clarify suite perks

NoobCruise

This time, we fly to Seattle the day before, stay in a hotel, and plan to get to the ship around 11 am or so. Hopefully there won't be any lines yet and we can just enjoy our day on board :) but I would like to know where to go ;)

I once paid my own money to attend a conference and then the first plane had engine trouble and turned back - I missed the first day of the conference. Since then every time I'm paying I have my flight scheduled for more than 24 hours ahead of whatever I'm going to do. There's always something interesting to do in a foreign city.

Also if you board your ship as soon as the gates open you'll find that the pools and hot tubs are empty. Have a nice relaxing swim before the muster drill!

??Our bottle of Voss was sparkling. Do they carbonate it artificially?

AFAIK there is no natural spring anywhere in the world that makes water as fizzy as people expect from carbonated bottled water. Some of the bottled water companies distill the CO2 from 10+ liters of water and force it all into one liter. Others just pump in CO2 from their local compressed air supplier.

You can always bring the food back to your cabin. As suggested on this board, I'd take along the tray under my ice bucket, lots of folks did that.

Is it always acceptable to take food from the buffet to your cabin? Are there any limits on what is OK?

Yes, you may bring your breakfast, lunch or dinner from Lido to your cabin.

I don't think you'd want to take the full tray of whatever they have set out but no one has a problem if you take food for you and your partner/friend/traveling companion...... There is no good refrigeration to store food so it wouldn't make sense to take more than you wish to eat at the time.

We upgraded last year on a trip from Lauderdale to San Diego through the canal. The suite was amazing. It turned out to be a VERY useful upgrade when my wife broke her foot on the first excursion after the canal. The suite allowed ample room for the wheelchair and the staff were more than helpful. She was pampered by the Neptune steward for the rest of the trip. In balance, the free laundry/dry cleaning were excellent; the neptune lounge served excellent coffees and snacks; and, the optional cocktail parties on the balcony for our tablemates and friends were outstanding. We probably would make that the standard if we hadn't cruised South America this year with Azamara. Somehow, the free wines, sodas, and amenities for the whole trip on our regular balcony on the Journey balanced the extra room on the suite. The total lack of lines for anything made preferred tender boarding redundant and gratuities included with the fare and not an extra amount for each day made the whole experience refreshing. It was our first trip on a smaller ship. We are going transatlantic with Azamara next December to see if it can be replicated.

Yes, you may bring your breakfast, lunch or dinner from Lido to your cabin.

I don't think you'd want to take the full tray of whatever they have set out but no one has a problem if you take food for you and your partner/friend/traveling companion...... There is no good refrigeration to store food so it wouldn't make sense to take more than you wish to eat at the time.

There aren't trays in the Lido anymore, so how much you carry anywhere- room, table, pool area, is limited anyway.

By tray.....

I was referring to the tray of donuts, the tray of cookies, cheese tray etc

Archived