Guys Burgers & Fries on Carnival Liberty

Kreeb

Also: how? How do you get a full days worth of calories into a burger? What in the world are in them?

And other than the sauce, how are these different from any other hamburger?

I know that is a rhetorical question,,but I think a good one. How does one get that, unless the meat is like a pound burger.

In fact, I know its not the greatest burger and normally never my choice of a place to eat but I was at an NBA game today that has a McDonald's inside and I ate one of thier 1/3 pound Angus burgers that has a lot of junk and sauce on it and it was 700 calories. So 1600??????????

scgamecock's #1 rule of cruising: No diets allowed while cruising. ;)

Isn't that part of the reason to go cruising?? It's vacation, you don't have to do the same routine.

Last time when I went on Disney (Glory is next!) they have a pirate themed party with an awesome buffet. I had a HUGE chicken leg with other random sides. With a drink. Then 2 hours later i was in the mood for cheese pizza.

Food is one of the great things about cruising. I gained about 2.5-3 lbs. but oh well... like my son said, "it doesn't matter, we're on vacation!"

I know that is a rhetorical question,,but I think a good one. How does one get that, unless the meat is like a pound burger.

In fact, I know its not the greatest burger and normally never my choice of a place to eat but I was at an NBA game today that has a McDonald's inside and I ate one of thier 1/3 pound Angus burgers that has a lot of junk and sauce on it and it was 700 calories. So 1600??????????

I haven't calculated it....but I assume that is the burger with ALL of the toppings - the mayo sauce, bacon, maybe extra cheese and even the fries or the onion rings.

I always kinda thought the 1600 (or 1800 - depending on which areticle you read) was for the "meal". But I could definately be wrong :o

I think its hard to make everyone happy when things change.

I know some people are splitting the burger with others in their family/group

I dont mind change at all, and really one burger a week I can really do without. I much rather have my lunch at the deli, or even the lido. I do accept that guy's burgers are very popular and that is fine with me, but it is just not for me, and no biggie. My upcoming cruise will be solo, so no way to split or share a guys buger, and my MOM, who starved during world war 2 Europe and after, would slap me silly if I order a dish and only ate half of it.!! Just me. Even though she is not with me this cruise, but i think she would be on my shoulder saying " dont you leave that food!"

But no problem, with those who want to eat that kind of food, and yes I think I might like a mini burger of those, but those are not available, and I cant split one with anyone, so I will just not experience guys burger, and that will be ok with me.....so much else to enjoy.

Hardees Monster Thickburger is 1420 cal 107g of fat

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6498304/ns/business-retail/t/hardees-serves--calorie-burger/#.T0BJC04gfB0

041116_monsterTB.grid-6x2.jpg

This is the Quadruple Bypass burger...8000 calories(for the meal)

Served at the Heart Attack Grill in Vegas

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/healthquest/heart-attack-grill-in-vegas-come-hungry-leave-in-an-ambulance

Quadruple-Bypass-Burger.jpg

quadruple_bypass_burger.jpg

That makes a Guy Burger look low cal..lol

Hardees Monster Thickburger is 1420 cal 107g of fat

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6498304/ns/business-retail/t/hardees-serves--calorie-burger/#.T0BJC04gfB0

041116_monsterTB.grid-6x2.jpg

This is the Quadruple Bypass burger...8000 calories(for the meal)

Served at the Heart Attack Grill in Vegas

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/healthquest/heart-attack-grill-in-vegas-come-hungry-leave-in-an-ambulance

Quadruple-Bypass-Burger.jpg

quadruple_bypass_burger.jpg

That makes a Guy Burger look low cal..lol

Ummmmm WOWZA!~!!!!!! :confused: Never knew there was a Quadruple Bypass Burger out there... cahhhhhhRAZY! :D

Guy's Burger Joint looks good to me! :)

Anyone know if you can JUST get L&P instead of LTOP??

It actually wasn't rhetorical. I aim for 1200-1500 calories a day. I am baffled how you can get that into a single burger.

(If it is "the meal" I can kind of understand- a lot of restaurant meals exceed my daily calories)

Me too. But careful when you do go, you just MIGHT have a heart attack!

This guy was only having the Triple Bypass burger...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57379101/apparent-heart-attack-at-heart-attack-grill/

I'll take my chances... The Concordia accident didn't stop me from cruising either! :D

It actually wasn't rhetorical. I aim for 1200-1500 calories a day. I am baffled how you can get that into a single burger.

(If it is "the meal" I can kind of understand- a lot of restaurant meals exceed my daily calories)

I'm not sure either. I've had the Guy's burger on the Liberty. I expected it to be dripping with grease with supposedly having all those calories. It wasn't. It was a surprisingly good burger. Not as huge as I expected either which was fine with me.

They were quite good but not something I'd eat all the time. The burrito bar was nice for a lighter option. The other thing that adds big calories to burgers is mayo - glad I don't like the stuff! I am wondering if the crazy calorie count is for the "piggy patty" they offer with a whole patty made of bacon? That one just sounded gross to me.

The burgers looked great! Although the first thing i noticed was the fact that the meat was kept in trays underneath the grill...that could breed some nasty food poisoning if they are out for too long!:eek:

Still gonna try them though :D

Not thrilled seeing the meat stored under the grills either. Are all those trays full of meat?

They do, but it's obvious from the video that this is not one with a refrigerated drawer like the one shown in that link.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Archived