Barcelona airport transfer

meduza

Hi, Has anyone travelled with Suntransfers.com as they seem to be the cheapest taxi transfer from Barcelona to the hotel and port?. Peronally i haven't heard of them and would really like some feedback if possible before paying.Thanks for any help from anyone.:)

Hi, Has anyone travelled with Suntransfers.com as they seem to be the cheapest taxi transfer from Barcelona to the hotel and port?. Peronally i haven't heard of them and would really like some feedback if possible before paying.Thanks for any help from anyone.:)

Why not just use a taxi..We had no problem this past August and the cost for the 2 of us and luggage was approx 30-35 Euros for each trip..airport to port..port to Las Ramblas hotel..hotel to airport..You might also check the minimum number of passengers (might apply) to get their lowest rates..A public taxi might end up costing less depending on the number in your party....

Unless you have a very large travel group, there's no reason to book a special transfer as taxis are plentiful and reasonably priced!!! It is a short drive into the city and the price for 2 people with 2 bags in the trunk will be between 25-30 euro.

Extra bags and extra people will raise the price.

Thanks for suggestions ! there is will be 4 of us, and I'm not sure if we will fit in one car. Also our flight home living BCN 10:20 in the morning, so we will have no time to wait for taxi in the port

There are van type taxi's...When you return from your cruise...many many taxi's will be there and waiting ..be in one of the first groups off and you will have "no" problem waiting for a taxi they will be "WAITING" for you !

I've been reading-up on this as well, and had heard that 4 is the maximum number of passengers, that you will be charged by the ride...not the passenger, that there is a 1-Euro surcharge per bag, and that you can sometimes get an unscrupulous driver who will pad the fare by taking the scenic route. It should be about 20 Km from curb-to-curb.

Left a couple of emails for some taxi operators for quotes. Will post any info that I come-up with.

Thanks for suggestions ! there is will be 4 of us, and I'm not sure if we will fit in one car. Also our flight home living BCN 10:20 in the morning, so we will have no time to wait for taxi in the port

There have been issues about not enoughtaxis when you leave the ship. For this portion, you may just want to consider the ship transfer.

We used sun transfers for our ride from hotel back to airport since our flight left at 7am I didn't want to chance it with trying to get a cab. It worked out fine the guy was there early and took us to the airport so I would recommend them

Do any of the downtown hotels provide a free van to the airport?

No ! Walk out side your hotel and hail your own cab.. If they call one for you there will be extra charges involved on the taxi meter..

has anyone used the Aerobus to transfer from the airport to downtown hotels? We will be staying the night before our cruise, and the hotels that we are considering all speak of being close to the Aerobus stop.

"Close" can be subjective..especially with luggage....

has anyone used the Aerobus to transfer from the airport to downtown hotels? We will be staying the night before our cruise, and the hotels that we are considering all speak of being close to the Aerobus stop.

The area is flat with sidewalks. If I were staying nearby, I wouldn't hesitate to walk; but I appear to be in the minority.

If it's any help, when we were in Barcelona last year, we didn't use a taxi or transfer at all. Metro(Subway) from station to near our B&B and used the port bus to get to the bus on sailaway.

We used the Aerobus from the airport to Barcelona city centre prior to our cruise in january. It is an excellent service which runs every 10mins and terminates at the Plaza de Cataluna which is at the top of La Rambla. The cost is just over 5 euros each.

We stayed at the Hotel Curious just off La Rambla within easy walking distance from the bus stop and easy to walk to the cruise shuttle at the bottom of La Rambla.

Used the Aerobus for our return w/o problem - highly recommended.

Archived