Is this a good price on Med cruise?

travelbug2225

I saw 12 nights Med cruise on Solstice for $1049 for May 11 on inside with $200 obc + another $100 obc that my TA offer. Is this a good price? Should I book now or wait to see if the price will go lower. When I first look at this cruise the price for inside was $999, so it did went up a little bit but the price for OV and balcony went down. The promotion for $200 obc will end this weekend,so I need to make a decision.

I saw 12 nights Med cruise on Solstice for $1049 for May 11 on inside with $200 obc + another $100 obc that my TA offer. Is this a good price? Should I book now or wait to see if the price will go lower. When I first look at this cruise the price for inside was $999, so it did went up a little bit but the price for OV and balcony went down. The promotion for $200 obc will end this weekend,so I need to make a decision.

I just looked through those two-day pricing specials. WOW!! I wish I had the added time/schedule flexibility right now to grab one of these deals. Those are some super good prices!! Could they go lower? Maybe, but the odds are not that good. I would grab one of them now. You'll love the Solstice. You can see more details from my live/blog noted below with lots of visuals, etc. Also, to help, here are a few sample pictures for why we liked this ship so much last June. Does this help you decide? Plus, Barcelona is wonderful as a city from which to do your cruise, spend a little extra time, etc. Don't miss the great sail-in and sail-out for Venice. Great ports and stops. Having a room with a window or balcony can be very nice and might be worth a small additional cost. Reactions??

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 66,454 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

On the top, back of the Solstice, here is a wider view of Corning Hot Glass show area, plus the green grass and the unique covering designs for this special area of the ship. Classy design touches and style!!:

SolsticeGlassGrassBack.jpg

When the sun was setting as the Solstice sailed from Rome to Venice, here was the visual on the back lawn on the ship’s top, back level.* Dramatic and beautiful!!:

SolsticeSunsetBackLawn.jpg

This is a view looking up in the Solstice central lobby with a music group playing there. :

SolsticeLobbyUpView.jpg

The Solarium was one of our favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility. Wonderful setting for relaxing and watching the outside water/shore views, enjoying subtle inside action, etc.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

Close call. Its' getting close to final payment on late May cruises and the 11 night on Equinox in 2C - partially obstructed balcony - just dropped to $1,199, with plenty of empty cabins on the ship. Many on roll call upgrading to CC and AQ and saving on fares.

Air fares are another matter.....:confused:

Close call. Its' getting close to final payment on late May cruises and the 11 night on Equinox in 2C - partially obstructed balcony - just dropped to $1,199, with plenty of empty cabins on the ship. Many on roll call upgrading to CC and AQ and saving on fares.

Air fares are another matter.....:confused:

Yep, same here on the May 11 Equinox cruise. insides and oceanview GTY are $999, balcony GTY only $1099. Lots of us have either got price drops or upgraded. Our final payment is today, too.

I'd say that is an exceptional cruise fare price esp. adding in the OBCs but make sure you can get an airfare you can live with - unfortunately the airlines are not having the "fire sales" that the cruise ships are.

For $62.42/night (factoring in your OBC), you should snap it up. Do you have FF miles?

Bon voyage!

Yes, I already redeem my mile for this date I just have not book the cruise yet because I keep see the price drop. I will fly in to Barcelona and fly out from Madrid.

FYI: My travel agent told me that they will also have the same promotion on OBC again on March 2-7.

Hi there, We are going onthe solstice on the 29th april,the cruise before yours, we booked a balcony cabin on deck 9 (1B cat) and the total cost including graturities was just under £1000 (english) and also got $180 obc.

So maybe for an inside that might be about right, if the price includes all taxes and grats etc.I have noticed when looking at cruise prices, there can be big differences between companies and also sometimes the prices go down for a short while and then go back up,

for instance yester when looking 1 cruise went down to $1049 and a few hours later went back up to £1499.hope you get a good price may see you boarding when we are getting off ha!ha!

Yes the price is very good. Annoyed that the prices we have are 50% higher with no OBC. When they can't fill the ships we know how low the price will go.

Maybe someone was listening. The 11-May price for a GTY balcony has dropped to a similar level. No OBC but free flights instead.

Archived