Cruisinetta organizes the Shipbuilding Exhibition

Spinner2

A new twist on the Shipbuilding Contest of which Cruisinetta is justly famous and which seems to be temporarily on hiatus aboard the HAL ships. So, for this cruise on the Ryndam she's organized an exhibition of model ships and she believes that at the event there will be at least 3 models that CC members are building while enjoying this cruise.

Cruisinetta has taken with her this time the famous Antsterdam which is the only model she's ever taken home with her. She calls it "little" and while it's true she now builds much larger creations, when she built this one back in 2007, it was large by anyone else's standards. I was there and I saw it in person. She carried it to the Lido on Sea Trials Day and two people went along side her to protect it as she walked along, holding it in both arms.

For this trip she's modernized it, adding a Lido Pool and goodness knows what else; she just says, "a lot of improvements." And, she's building what she calls a "silly ship" about which I know nothing yet.

So this will not be a HAL-sponsored shipbuilding contest, but a CC'ers Exhibition and she's brought along little prizes and all to add to the festivities.

Enough of her plans. Let's see what she's done to the Antsterdam! (Yes, at one time there were little ants on it; I can't tell yet about those.) Look at the photo and see what you spot.

ansterdam2.jpg

You will notice that what she calls "small" is still as long as the usual table in her cabin. This is not some matchbox-size creation at all!

My apologies to you, Marney and Lynn!! I've gotten the links to the last build, and Lynn's emails and just have not had a chance to update the Pages I've made for displaying Lynn's fabulaous builds:(

I will do my darndest to get everything up before I leave Saturday for my cruise!!

Please forgive me?????????

Joanie

I'm always happy to help Cruisinetta out by posting her photos. It's very difficult to do (and expensive!) from the ship. Besides, I have an online location that we own, where I can post and link them to CC pages so they can stay available for as long as anyone is interested in seeing them.

I've heard from Cruisinetta today; as today was their final sea day the Exhibition was held this morning. She reports that there were 3 ships in total and that she enjoyed displaying The Antsterdam, with its upgrades and improvements, again. There were 2 more ships to see as well.

She's out of internet minutes and will be home on Sunday evening so she'll send the photos over and I'll get them up then.

In other onboard news she says that a cold front is moving through and the seas are extremely rough. She's anticipating great sleeping weather tonight! I don't envy her packing job; I've packed in similar seas and it is challenging!

Back from a wonderful cruise on the Ryndam. This little ship has partially restored my faith in HAL. Had a long talk with the events manager and she was not happy about the shipbuilding contest being gone. She thinks it will be back some day. Got my fingers crossed. As for the CC exhibition, it was great. Most of the CCers showed up for it and we had three ships. All awesome. I gave out HAL prizes. Then we had our end of cruise Meet & Greet. Great group of CCers.

Sorry, Cruisinetta; I was out of the house all day and couldn't put up the photos until now.

There are, as Crusinetta told us earlier, three ships. She sent me photos of all 3: her "Antsterdam after Dry Dock" (the original was built in 2007; clearly time for dry dock, right?) and two more. One is named the Oinkdam and it was a real crowd-pleaser. The other, the Hotdam, held all of the cargo and withstood the "hurricane" of the whirlpool quite nicely.

Then, finally the 2 photos she sent of the Antsterdam. But I still can't see the little ants!

OINKIDAM

antsterdam-oinkidam.jpg

HOTDAM

antsterdam-hotdam.jpg

ANTSTERDAM AFTER DRY DOCK view 1

antsterdam-add.jpg

ANTSTERDAM AFTER DRY DOCK view 2

antsderdam-add2.jpg

Cruisinetta reports, "All ships were built by Cruise Critics and most of the the Meet & Greet folks showed up.* Others joined in and had a really good time with this.* We also had a Meet & Greet after the exhibition.* Lots of champagne and almost no one drinks LOL."

Questions for Cruisinetta? She's home now and will check in, I'm sure.

Archived