RSSC Without Air?

Hello,

I am just wondering what is RSSC's arrangement for those that are not opting for the air, and if the prices on their website all include air.

This is the cruise that has taken my fancy http://www.rssc.com/cruises/MAR120703/itinerary.aspx

I live 3 hours flying from Istanbul- air costs about $300 per person for me, so paying $7269 per person is not a good value for me.

I can honestly see where the value is for RSSC if not living in the USA, honestly can- but being so far away, I struggle to.

What are RSSC's arrangement for folks who do not wish to opt for some of their offers ?

Regards,

Bahrain_not_dubai!

It's no problem - they just give you an air credit. You never have to take Regent's air, or any cruise line's air, even thought it may seem included. If you don't take it, a credit is issued. Many, many times, you are better off taking the air credit and getting your own air.

It's no problem - they just give you an air credit. You never have to take Regent's air, or any cruise line's air, even thought it may seem included. If you don't take it, a credit is issued. Many, many times, you are better off taking the air credit and getting your own air.

Alidor, thanks- how much usually is that air credit?

Air credit depends on where you are going. Usually in the range of $800 to $1200 for flying from the US to Europe. If you are looking at the US site, then that would probably be about right. I never use Regent air, always get the credit, as we have tons of FF miles.

Air credit depends on where you are going. Usually in the range of $800 to $1200 for flying from the US to Europe. If you are looking at the US site, then that would probably be about right. I never use Regent air, always get the credit, as we have tons of FF miles.

Okay, and is the credit onboard credit or a cheque, or what exactly?

Hello,

I am just wondering what is RSSC's arrangement for those that are not opting for the air, and if the prices on their website all include air.

This is the cruise that has taken my fancy http://www.rssc.com/cruises/MAR120703/itinerary.aspx

I live 3 hours flying from Istanbul- air costs about $300 per person for me, so paying $7269 per person is not a good value for me.

I can honestly see where the value is for RSSC if not living in the USA, honestly can- but being so far away, I struggle to.

What are RSSC's arrangement for folks who do not wish to opt for some of their offers ?

Regards,

Bahrain_not_dubai!

Alidor, thanks- how much usually is that air credit?

Assuming you can book the cruise through an American or Canadian based travel agent, the airfare credit for the cruise (in USD) would be $2800 for categories MS-C and $1200 for categories D-H.

Booking from outside the US or Canada may be different in terms of airfare credit.

As others stated, the amount varies according to the itinerary and the credit is taken as a price reduction.

In some cases, Regent has very good air, and they are one of the few who I think do, but most of the time, especially if you have miles, you get your own air or use your miles.

if not needed..usually $300...we always do our own air and get the price reduction...And,,you must provide your own transportation to ship.Its very nice to plan best flight,pick own seat,time,,etc...rather than relying on others.Then you can take taxi and not wait for others to arrive at airport and for bus to fill up...usually less expensive too.;)

Booking from outside the US or Canada may be different in terms of airfare credit.

We are living in the Netherlands and using a US Travel agent for our Regent cruises. Non-air and hotel discount are the same.

We are living in the Netherlands and using a US Travel agent for our Regent cruises. Non-air and hotel discount are the same.

Very interesting post. Have you considered starting a thread about living in the Netherlands and using a US Travel agent? Although you cannot list the company you use, the information could be quite helpful -- particularly for CC members living in the U.K.:)

Very interesting post. Have you considered starting a thread about living in the Netherlands and using a US Travel agent? Although you cannot list the company you use, the information could be quite helpful -- particularly for CC members living in the U.K.:)

I am sure there are more Europeans using a US travel agency. I know at least one CC member.... We are using the same TA.:)

Why would this be helpful?

This thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1579972 is very recent. Are you paying higher rates for upgrades than we do in the U.S.? I've heard that TA's in the U.K. are not as knowledgeable as they are in the U.S. With so many Brits sailing on Regent, it would be nice for there to be a thread where they can ask questions and learn if there are advantages to using a TA in the U.S.

This thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1579972 is very recent. Are you paying higher rates for upgrades than we do in the U.S.? I've heard that TA's in the U.K. are not as knowledgeable as they are in the U.S. With so many Brits sailing on Regent, it would be nice for there to be a thread where they can ask questions and learn if there are advantages to using a TA in the U.S.

Glad to help. Actually we can not use Regent-air. So upgrades on flights are out of the question. But, just like everyone else, we can make our own arrangements for a better price. :)

The biggest advantage for us are the rates ( US$ versus €). We also get no SBC when booking in Holland. So all in all, for us, it is just a financial thing.

Example: On our upcoming cruise, booking in Holland would cost us an extra €750 per person..... Plus we would have no SBC.

Archived