Live from the crashed Grandeur in Costa Maya

Zachnlucy,

I hate to ask you this but after you get home, will you still be up to going to Alaska? You know you are always ready to leave on vacation but always ready to get home. Do you have any children and if so are they with you?

Enjoy what you can! Oh...is there still enough food on ship??You know thats main reason to take cruise is to eat and eat!

Karol

How shocking that this hasn't blown up yet all over the United States media like the Dawn did but I think that is because you folks are still in Mexico! The gash to the ship looks similar to what happened to the Queen Elizabeth 2 when it ran aground in a sandbar and needed to be dry docked in Boston back when I was a younger lad. Same size roughly given the pictures. That ship will need a dry docking or a wet dock to put a plate over it on the exterior. Interior work could take a while and they could do that at their leisure!

It hasn't been on the news yet but I'm sure with the Houston "Oatmeal" reporter poking around it will be on the AP Newswire in not time and there we have another cruise ship story! My co-workers think I'm nuts talking about all this stuff. Thanks for the pictures who ever posted them!

Glad also to read no one was hurt. I was in Costa Maya and yeah, that place is pretty deserted! If I could, I would stay on the ship until it was ready to go back to New Orleans! :)

What a treat to be stuck on the ship for an extra few days. I was scheduled on a HAL cruise after one got extended. They did not make an appropriate offer of compensation, in my opinion. I'm sure RCI will do better ( BTW we would have missed 2 nights and 3 days of the cruise and there was no refund at all, just a shipboard credit)

"Everybody realizes that there are reporters lurking on this site???"

Meaning what? That what you are posting on an internet board for all the world to see is somehow more secret, or more valid, than what a reporter would report?

Quite a few of the freedoms we enjoy in the US are due to the diligent work of reporters and a free press. (And no, I'm not a reporter.)

Thanks for all of the help finding the pictures! I looked for them so many times. I must not have refreshed my site or something. Anyway, I found them all and then found all of the new links. CC friends are the best!

Also, thanks to everyone on board for keeping us informed. Glad you are all safe.

FYI... I just got a call from our travel agent (we are scheduled to be on the April 23 departure). I was told that yes, the ship will sail on Sunday, April 24. We will receive a $125 per-person on-board credit in addition to a 25% discount on a future cruise.

FYI... I just got a call from our travel agent (we are scheduled to be on the April 23 departure). I was told that yes, the ship will sail on Sunday, April 24. We will receive a $125 per-person on-board credit in addition to a 25% discount on a future cruise.

Is the credit per person or per stateroom? Just wondering, when our Mariner cruise was delayed last year due to hurricane, we got a per stateroom credit. $500 bux per stateroom, it would have been sweet to get that on a per person basis.

Archived