Can now pre-reserve restaurants on the jewel

Diamond60

I'm so excited!!! Just got off the phone w/ NCL. You can now pre-book resturants including the Moderno. The LeBistro and the Sushi are the only ones you can't book before 8pm. Of course, you'll have to pre-pay. You'll also be able to reserve onboard, of couse.

I'm so excited!!! Just got off the phone w/ NCL. You can now pre-book resturants including the Moderno. The LeBistro and the Sushi are the only ones you can't book before 8pm. Of course, you'll have to pre-pay. You'll also be able to reserve onboard, of couse.

Do you know how far in advance you are able to book it?

I just logged into my cruise reservation on NCL's website and made dining reservations for an April sailing on the Pearl. 6 specialty restaurant reservations were available for all nights of the cruise. Sushi was not available, presumably because it is ala carte and not a cover charge. Teppenyaki was only available at 5:30 each night. The other restaurants were available for 5:30, 6:00, 7:30, 8:00, 8:30 and 9:00 reservations. It looks like they are not allowing bookings for prime dining times. It also said that child prices would be determined on board. The reservation required a credit card to hold. I can't quite tell if they actually charged my credit card now or are just using it to hold the reservations, as the checkout page listed $0 for "amount due now" and the cancellation policy said reservations could be cancelled up to 5:00 p.m. the night of the reservation. I'm supposed to get an email confirmation within 24 hours.

Edit: Forgot to thank the OP for tipping me off that this was available. Thanks!!!

I just logged into my cruise reservation on NCL's website and made dining reservations for an April sailing on the Pearl. 6 specialty restaurant reservations were available for all nights of the cruise. Sushi was not available, presumably because it is ala carte and not a cover charge. Teppenyaki was only available at 5:30 each night. The other restaurants were available for 5:30, 6:00, 7:30, 8:00, 8:30 and 9:00 reservations. It looks like they are not allowing bookings for prime dining times. It also said that child prices would be determined on board. The reservation required a credit card to hold. I can't quite tell if they actually charged my credit card now or are just using it to hold the reservations, as the checkout page listed $0 for "amount due now" and the cancellation policy said reservations could be cancelled up to 5:00 p.m. the night of the reservation. I'm supposed to get an email confirmation within 24 hours.

Edit: Forgot to thank the OP for tipping me off that this was available. Thanks!!!

Thanks for the details. I guess we'll have to wait and see whether the charges need to be pre-paid or whether they will be charged to your shipboard account.

Out of curiosity, what do you consider prime dining times? The times that you listed seem to run the gamut, including 6, 7:30 and 8, which I thought pretty much covers the peak dining period.

Thanks for the details. I guess we'll have to wait and see whether the charges need to be pre-paid or whether they will be charged to your shipboard account.

Out of curiosity, what do you consider prime dining times? The times that you listed seem to run the gamut, including 6, 7:30 and 8, which I thought pretty much covers the peak dining period.

They didn't allow any reservations after 5:30 for Teppenyaki or between 6:00-7:30 for the other restaurants. But you're right, there was a variety of times for most restaurants.

They didn't allow any reservations after 5:30 for Teppenyaki or between 6:00-7:30 for the other restaurants. But you're right, there was a variety of times for most restaurants.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm actually surprised that they're allowing any Teppanyaki pre-bookings since Teppanyaki's seating is so limited and is probably the only surcharge restaurant that is booked solid (or close to it).

Hi Everyone

Look carefulyl at your edocs. Mine do NOT say the same thing as reported above. First, the charges were put thru to my credit card immediately for the full amount. Second, my edocs were immediately revised to show the reservations, identify them as paid in full and say:

Cancellations of dinner reservations must be made no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled dining time to receive a full refund. If cancellation occurs with less than 24 hours notice, no refund will be issued. To ensure that our guests receive our best service, we can only hold your dinner reservation for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, the unclaimed reservation will be released and no refund will be issued.

So, at least on the Jewel on March 17, you must cancel 24 hrs in advance to get money back.....

Hi Everyone

Look carefulyl at your edocs. Mine do NOT say the same thing as reported above. First, the charges were put thru to my credit card immediately for the full amount. Second, my edocs were immediately revised to show the reservations, identify them as paid in full and say:

Cancellations of dinner reservations must be made no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled dining time to receive a full refund. If cancellation occurs with less than 24 hours notice, no refund will be issued. To ensure that our guests receive our best service, we can only hold your dinner reservation for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, the unclaimed reservation will be released and no refund will be issued.

So, at least on the Jewel on March 17, you must cancel 24 hrs in advance to get money back.....

Thanks very much for posting this. I just checked my edocs, and they say exactly what you posted (i.e. paid in full and 24-hour cancellation required). When I made the reservations, however, the terms and conditions that I had to accept stated as follows:

Dining Terms & Conditions

Prices

All prices are in U.S. dollars, capacity controlled and subject to change without notice.

Refunds and Cancellation Fees

Guests have the opportunity to cancel their reservation up till 5:00 p.m. on the day of their reservation. We will hold a table for a reservation for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes has passed, then the guest will be considered a no-show.

Guests that fail to show up for their reservation will be assessed a fee equivalent to the cover charge of the specialty restaurant in which the reservation was made for up to a party of 2. This charge will be applied to the account of the guest that is holding the reservation. If the party shows up late for their reservation (after the 15-minute holding time), then the guests may be seated at the next available opportunity, if one exists, and they will not be assessed a fee.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm actually surprised that they're allowing any Teppanyaki pre-bookings since Teppanyaki's seating is so limited and is probably the only surcharge restaurant that is booked solid (or close to it).

We pre booked Teppanyaki on the Dawn for 8pm. Was not asked for credit card details but it does show on my booking. Expect that we will be charged on board same as the excursions.

It seems that booking dining without the benefit of a) not knowing what is being served in the MDR, and b) not having the Freestyle Daily to know if there is a specific activity that you don't want to miss, is going to be less than easy.

Additionally...this is another thing where pre-payment is required. By the time we're done with all of the pre-paying, there will be nothing left to spend OBC on. This is just going to make OBC a less valuable incentive for some people.

What NCL needs to do...especially with the Excursions, Dining, and Entertainment, is to let people who pre-book use their applicable OBC to pay for it.

We have done this, prebooked, on all RCCL ships and love this option.

We are booked on the Breakaway for July 2013 but have a quick 3 night cruise booked on the Sky for May 24. We plan to only eat in the Speciality restaurants.

Will this option be available for short cruises, such as the Sky?

It would be great to take care of this before we board so I can worry about doing one less thing.

Thanks.

Archived