So Chair Hogs dont have rights?

JPTexan82

And all of those reasons are quite vaild, but what about the ships with adults only pools and no Seaside Theatre? It is the same on all ships and a question that the CHAIR HOGS are too cowardly to answer...:rolleyes:
Are you equating childfree adults who (paid full price and choose to) sit by the main pool with chair hogs? :confused:

Of course that is the question is 30 minutes really 30 minutes. Unfortunately you get a lot of people that just take the view point that if it is empty they are just going to move the stuff. While most of the people claim that they have waited for 30 minutes before moving how many really do? I know I have far better thnigs to do then sitting with a watch looking at a particular seat or group of seats for 30 minutes.

Just as the chair hogs claim reasons for what they do, the chair vigilantes also claim their reasons. Each is just trying to justify their behavior. The ship has set the rules, it is up to the ship to enforce them. It is appropriate to ask a crew member to enforce the rules (of course the biggest issue when you ask a crew member to moves someones things, they most likely do not know if the person claiming that the 30 minute rule has been violated is correct or not.

Very well stated, I believe that the gray area is the reason why the cruise ship employees do not enforce the rules regarding this. They certainly arent watching to see who gets up and when and how long they are gone, of course if another guest comes up and complains then they are forced to take action, but could possibly get into trouble for it from another guest that they take the chair from. It's a lose/ lose for the employees so that is probably why they stay away from it. Cant say as I blame them, I worked with the public for many, many years and in this case: Which customer is right?

Both sides feel superior in their sense of entitlement.

Clearly there is the case of someone coming out and claiming 10-15 seats early for a group. It far far less clear for individual seats where somoen may have been gone for just a few minutes and someone tries to grab the seat before 30 minutes because after all if no one is it they must be a chair hog and they are entitled to move the stuff and grab it.

Very well stated, I believe that the gray area is the reason why the cruise ship employees do not enforce the rules regarding this. They certainly arent watching to see who gets up and when and how long they are gone, of course if another guest comes up and complains then they are forced to take action, but could possibly get into trouble for it from another guest that they take the chair from. It's a lose/ lose for the employees so that is probably why they stay away from it. Cant say as I blame them, I worked with the public for many, many years and in this case: Which customer is right?

So you have a chair to sit in to keep an eye on the time a chair is left unoccupied or are you just standing around "lurking"?

What a waste of your vacation time.

After all it is their vacation to do with as they want. So why is that a problem???

But in good faith is it right to move their stuff?
Since chair-saving is against Carnival's posted guidelines, one could argue that the owner had given up any claim to the items. I would consider them abandoned and dispose of them accordingly.

What the cruiselines need to do is just take all of the deck chairs off all the ships and make you bring your own folding pocket chair along with your luggage, that would solve this problem.

That way there would be plenty of room for everyone's chair out by the pool, cause those things are so small and they don't recline back, so they don't take up hardly any room at all.

Also people wouldn't stay around the pool area very long cause they are very hard on your back to sit for any period of time. :D

What the cruiselines need to do is just take all of the deck chairs off all the ships and make you bring your own folding pocket chair along with your luggage, that would solve this problem.

That way there would be plenty of room for everyone's chair out by the pool, cause those things are so small and they don't recline back, so they don't take up hardly any room at all.

Also people wouldn't stay around the pool area very long cause they are very hard on your back to sit for any period of time. :D

I like that idea, I think I would pay more for that

I want everyone to please read the following definition and apply it to the OP's original statement:

-Troll

1a. Noun

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

The OP's original post on the subject was taken down. There is a reason for that. He is just causing trouble. Please don't feed into it. :)

Really??? You do realize this is a discussion board correct? Not everyone is going to agree with everyone.

One more question for you, do you think that MAYBE this thread MIGHT have an impact on someone that is acually hogging these chairs to think twice next time after reading this? I think so....

i want everyone to please read the following definition and apply it to the op's original statement:

-troll

1a. Noun

one who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

the op's original post on the subject was taken down. There is a reason for that. He is just causing trouble. Please don't feed into it. :)

haha haha haha haha haha haha :d

Really??? You do realize this is a discussion board correct? Not everyone is going to agree with everyone.

