Class. Either way, DH and I haven't seen either so we're excited!

They will probably move you over to an equivalent cabin. You should get an email shortly detailing your options.

They will probably move you over to an equivalent cabin. You should get an email shortly detailing your options.

Thank you DaytonCruiser. We had a wider aft balcony booked on the Victory. Do you know how I could find out if the Valor offers this too?

When I looked on 'Manage My Cruises' our 3/10/2013 Valor trip has been removed.

Mine too. Any indication where the deposit went?

Guess I have to look for a new cruise as well. This was going to be a family cruise - glad I have not started pushing it yet.

Kevin C

Archived