Question about price drop

I booked our cruise last weekend through RCCL. Looking on the website, it looks like the price has gone done $100 per stateroom because of the President's Day sale. Is this something I can call about to see if we can get the new price?

As a side note, this is our very first cruise. I did not discover CC until after I booked so I am sure I have already made many mistakes in how I booked, etc. But I am trying to learn by reading everyone's very helpful advice and spending way too much time here! In fact, my family has forbidden me to talk about the cruise anymore and I have been allotted a brief update once a week:) I have decided I am not going to stress too much about what I should have done differently but instead focus on making it a great first cruise for us and learning from any mistakes. With that said, if I can save a little money, I am all for it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

The sale is for new bookings only. However, check your price after the sale, because they frequently keep the same price. If you haven't made final payment, then you can get the price difference (refund or onboard credit). If you cancel and rebook, you probably won't get the same cabin, and the system may not let you do that, anyway, but you can ask.

After final payment you can only upgrade to a better cabin for the same price you paid for yours, or pay more for a better cabin.

The sale is for new bookings only. However, check your price after the sale, because they frequently keep the same price. If you haven't made final payment, then you can get the price difference (refund or onboard credit).

After final payment you can only upgrade to a better cabin for the same price you paid for yours, or pay more for a better cabin.

It is now being reported that people are having luck bothering the heck out of the Resolutions Deparment and getting their price adjusted during a "new bookings only" sale. Im not agreeing or disagreeing with the tactic, only reporting what is being posted here. There was a thread about it yesterday as a matter of fact.

Case by case situation I imagine and maybe the Diamond status that the OP that had the thread yesterday had made a difference. I have no idea?

It is now being reported that people are having luck bothering the heck out of the Resolutions Deparment and getting their price adjusted during a "new bookings only" sale. Im not agreeing or disagreeing with the tactic, only reporting what is being posted here. There was a thread about it yesterday as a matter of fact.

Case by case situation I imagine and maybe the Diamond status that the OP that had the thread yesterday had made a difference. I have no idea?

Well, my TA tried that a few weeks ago, and even with my "Tiger Mom" and my D+ status, she had no luck. Hit or miss, but Resolutions is always worth a try.

........:) I have decided I am not going to stress too much about what I should have done differently but instead focus on making it a great first cruise for us and learning from any mistakes. With that said, if I can save a little money, I am all for it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi,

welcome to the Cruise Critic.

What a great attitutde - many of us could learn from you.

There is a lot of comments about very similar situation on this thread, perhaps you have seen it , if not here is the link :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1574965

Enjoy your first cruise .... and be careful .... the cruises, similar to the cruise critic board ..... can make you an addict

The op's should be pre-final payment. I do not see the cruise on the weekly specials website. When I try it on the RCl website, I do not see a "deal" banner. I know nearly everything seems to be marked "new bookings" these days, but I wonder if this is a rather ordinary price drop...I would call if I were the OP. all they can say is no...they may well say yes.

Well, my TA tried that a few weeks ago, and even with my "Tiger Mom" and my D+ status, she had no luck. Hit or miss, but Resolutions is always worth a try.

My mistake anyway. The thread I was referring to,the OP just wanted to pay the difference of advertised price for a certain category that was on sale and upgrade and was able to go through Resolutions and get it done.

Clearly a different situation than asking for a price reduction I guess.

My mistake anyway. The thread I was referring to,the OP just wanted to pay the difference of advertised price for a certain category that was on sale and upgrade and was able to go through Resolutions and get it done.

Clearly a different situation than asking for a price reduction I guess.

Yes, those situations usually work out with the help of Resolutions. I should have known better than to even hope we could get anywhere with our situation. I'm spoiled! :o This is actually the first cruise I've booked since the new policy in 5/10 where my price has gone DOWN after final payment.

I'm being petulant! :D

same thing happened to us on our first RCI cruise. Disney pulled the Magic over to Europe, and we found RCI when looking for a replacement. Price was cheaper than any Disney cruise we had done so we booked (on a Sunday). On Tuesday, RCI ran their weekly sale, and the price had dropped ~$100/pp. Called and were told sorry but no - price was for new bookings only. Found CC about a week later, and someone suggested checking periodically for price drops, so we started checking every week...

About two weeks before final payment date, RCI dropped the price on our Cat by $200/pp, so we called and got the reduction.

Archived