Spring 2012 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns

HI all!

I didn't really care for Brooke's dress or hair last night.

Kerri ~ yes I noticed him too! Some other "stars" in the audience too. I've spotted Chaz a couple of times.

I finally voted last night using Magic Jack on my Iphone but it said I'd reached the number of calls I can make from this number so don't know if it counted.:confused:

I thought the dancers got off to a slow start, anybody else feel that too?

See you later! Wonder who's headed home.

~ Jo ~:)

There did seem to be more major mistakes last night.

Most of the "stars" in the audience I probably miss because I just don't know who they are. I had to google Little Richard to make sure he wasn't dead! I did recognized Nina Vardolas (sp?) from my big fat Greek wedding in the crowd. Wonder if she's got something new coming out.

I saw several 'stars' that are of Greek extraction, including Nina, John Stamos and Rita Wilson, maybe supporting Maria? I wondered who the guy in the wheel chair was; now I see that it must have been Little Richard.

The dances did seem a little 'off' last night. I wonder if part of it was that on some the music did not seem to go with the dance style very well. Especially poor Gladys and 'Bohemian Rhapsody'--tough to dance to. Also, a waltz on rock night? Though that was one of the better dances last night.

I wonder also if we aren't just expecting more since the first couple of nights were so good; also if the judges haven't realized they were overscoring people and are now 'adjusting' the scores in response.

Brooke's dress was ok for rock night, but nothing else. And whoa, Big Hair. Most of the costumes for this night were just too out there for real wear on a ship or anywhere, but they were fun.

With a number of the outfits, including Brooke's and Sherry, all I can think of is hooker dominatrix. I don't really care that it's because of KISS, the look just isn't my taste.
Perhaps Victoria has more secrets than we thought??:D

Tango is a beautiful dance, but that wasn't i; and what's with all the rolling around on the floor. If you're on the floor in ballroom then something has gone horrible wrong.

Whoever got the waltz got a pass, as that was about as close as they came to correct tempo.

It's a good thing I don't live closer or I'd have been passing out torches and pitchforks to the villagers.

Brooke's dress was really beautiful, though I'd have like it better long, and her hair was pretty too. I like her better with her hair down.

Bottom two was crazy; at least one of them was. Not too unhappy about who went home, but, IMO, not the worst dance this week.

Thanks...

I have my own dance lesson on Tuesdays so I never get to see the results show. I usually find results on line and it did seem to me that judges were not doing a "save"....

Curious, what do you all think of this change?

I know lots of people liked Sherri, but I was not unhappy with the results. I guess I am weird this season, I think that Gladys is dancing well... Sure she does not have the power some of the younger dancers do but technically I think she is quite good... I enjoy watching her dance. I was so glad she did not go home..... Not to mention, which has nothing to do with nothing, I just love her smile!!

I did not see the results show.

Did the bottom 2 dancers dance and the judges make the decision like Tom announced is going to happen the other night?

Hi, nope...not yesterday. It is starting next week.

HI all!

smooth ~ I sort of like the idea of the dance off but OTOH it takes away from voting.:confused:

I was so happy that Gavin got his good news at the beginning of the show. He's such a

sweet guy with his kind words to Martina then carrying Melissa.:D

'til next week! Have a nice weekend!

~ Jo ~ :)

HI all!

What no posting after last night's show!:confused:

I'm on the fence about Brooke's dress, don't know about patterns! Liked her hair tho'.

Well that was one HOT show! What's going on with Derek & partner?! I think my little boy will be headed home tonight.:(

TTFN

~ Jo ~ :)

Don't know about Derek and Maria, might be just playing for the votes. I read online that he was seeing Mark's partner, the opera singer. Was it just me or did Derek take way too long taking off his shirt.

I liked Brooke's gown. The stripes looked liked they might have been two different laces put together. She had more boobs out than covered though, so it must have been really tight.

Loved the water effect with the boat at the opening of Gavin's dance, but I didn't hear Len complain about anyone taking to long to start their actual dancing. I think either him or Melissa should home tonight.

I liked Brooke's dress, especially the shape and flow of it; not as sure about the color and pattern, and it needed a little more 'up top'. Her hair was lovely.

Probably Gavin or Melissa will be going home tonight. I wish he'd lose that stupid hat! Several of the dances seemed very good and very close in quality. After a couple of more eliminations, it will get tough.

For once, I can't really fault the music, it was latin and correct tempo with the exception of Fever, which I don't care what language you sing it in, was not Samba.

Samba is a parade dance, and the traditional Samba steps in all of them were lacking, but it was stil better than last week

There are several kinds of Salsa danced to Mambos, Merengues, and Bachatas. These were certainly the Mambo versions very fast.

I enjoyed the Argentine Tangos. Derek's partner did the best job by far, as the woman is the primary dancer in that dance, the man leads with blocks and positions, but it's the woman who really gets to perform, and she didn't miss a beat.

Interestingly enough, American Tango is considered a ballroom dance, and not a latin one.

I enjoyed the Argentine Tangos. Derek's partner did the best job by far, as the woman is the primary dancer in that dance, the man leads with blocks and positions, but it's the woman who really gets to perform, and she didn't miss a beat

It was Mark's partner who did the great Tango, the classical/opera singer, what does she sing?

I just got a chance to watch last nights show.

Well I loved Brookes gown, she has had some great pics this season.

Gene, without a doubt Mark and Katherine did the most incredible tango. For once I agree with Bruno, they really told a story with thier dance. Amazing!!

The Derek and Maria kissing is a bit much for me!

I kinda liked Brooke's dress last night. The silver colour was good on her and for being a short dress it was only above her knees for once.

Didn't like Selena Gomez's dress. Looked like something a little kid would wear.

I think the side by side dance off worked okay for a first time doing it.

I liked Brooke's dress too, and I agree, the length was better than the super short styles. I can even see it on a cruise, on the right person. Her hair was pretty too.

Carrie Ann's dress looked pretty as well, but I couldn't see much of it.

The side by side dance I think worked well and came out as expected. I kind of think it's a good idea so that the judges can save some people who may not have a big fan base but are still good dancers. There have been people other years voted off who didn't deserve to go so early.

Carrie Ann's dress looked pretty as well, but I couldn't see much of it.

I liked what I could see also. Didn't like her Monday night dress. I think it was the one with metallic leaves in three colours attached to a matching neck strap.

Archived