One more question for you, do you think that MAYBE this thread MIGHT have an impact on someone that is acually hogging these chairs to think twice next time after reading this? I think so....

All I can say is I HOPE SO, but I highly doubt it...if they are doing it they don't care and I doubt that listening to us talk about it will suddenly shine a ray of light up their rear ends!;)

Not saying that im For or Against Chair Hogs. I have to be real careful what I say or the Admins will be upset.

But how is it right for someone to touch someone elses stuff and move it, because in the real world that is a form of assult. But in good faith is it right to move their stuff?

Actually its NOT assult. You can not assult an inanimate object. If you are holding that object and I jerk it away from you, then yes, you can claim assult. (my dad is a deputy in Tennessee).

I just can't understand why people (Chair Hogs) expect that they should be able to take up chairs they aren't using - I mean the rest of us paid money to be on the same ship they are on (I don't care if I paid more or less than the chair hog, but I did pay to be on that ship) and should be able to use the chairs as much as the next person.

Now that I know that it isn't a horrible to thing to move items after 30+ minutes of a person not being there - I believe I will do so on my cruise in June.

So let me ask - what do you folks typically DO with the stuff you move? Do you take it to the towel station, do you move it to another unoccupied chair, do you place it on the ground? Since I'm only interested in the chairs on the serenity deck, I am curious. And do you believe that these same rules apply to the double seats and the hammocks?

I'm extremely happy to see that nothing has changed in the 2 years I was away from these boards as far as chairhogs are concerned. As for what happened to the "stuff" that was moved? I distinctly remember on one cruise, seeing peoples flip-flops, towels, sunglasses, books, etc go flying overboard. While it is illegal to throw items overboard, I do have to admit it was hilarious. The look when the chairhog came back and the "chair thief" as they were called, informed them that their crap was floating in the Atlantic ocean somewhere - PRICELESS!

I'm extremely happy to see that nothing has changed in the 2 years I was away from these boards as far as chairhogs are concerned. As for what happened to the "stuff" that was moved? I distinctly remember on one cruise, seeing peoples flip-flops, towels, sunglasses, books, etc go flying overboard. While it is illegal to throw items overboard, I do have to admit it was hilarious. The look when the chairhog came back and the "chair thief" as they were called, informed them that their crap was floating in the Atlantic ocean somewhere - PRICELESS!

now, I'm not a Chog, but that sounds a bit extreme!

Wow, sounds extreme, not to mention dangerous! You never really know who you are dealing with and there are plenty of people out there who will surely punch someone in the face if they throw their stuff overboard. Is it annoying when people hog chairs? Sure, but I dont think that destroying people's property is the answer, especially when you are with a bunch of strangers at sea who may have had quite a bit to drink. :eek:

Wow, sounds extreme, not to mention dangerous! You never really know who you are dealing with and there are plenty of people out there who will surely punch someone in the face if they throw their stuff overboard. Is it annoying when people hog chairs? Sure, but I dont think that destroying people's property is the answer, especially when you are with a bunch of strangers at sea who may have had quite a bit to drink. :eek:

I, for one would never leave stuff on a chair. But IF I did and someone threw my stuff overboard, they would have to lock me up in the ship brig after I was done with the person who did that to my belongings. For the most part, I am a sweet southern girl with good manners and I tend to be the positive cheerleader helping to break things up. But, if someone harms me, my friends, my family or my things... that's just dangerous territory.

I, for one would never leave stuff on a chair. But IF I did and someone threw my stuff overboard, they would have to lock me up in the ship brig after I was done with the person who did that to my belongings. For the most part, I am a sweet southern girl with good manners and I tend to be the positive cheerleader helping to break things up. But, if someone harms me, my friends, my family or my things... that's just dangerous territory.

Right? I mean just because someone's things are left on a chair, give's someone the right to just throw them overboard? I dont like the chair hogs, but really, could we have a little perspective?

This thread has now officially intersected with "what do you have to do to get put off a cruise ship?" :p

:D:DLMAO! But seriously, who would get put off, the person who threw the stuff over or the person who went ape on that person? I say throw em all off, that way I can get a chair!

Archived