Valor is being relocated

Arizona cruisers

What happens for those of us that booked on the ships before the switcharoo? I booked the Victory late last year for March 2013. Will I get my same by cabin by default or do I book again? I was excited about seeing a Triumph Class ship, but now I'll do my homework on the Conquest Class. Either way, DH and I haven't seen either so we're excited!

I just e-mailed my Carnival PVP....she said we will be switched from Victory to Valor into the exact same cabin. She said it is a newer/bigger ship.

I asked her what my other options were just to cover all my bases and am still waiting to hear from her.

I just e-mailed my Carnival PVP....she said we will be switched from Victory to Valor into the exact same cabin. She said it is a newer/bigger ship.

I asked her what my other options were just to cover all my bases and am still waiting to hear from her.

You get a much better ship, so what other options are you looking for?

I got the 'official' email early this morning. I was glad that my PVP gave me the heads up!! Here are the Cliff Notes:

The deposits will be held for 5 days if you want to reschedule on another ship. If you do nothing during the 5 days, you will get a refund (no extra compensation) on the credit card you used for the booking. The refund will take about 3 weeks to show up. You have to do something to rebook. You will not just be transferred to a different ship. So...call PVP or TA to change booking. Do nothing and you will get a credit in a few weeks. At least that was for the Valor originally out of Miami since there is no replacemet for this cruise.

Our issue was we booked the 6K scenic ocean view. There are only two of them in the entire fleet...both on the Valor. Oh well...we are considering the Miracle repositioning through the Panama Canal. That has been on our bucket list. It just doesn't work well with our teaching schedules. It just may be time for us to retire and cruise more!

I got the 'official' email early this morning. I was glad that my PVP gave me the heads up!! Here are the Cliff Notes:

The deposits will be held for 5 days if you want to reschedule on another ship. If you do nothing during the 5 days, you will get a refund (no extra compensation) on the credit card you used for the booking. The refund will take about 3 weeks to show up. You have to do something to rebook. You will not just be transferred to a different ship. So...call PVP or TA to change booking. Do nothing and you will get a credit in a few weeks. At least that was for the Valor originally out of Miami since there is no replacemet for this cruise.

Our issue was we booked the 6K scenic ocean view. There are only two of them in the entire fleet...both on the Valor. Oh well...we are considering the Miracle repositioning through the Panama Canal. That has been on our bucket list. It just doesn't work well with our teaching schedules. It just may be time for us to retire and cruise more!

Thank for posting the details of the email.

I got an email this morning stating that they will just give us comparable cabins on the Valor based on what we had originally booked on the Victory. Any tips on the best 8N cabin? We had one of the wider balconies booked on the Victory, and would like the same on the Valor if I can.

I got an email this morning stating that they will just give us comparable cabins on the Valor based on what we had originally booked on the Victory. Any tips on the best 8N cabin? We had one of the wider balconies booked on the Victory, and would like the same on the Valor if I can.

You would think we would get the same cabins on Valor as we had booked on Victory - we had the extended balconies on Victory - I just checked my cruise docs on line and we are in just a regular balcony. We had 2 balconies next to each other - with hopes of being able to open them and have one big one as there are 10 of us. Now we have regular balcony rooms on opposite sides of the ship. We also had 3 inside rooms right across from our balcony rooms. They put my sister and her boyfriend in a handicap room which means they have a chance of being moved God knows where.

I have sent an email to my pvp (she had emailed me this morning and told me they would put us in the exact same cabins on Valor as we booked on Victory) with my displeasure. If we can not be given our same rooms then I want to be able to cancel with out a penalty and get a full refund even though I booked an early saver....I hope that is possible.

I was really excited about Victory and got excited today about Valor but.....now I am having second thoughts.

So good luck!

You would think we would get the same cabins on Valor as we had booked on Victory - we had the extended balconies on Victory - I just checked my cruise docs on line and we are in just a regular balcony. We had 2 balconies next to each other - with hopes of being able to open them and have one big one as there are 10 of us. Now we have regular balcony rooms on opposite sides of the ship. We also had 3 inside rooms right across from our balcony rooms. They put my sister and her boyfriend in a handicap room which means they have a chance of being moved God knows where.

I have sent an email to my pvp (she had emailed me this morning and told me they would put us in the exact same cabins on Valor as we booked on Victory) with my displeasure. If we can not be given our same rooms then I want to be able to cancel with out a penalty and get a full refund even though I booked an early saver....I hope that is possible.

I was really excited about Victory and got excited today about Valor but.....now I am having second thoughts.

I called to see if they would be able to put me in a specific cabin, and was told that they hadn't gotten to the Victory to Valor changes yet. I asked if a note could be made to the booking, but was told that the layout for both ships is different. What I can see on the aft cabins, the layouts are the same. Sometimes it seems like customer service doesn't want to help and other times--they're fantastic. I wish they're service would be more consistent.

I called to see if they would be able to put me in a specific cabin, and was told that they hadn't gotten to the Victory to Valor changes yet. I asked if a note could be made to the booking, but was told that the layout for both ships is different. What I can see on the aft cabins, the layouts are the same. Sometimes it seems like customer service doesn't want to help and other times--they're fantastic. I wish they're service would be more consistent.

Do you think when they said they layouts were different, they meant that the cabin numbers don't match up exactly?

Looking at the schedules and with nothing loaded after the TA and with the Destiny scheduled for a dry dock I would not be surprised to see her transferred to Costa to replace the Concordia since it will be 2014 before Costa gets another new build...Just my guess.

^^^THIS.^^^

This is exactly what I am thinking. There is seriously no other reason they would put the Destiny in Italy. She'll be 17 years old, and is not a ship that would represent Carnival's European product without a MAJOR, MAJOR refurb (>$100M). I expect her to replace the Costa Concordia and to be dispatched accordingly by Costa.

^^^THIS.^^^

This is exactly what I am thinking. There is seriously no other reason they would put the Destiny in Italy. She'll be 17 years old, and is not a ship that would represent Carnival's European product without a MAJOR, MAJOR refurb (>$100M). I expect her to replace the Costa Concordia and to be dispatched accordingly by Costa.

Could be. The other day I was thinking that Carnival has too much ship doing more or less the same itineraries. So getting rid of on won't be that of a problem I think.

Could be. The other day I was thinking that Carnival has too much ship doing more or less the same itineraries. So getting rid of on won't be that of a problem I think.

What it also does is it will allow CCL to raise the price on Caribbean cruises with the Legend and now Destiny there is a reduction in berths, which will mean the remaining ones will now come at a higher premium. Also, if indeed the Destiny goes to Costa like I think...RCL will become "the most popular cruise line in the world," in terms of guest berthed. With the Destiny out of the fleet, the RCL and CCL fleets will roughly be the same size, with RCL's ships on average much bigger that theoretically will carry more passengers, they will for sure over take when their new class of ships begin entering the fleet due to CCL not having any new builds after the Breeze.

I am a travel agent and had a group on the Victory for 4-21-13 and it has been replaced with the Valor.

My info I received from Carnival says Valor will start the Southern Caribbean voyages on 2-10-13 and that the Victory will be moved to Miami.

I know those that have booked are being moved to comparable staterooms on the Valor. I am not sure what is happening at this point with those that were on the Valor as my info only pertained to my group.

I'm excited about this switch. Don't get me wrong, I love the Victory, but have sailed 3 weeks on her. I remember a while back there was a post about which ships would move to make room for the Breeze and this switch was exactly what I was hoping for. Definitely booking the Valor out of San Juan for next February!!

Archived