Breakaway, Your Expectations?

portagyplaya12

Hi all,

I'm currently tentative on booking a 2013 cruise on the NCL Breakaway. I've sailed twice before with NCL (Dawl and Jewel) and had a fantastic time on both ships, so I'd like do something special for my third sailing. I will be traveling with my girlfriend to Bermuda, and we are both in our 20s. I'm very excited to cruise with her again (and just to cruise in general) but I'm a little unsure of what to expect of the Breakaway. I guess right now I'm comparing it to the Epic.

Will there be any differences between the Epic and the Breakaway, and are they even in the same "class"? Will the Breakaway be introducing anything new within the fleet? I know it's still sort of early but you guys seem to always have the inside scoop before I do so I'd love to hear feedback from any of you!

Regardless, can't wait to visit Bermuda again on the newest ship in the fleet!

Cheers,

Corey

Hi all,

I'm currently tentative on booking a 2013 cruise on the NCL Breakaway. I've sailed twice before with NCL (Dawl and Jewel) and had a fantastic time on both ships, so I'd like do something special for my third sailing. I will be traveling with my girlfriend to Bermuda, and we are both in our 20s. I'm very excited to cruise with her again (and just to cruise in general) but I'm a little unsure of what to expect of the Breakaway. I guess right now I'm comparing it to the Epic.

Will there be any differences between the Epic and the Breakaway, and are they even in the same "class"? Will the Breakaway be introducing anything new within the fleet? I know it's still sort of early but you guys seem to always have the inside scoop before I do so I'd love to hear feedback from any of you!

Regardless, can't wait to visit Bermuda again on the newest ship in the fleet!

Cheers,

Corey

Embarks in NY!Not too exciting at that time of year for non locals.Itinerary sucks in my opinion for the money.Just being honest.:(

I just wish they would announce some details!! Only just over a year to go and it's still "to come" on deck plans and will be announced soon when you ask NCL! I won't book until I see the innards!!

Hopefully they will keep the good parts of Epic like O'Sheehans and Spice/H2O a nd reduce the size of the ca$ino which just wasted nearly a whole deck!

I just wish they would announce some details!! Only just over a year to go and it's still "to come" on deck plans and will be announced soon when you ask NCL! I won't book until I see the innards!!

Hopefully they will keep the good parts of Epic like O'Sheehans and Spice/H2O a nd reduce the size of the ca$ino which just wasted nearly a whole deck!

Both the Breakaway and Getaway have fewer (about half) Studio Class Cabins.This tells me that while initially very successful on the EPIC,that perhaps it is a dieing accomodation available on NCL.

Both the Breakaway and Getaway have fewer (about half) Studio Class Cabins.This tells me that while initially very successful on the EPIC,that perhaps it is a dieing accomodation available on NCL.

well...you also figure, eventually those singles will find a partner. i mean...right? :D maybe EPIC will have some modifications when she drydocks?

I think it is too early to tell. Once the ship is close to being finished, the pictures will come out. I dont like the intinerary at all and unless it changes, I wont be on the ship.

Cool!Your on the EPIC when I'll be for the first time.That itinerary is fixed for now for Bermuda.I told them they were crazy wasting that ship for that itinerary.But I'm just a cruiser...I really don't give a s$#@!

Not really, the ship is smaller with less cabins, say 4 studios = 3 inside cabins, the economics is 4 ppl vs 6.

Plus keeping the qty low with high demand means they can justify a slightly raised price!!

Embarks in NY!Not too exciting at that time of year for non locals.Itinerary sucks in my opinion for the money.Just being honest.:(

NYC is exciting 365 days a year; that's why we live here. We take the BREAKAWAY to get away from the excitement and remind ourselves how lucky we are to be able to do both.

Are you all saying the Breakaway will be as big as the Epic? I thought the Epic was a once , and done deal?

No, Breakaway is somewhat smaller than the Epic, but still significantly bigger than the Jewel class ships. Closer to the size of the Epic than to the size of the Jewel class.

Think Celebrity Soltice - built by the same yard, cabins already look similar. I think they will market this as an upscale NCL ship. Classier, more refined than the Las Vegas styled Epic.

It's also the yard that built the Jewel class ships. A similar looking exterior doesn't say anything about the interior design and decor. You and I could own identical homes, but if you spent more money furnishing yours it would probably look better than mine.

Im not a local and It doesnt excite me to cruise out of New york

There's something more meaningful in a US port than the Statue of Liberty? Or how about observing a moment of silence as you pass the former World Trade Center site? Does any other US city have anything remotely resembling the NY skyline?

There's something more meaningful in a US port than the Statue of Liberty? Or how about observing a moment of silence as you pass the former World Trade Center site? Does any other US city have anything remotely resembling the NY skyline?

If you want to keep this about cruising which I was commenting on

As a cruise port it is low on my list. It is overpriced for the places it goes. Especially the prices they are getting for the Breakaway.

I can get a better cruise experience for a better price from Florida or even Peurto Rico.

Now visiting NY thats a different story for a different board.

But I would definatly give a moment of silence to the WTC just as I would to my family and friends that have died defending this country.

BTW I am from San Francisco. My city has the best Skyline in the world JMHO

If you want to keep this about cruising which I was commenting on

As a cruise port it is low on my list. It is overpriced for the places it goes. Especially the prices they are getting for the Breakaway.

I can get a better cruise experience for a better price from Florida or even Peurto Rico.

Now visiting NY thats a different story for a different board.

But I would definatly give a moment of silence to the WTC just as I would to my family and friends that have died defending this country.

BTW I am from San Francisco. My city has the best Skyline in the world JMHO

Except...the thread is about the ship...the Breakaway. My original comment on cruising from NY was in response to a post that started: "Embarks in NY!Not too exciting at that time of year for non locals."

So, you see those words were about NY. Then you say: "Im not a local and It doesnt excite me to cruise out of New york"...which sure as a heck sounds like it's about cruising out of New York (in your words) not about the itinerary, not even about the ship (which was the actual topic of the thread). You said nary a word in your first post about the itinerary or the ship.

Well I'm hoping to do the inaugural from Southampton as a Bit I have never been to NY and love the idea of sailing in by those sites and then have an offer from NCL to stay a few nights in NY before flying home.

New Ship, Studio cabins, only flying one-way and no ports = cheaper price. 1 wk sea another stay in NY sounds perfect.

HOWEVER

If there is nothing of interest onboard that's a long week of sea days hence can only wait until they release details!

The reason the Bermuda cruises are successful is that lots of New Yorkers love going to Bermuda and since Bermuda hotels are $300+ a night, a cruise is a deal even if the prices is higher then normal. The cost of eating in Bermuda is also very high.

The reason the Bermuda cruises are successful is that lots of New Yorkers love going to Bermuda and since Bermuda hotels are $300+ a night, a cruise is a deal even if the prices is higher then normal. The cost of eating in Bermuda is also very high.

I personally like Bermuda because I believe it's the safest non-us port in the atlantic, it's beautiful, the locals are super friendly and it's nice to be docked for 3 days, not having to worry about a time to be back on the ship.

Archived