For THose Who Poo-Pooed the Cruislines leaving MX

flamomo

While I hate reading this, I thank OP for bringing this article to our attention. I hadn't seen it but will post the link on HAL board where we've had the conversation about whether cruise lines should cancel Mexican itineraries.

Wow. That is really scary. Those poor passengers. :/

How do you even get over something like that? I mean, can you imagine what the rest of their cruise is going to be like? I doubt they'll be able to enjoy it, which is putting it lightly. I'd be traumatized, I'm sure.

I hope this answers the hundreds of threads that ask, "Should We Take Our Passports Off The Ship". The resounding answer is NO !!!!! Can you imagine the stuff that's going to be done with those passengers' passports? Who knows what will be coming into the US with fake passports made from the stolen ones.

I would think that this is going to be another great hurdle for Mexican tourism to overcome. The cruise industry has already cut most of the ports and this may just be the final straw.

Talk about difficult jobs! :eek: How would you like to work for the Tourist Office in Mexico? :confused: Maybe charged with increasing cruise lines stops in the country. :eek:

Talk about difficult jobs! :eek: How would you like to work for the Tourist Office in Mexico? :confused: Maybe charged with increasing cruise lines stops in the country. :eek:

They have got the bar set pretty low now. Any increase will look big on percentage basis.

Personally I NEVER poo pooed it........I think it is long overdue. It is difficult with so many ships to choose from trying to do 7 day itineraries to the Western Caribbean or out of the west coats to complely eliminate Mexico..........but I always thought it would be in the best interest of the cruise lines and passengers to bypass at least for the short term Mexico.

It was a terrible incident. And the police are truly investigating this robbery.

This road was south of PV going into the forest. The road is used by the locals and other who want to do hiking.

That being said, I hope our two stops in PV and Cabo on our Panama cruise will not be cancelled. I plan to walk around PV one of my favorite towns in Mexico when we are in port. Whenever i am in any port anywhere in the world, I onl bring a small amt of cash, one creidt card and never my passport , just a copy if I every missed my ship.

Went to Huatulco in January for the second year. Would go back there in a heartbeat.

I remember hearing a Segway tour in maybe the Bahamas that was getting robbed repeatedly. Could've been Bermuda. They were robbing everyone, including the guide. The problem isn't exclusive to

Mexico but they have shown no real effort to control the problem.

Archived