S.t.y.l.e.

OceanDreaming2

Last week, during our Dawn cruise, crew members were notified they were no longer to wear their S.T.Y.L.E. pins. A new program is coming soon - Vacation Hero. No idea when the new pins will arrive and not much info on how they will earn their pins.

We were gifted several of the S.T.Y.L.E. pins and wore them for the balance of the cruise and will wear them proudly on future Norwegian cruises (also new - they prefer Norwegian vs. NCL).

S.T.Y.L.E. cards were still available to leave positive feedback for great crew members.

I'll say Norwegian but type NCL;).

If this is the company that does't like NCL and wants Norwegian. I think this is probably the silliest thing I've heard.

We've been in business a long time and have gotten some pretty funny names that we have been called. I really could care less as long as their check is made out to a company name I can cash, that they pay us and that they return to use us again.

And I'm thnking they had best then take it off of their logo.

I call them NCL, tell all my friends and family to sail NCL and I write NCL. If they don't like it I can always not do any of the above.:rolleyes:

The company prefers Norwegian over NCL. Haven't you seen any recent advertising? Party like a Norwegian, etc.?

:D Actually yes and no. A while back someone posted an email that they had received, so I got to see it.

We actually don't get the TV ads here and I've come to the conclusion NCL doesn't like me because they never send me any emails :eek:. I've went as far as to change my email address in My NCL thinking that maybe the other email address was going to outerspace. Nope no luck still don't get any :(

I get NCL emails almost daily - have you checked your spam folders - I did recently and found that my Celebrity emails were going there.

Just a thought

Cheers

Dennis

Actually I have 2 email accounts that I have tried, my hotmail and the one through my actual internet provider. I don't get at either and both are obviously not using the same spam filter. And it is also not going to junk. I tell ya, they just don't love me as much as they do their other passengers. ;) :D

Actually I have 2 email accounts that I have tried, my hotmail and the one through my actual internet provider. I don't get at either and both are obviously not using the same spam filter. And it is also not going to junk. I tell ya, they just don't love me as much as they do their other passengers. ;) :D

They don't love me either...I rarely get NCL mail :(

I get NCL emails almost daily - have you checked your spam folders - I did recently and found that my Celebrity emails were going there.

Just a thought

Cheers

Dennis

From what others have said in various posts, there are quite a few of us who never get any NCL emails despite signing up for their specials numerous times and also having an email address in our profiles. Not going to spam or junk either.

The last couple months I spent onboard, corp and senior management was stressing that we are "Norwegian" and to avoid saying NCL. It's also Norwegian Cruise Line not Norwegian Cruise Lines.

James I can totally understand this being stressed to their employees. They appear to be making some major overhauls to their image and of course with that comes things like a new slogan "like a norwegian", a revision of name etc.

I only made comment due to how the OP wrote this "(also new - they prefer Norwegian vs. NCL)". It really sounded like Norwegian Cruise Line (LOL) was trying to get their customers to do this because they didn't like their company called "NCL" any longer. Sort of like naming a young child and nickname and when they get a little older they try and have dear great-Auntie remember to call them by their grown up name. Which to me was just plain silly.

James I can totally understand this being stressed to their employees. They appear to be making some major overhauls to their image and of course with that comes things like a new slogan "like a norwegian", a revision of name etc.

I only made comment due to how the OP wrote this "(also new - they prefer Norwegian vs. NCL)". It really sounded like Norwegian Cruise Line (LOL) was trying to get their customers to do this because they didn't like their company called "NCL" any longer. Sort of like naming a young child and nickname and when they get a little older they try and have dear great-Auntie remember to call them by their grown up name. Which to me was just plain silly.

It's not silly at all. They're spending big for the Cruise Like a Norwegian ad campaign and for people unfamiliar with cruising, NCL is just an acronym that doesn't mean anything. A name is more easily identifiable than an acronym for many (I know, there are examples like IBM, but generally speaking).

My 2 cents from a marketing/branding perspective. No one is stopping you from saying NCL on Cruise Critic or anywhere else.

With technology and texting..good luck with having people not use NCL..even their website is NCL . com.

Okay..good luck with people like me who use abbreviations a lot like SB(Star bucks), FB( face book), CR(Cedar Rapids- okay-funny true story with that one-the city just came out with an APP to receive city information and named it "CR APP"-not realizing what it spells :D). Okay, on the other hand..maybe I should start calling it Norwegian Cruise Line.. tehe..

On the other hand.. I am totally loving the title "Vacation Hero"!! :)

• 1 month later...

Have you ever noticed that we love to abbreviate everything?

We hear a long name and figure out a way to shorten it. Plus, it is easier to remember.

NCL is quick and easy.

Norwegian isn't.

But I can see that it will be funny to say "party like a NCLer" instead of "party like a Norwegian"....

But when I heard that "party like a Norwegian" my first thought was - how do Norwegians party?

Archived